ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Walker...great tweet!!

BBN was here long before Cal, but fan interest and new fan arrival happened when Cal took over and hit the ground the way he did. UK in the media and pop culture along with celebrity associations SKYROCKETED. If you can't see that then you are out of your mind. This isn't every good ol' boy is a fan of UK and talks about the game at the local corner....Cal took UK to a level it hadn't been since Pitino and it went even higher than that.
I'm sorry man (actually, I'm not), but you are completely wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about and you are not going to find one person on this board that is going to agree with you. Even the biggest Cal supporter will laugh at you.

Reactions: Cawood86
Fly by night fans are not what makes this program special. Who in the world cares about pop culture?
Your bigoted little shot reveals exactly what you are. I am so sick of these pot shots at fans.
Cal ain't the hero you think he is. He's just a a seat holder, not the architect.
I don't put hero status on UK coaches. Real heroes and role models put their lives at risk everyday to do good in the world. I just tire of the crowd who acts like 2-3 less than average years (Elite Eights with legit Final Four shots might I add) is reason to fire a coach who has brought monumental success the 6-7 years prior. That is just flat out idiotic.

Yeah that's not at all what I said. I said the fan interest skyrocketed compared to where we had been at during the backside of Tubby and GIllispie. UK became more popular than it even was during the Pitino years from 2010-2015 and its not even close.
You're comparing fan interest from 2006 through 2008 to 2009 through 2015. That is where your problm starts and ends.

When a team is winning, the fanbase is going to roar, but when you go 9-15, the direct opposite happens.

You're simply being a jerk by comparing the fanbase in Tubby's worst years to the fanbase in Cal's best years. In other words, your trolling and your being very biased.

I don't put hero status on UK coaches. Real heroes and role models put their lives at risk everyday to do good in the world. I just tire of the crowd who acts like 2-3 less than average years (Elite Eights with legit Final Four shots might I add) is reason to fire a coach who has brought monumental success the 6-7 years prior. That is just flat out idiotic.
9-16
$10,000,000.00 a year

Game
Set
Match

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I'm sorry man (actually, I'm not), but you are completely wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about and you are not going to find one person on this board that is going to agree with you. Even the biggest Cal supporter will laugh at you.
Agree to disagree and i strongly disagree because at no point in time did you have the amount of high leveled superstars, actors, musicians and sheer number of high level talent flocking to UK the way they did from 2009/10 through 2014/15. Regular visits and shout outs from the best players in the world like Lebron, top recording artist in the world like Drake, top movie actors and actresses, numerous Top 5 players....I'm not talking regular fan support like you or myself, but rather the popularity of the name University of Kentucky Men's Basketball held in the world.

Cal has had more overall success than either K or Roy since 2010...stats back that up with everything other than K's two titles that like you said should've been ours. No trolling...just being realistic and not an idiot over the top fan that believes UK should be on a path to a Final Four every 2-3 years and cant remember that only 4 complete seasons ago we were finishing runner up and in the Final Four. Cal is in a dry spell I give you that, but your "What have you done for me lately" attitude is exactly why most fan bases think we are idiots.
False. Cal plays in a weaker conference, got blown out by duke to the tune of 34 points, lost to UNC when it counted and he just orchestrated a 9-16 season and blamed the fans and players. GFY

Agree to disagree and i strongly disagree because at no point in time did you have the amount of high leveled superstars, actors, musicians and sheer number of high level talent flocking to UK the way they did from 2009/10 through 2014/15. Regular visits and shout outs from the best players in the world like Lebron, top recording artist in the world like Drake, top movie actors and actresses, numerous Top 5 players....I'm not talking regular fan support like you or myself, but rather the popularity of the name University of Kentucky Men's Basketball held in the world.
Another post that proves I am in a discussion with someone who is totally clueless.

Lebron James doesn’t give a rip about Cal and/or UK. I don’t know whete you get that.

The one guy that WAS in Cal's corner, was Drake. When's the last time you heard of Drake being at a UK facility or function?

You are clueless. You damn sure aren't a real UK fan.

9-16
$10,000,000.00 a year

Game
Set
Match
10 seasons plus 1 COVID shortened season
150-34 81.5% winning percentage
7 years of atleast an Elite Eight
4 years of atleast a Final Four
2 Title Games
1 Championship
More tournament wins than any other coach
More Final Fours than any other coach
More regular season wins than any other coach

That equals $10,000,000 a year. Why take only one year to prove your point? Shouldn't an entire body or work or atleast a majority of work be considered when passing judgement? I'm sure you don't believe so because that wouldn't fit your agenda.

Tiger Beat and Teen magazine your daily reading? You record Entertainment tonight?
Just a troll.

False. Cal plays in a weaker conference, got blown out by duke to the tune of 34 points, lost to UNC when it counted and he just orchestrated a 9-16 season and blamed the fans and players. GFY
Lehigh and Mercer....what about Duke again?

10 seasons plus 1 COVID shortened season
2 Title Games
1 Championship

That equals $10,000,000 a year. Why take only one year to prove your point? Shouldn't an entire body or work or atleast a majority of work be considered when passing judgement? I'm sure you don't believe so because that wouldn't fit your agenda.
I don't know who's record that is, but it ain't Cal's.

Tiger Beat and Teen magazine your daily reading? You record Entertainment tonight?
Just a troll.
Guessing 86 may be a graduation year for you? Meaning you saw 1 title in your first what...almost 30 years of life lol. Yeah not sure where your expectations come from. Atleast be old enough to brag about the 4 titles during the Rupp days that we beat out 7 other schools for.

Evansville and Richmond at home....Cal one title while at UK
K two titles while Cal's at UK
Two titles for K is the only thing that puts him over Cal during this tenure and those 2 happened only when the best team in the field was knocked out early. Unfortunately that was us. And Evansville and Richmond were early season...Lehigh and Mercer were the freaking tournament. Go home and try again after you get a nap in.

Absolutley is Cals. His first 11 seasons here not including this anomaly of a season.
Cal's record 1st 6 years 190-38 Avg 31-6 for those years 83% winning
Cal's record last 6 years 149-55 Avg 24-9 for those years 73% winning
Cal is 78.5% winning percentage overrall in his time here to date.

These are facts not found in Tiger Beat or Teen magazine or on MTV

Guessing 86 may be a graduation year for you? Meaning you saw 1 title in your first what...almost 30 years of life lol. Yeah not sure where your expectations come from. Atleast be old enough to brag about the 4 titles during the Rupp days that we beat out 7 other schools for.
Guessing is not your thing

Two titles for K is the only thing that puts him over Cal during this tenure and those 2 happened only when the best team in the field was knocked out early. Unfortunately that was us. And Evansville and Richmond were early season...Lehigh and Mercer were the freaking tournament. Go home and try again after you get a nap in.
YOu're just proving my point. Doesn't matter when UK plays Evansville or Richmond, those are unacceptable losses. Your Cal glasses just can't see that.
Cal has nissed the tourney twice in 11 years. That is not UK's standard. That is Cal failing twice.

Cal's record 1st 6 years 190-38 Avg 31-6 for those years 83% winning
Cal's record last 6 years 149-55 Avg 24-9 for those years 73% winning
Cal is 78.5% winning percentage overrall in his time here to date.

These are facts not found in Tiger Beat or Teen magazine or on MTV
Where is your response @UPSCat4080?

Where is your response @UPSCat4080?
I've got a life away from the message board, so sorry for the delay.

Here is my response....

10 seasons plus 1 COVID shortened season (excluding this crazed season)
2 Title Games
1 Championship

Entire body of work and four/five complete seasons removed from being Runner Up and making a Final Four being 38-1. The sky isn't falling chicken little....you'll hide away next season when UK is back to normal and bide your time until another what you would consider average season, so you can bash Cal. Have a good day sir.

Reactions: gracetoyou
Guessing is not your thing
So you didn't graduate in 86? Surely you weren't born in 86 and are only 34/35 years old because you come off as more of the 50+ crowd that still remembers their childhood hearing about the 8 team tournament days of Rupp winning multiples.

YOu can deny and spin it all you want. It wasn't funny or clever. Just lazy. You picked the easiest target. It is what it is.
It wasn't the town. YOu were referencing small town mentality and that they have a lack of understanding and Low intellect.
You took a stereotype and used it. Cowardly and bigoted. I've encountered it all my life. I know it when I hear it.
And you continue it with you "hurt feelings" and "think Skinned" fans talk. It usually comes from people like you who are trying to make a name and get ahead so you pick easy targets and you cling to Cal for fear of not getting some sort of access or making a step up in your "career".
This fan base eats people like you up and spits them out.
You seem to be seeking some kind of appreciation because you are from the mountains. No one would know where you were from if you didn't continue to make it an issue. Like people on this board are racist against small town or mountain people.

I've got a life away from the message board, so sorry for the delay.

Here is my response....

10 seasons plus 1 COVID shortened season (excluding this crazed season)
2 Title Games
1 Championship

Entire body of work and four/five complete seasons removed from being Runner Up and making a Final Four being 38-1. The sky isn't falling chicken little....you'll hide away next season when UK is back to normal and bide your time until another what you would consider average season, so you can bash Cal. Have a good day sir.
So you want to act as if this season didn't happen and you're using covid to do it. Figures. You're just the folks Cal has his spell over.
Btw, UK wasn't runner up in '15. They lost their 1st game in the FF. Typical though, facts are a hinderance to danglers like you. Just stare at Cal's photo and everything will be fine.
I haven't hid from anything on this board. I'm here whatever happens. I just don't care who the coach is, as long as they put UK first and not the NBA draft and political agendas.
I got news for you. THis season counted. All of it. There is no excuse for Cal's bad job performance. You can bury your head in the sand and bark at the moon, but it counted. 9-16 happened and it was all on Cal that it did.

So you didn't graduate in 86? Surely you weren't born in 86 and are only 34/35 years old because you come off as more of the 50+ crowd that still remembers their childhood hearing about the 8 team tournament days of Rupp winning multiples.
YOu come off as someone who can't accept that they are wrong. Maybe you don't want to count UK's history and tradition. Cal loves simps like you.
Nothing happened before he got here. UK was just running in place until Cal showed up.
Keep believing the Gold standard is what Cal says it is. The standard was set up before Cal ever took his first breath.

YOu come off as someone who can't accept that they are wrong. Maybe you don't want to count UK's history and tradition. Cal loves simps like you.
Nothing happened before he got here. UK was just running in place until Cal showed up.
Keep believing the Gold standard is what Cal says it is. The standard was set up before Cal ever took his first breath.
Notice you didn't respond lol. I guess that guessing is my thing after all.

So you want to act as if this season didn't happen and you're using covid to do it. Figures. You're just the folks Cal has his spell over.
Btw, UK wasn't runner up in '15. They lost their 1st game in the FF. Typical though, facts are a hinderance to danglers like you. Just stare at Cal's photo and everything will be fine.
I haven't hid from anything on this board. I'm here whatever happens. I just don't care who the coach is, as long as they put UK first and not the NBA draft and political agendas.
I got news for you. THis season counted. All of it. There is no excuse for Cal's bad job performance. You can bury your head in the sand and bark at the moon, but it counted. 9-16 happened and it was all on Cal that it did.
Dude we were the runner up the year before the 38-1 season. That's what I was alluding to with the five seasons ago we were coming off a Final Four and Runner up season. I am all about facts...you are all about not paying close enough attention. Try again next time...

We had won 3 titles in 53 years between Rupp's last and Cals first. Thats an average of 1 title every 17+ years. Again I love the history of UK, but at the same time I laugh at those who use the term "8 titles" like all of that has been done even within the past 40 years when college basketball upped it's game all the way around. Rupp was a great coach...Rupp also won three titles when UK was one of the only schools with the ability to compete the way they did and also when there were 8 teams in the national tournament that even had a chance to win. Our "as of late" history isn't as great as some like to make it appear, but Rick Pitino and John Calipari are responsible for the greatness of UK of late for any fan not already close to retirement. Sorry you don't like hearing that, but FACTS and STATS back that up.

Dude we were the runner up the year before the 38-1 season. That's what I was alluding to with the five seasons ago we were coming off a Final Four and Runner up season. I am all about facts...you are all about not paying close enough attention. Try again next time...
'14 was 7 years ago sparky. Math is hard I know. Dooes UK get credit this year for what happened then? How long do we hold onto to those years for Cal to justify the current mess?

We had won 3 titles in 53 years between Rupp's last and Cals first. Thats an average of 1 title every 17+ years. Again I love the history of UK, but at the same time I laugh at those who use the term "8 titles" like all of that has been done even within the past 40 years when college basketball upped it's game all the way around. Rupp was a great coach...Rupp also won three titles when UK was one of the only schools with the ability to compete the way they did and also when there were 8 teams in the national tournament that even had a chance to win. Our "as of late" history isn't as great as some like to make it appear, but Rick Pitino and John Calipari are responsible for the greatness of UK of late for any fan not already close to retirement. Sorry you don't like hearing that, but FACTS and STATS back that up.
In those 53 years UK went to 12 FF's.
66, 75, 78, 84, 93, 96, 97, 98, 11, 12, 14, 15.

That's one about every 4.4 years. Nobody expects a titles every year. Only those with unreal expectations do that. No other coach at UK in 100 years had as bad a season as Cal just had. It's 6 years and counting since he last took UK to a FF.
Cal started off looking like he was going to maybe catch Rupp and pass UCLA. Now it's looking like another title is fading.
Can Cal return to being that Cal. Does he even want to? If he does, things must seriously change. Waiting to see if real changes will be amde.

'14 was 7 years ago sparky. Math is hard I know. Dooes UK get credit this year for what happened then? How long do we hold onto to those years for Cal to justify the current mess?
We have had four complete seasons after our Final Four 38-1 season. This year was anything other than a normal complete season and last year was cut short when we were looking at a 2 seed.

2014 Runner Up
2015 Final Four
2016 Round of 32
2017 Elite Eight
2018 Sweet Sixteen
2019 Elite Eight
2020 COVID Cut Short
2021 Late Start Disaster Season

Sparky is pretty good at Math, hence all of the factual statistical data I use to prove my point. You still haven't responded to the fact you said I was wrong guessing you are an 86' graduate still slurping over stories of Rupp's fantastic coaching against 8 teams when I do not believe I am.

3 titles in 53 years.....that isn't a gold standard of anything. Pitino put us back on the map and Cal did the same after the Tubby/Gillispie fiasco.

In those 53 years UK went to 12 FF's.
66, 75, 78, 84, 93, 96, 97, 98, 11, 12, 14, 15.

That's one about every 4.4 years. Nobody expects a titles every year. Only those with unreal expectations do that. No other coach at UK in 100 years had as bad a season as Cal just had. It's 6 years and counting since he last took UK to a FF.
Cal started off looking like he was going to maybe catch Rupp and pass UCLA. Now it's looking like another title is fading.
Can Cal return to being that Cal. Does he even want to? If he does, things must seriously change. Waiting to see if real changes will be amde.
Actually that is 8 FF's because the 53 years was up until Cals title and not of Cal's doing, so that drops it to a Final Four on average every 6-7 years....Cal has 4 himself in 10 years and two more Elite Eights that were pretty darn close.

Here I actually agree with you and will say you are correct. Cal had a horrible season this year, but that is my issue....why panic after this? I fully believe this season is due to Cal not having the time he usually does with these young guys in the summer because they were playing better ball in the end, but still were 2 months behind what he normally would have had with them. Yes it is 6 years since the Final Four including two seasons that were cut short or non-normal, but his entire body of work proves the guy knows what he is doing and that included UMass and Memphis. He does need to change some recruiting philosophy I believe in order for us to have consistent success, but just because he has only won one title does not mean he has been anything other than a success. I've given the stats until I'm blue in the face, but the guy has won more games regular season and in March than any other coach in the country since coming to UK. That's what you want and that's what gives you the chance to compete.

We have had four complete seasons after our Final Four 38-1 season. This year was anything other than a normal complete season and last year was cut short when we were looking at a 2 seed.

2014 Runner Up
2015 Final Four
2016 Round of 32
2017 Elite Eight
2018 Sweet Sixteen
2019 Elite Eight
2020 COVID Cut Short
2021 Late Start Disaster Season

Sparky is pretty good at Math, hence all of the factual statistical data I use to prove my point. You still haven't responded to the fact you said I was wrong guessing you are an 86' graduate still slurping over stories of Rupp's fantastic coaching against 8 teams when I do not believe I am.

3 titles in 53 years.....that isn't a gold standard of anything. Pitino put us back on the map and Cal did the same after the Tubby/Gillispie fiasco.
I told you how wrong you were. You just can't accept it. Just like you cant accept that accept it's 6 years and counting since Cal haf UK to a FF. You think season is excused because of covid. You're all Cal.
Rupp made the map Cal is trying to follow. Weak minded people like you tjink Cal is the be all end all. UK is who I'm a fan of, you're a dangler of Cal.

Actually that is 8 FF's because the 53 years was up until Cals title and not of Cal's doing, so that drops it to a Final Four on average every 6-7 years....Cal has 4 himself in 10 years and two more Elite Eights that were pretty darn close.

Here I actually agree with you and will say you are correct. Cal had a horrible season this year, but that is my issue....why panic after this? I fully believe this season is due to Cal not having the time he usually does with these young guys in the summer because they were playing better ball in the end, but still were 2 months behind what he normally would have had with them. Yes it is 6 years since the Final Four including two seasons that were cut short or non-normal, but his entire body of work proves the guy knows what he is doing and that included UMass and Memphis. He does need to change some recruiting philosophy I believe in order for us to have consistent success, but just because he has only won one title does not mean he has been anything other than a success. I've given the stats until I'm blue in the face, but the guy has won more games regular season and in March than any other coach in the country since coming to UK. That's what you want and that's what gives you the chance to compete.
You can pretend Cal only has 10 seasons if you want. Only makes you look weaker.
He's missed the tourney twice in the last 8 years.
One was a bad year, this one was a complete disaster of hiw own making

Compare any program to Cal's 5 seasons & you're not going to find any program or coach with that success.

2010: Elite 8
2011: Final 4
2012: final 4, National Champs
2013: NIT
2014: Final 4, National runner-up
2015: final 4

**I mean...come on! To expect that kind of run continuously is unrealistic.

2016: 2nd round
2017: Elite 8 (one shot shy)
2018: Sweet 16
2019: Elite 8 (one shot shy)
2020: Tourney canceled, projected 2 seed, won SEC by 3 games

**Yea, that's awful...lol. Schools would love even that.

You're just an emotional overreacting UK fan & it's blinding you to what you're saying. You're seeing what you want to see.
Saint peters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT