Resume B (5 seasons)
149-59 record
2 Elite Eights
2 Outright SEC Titles (3 Overall)
9-4 NCAA Tournament Record
2 SEC Tournament Titles

Resume A: Tubby Smith’s Last 5 Years at Kentucky
Resume B: John Calipari’s Last 5 Years at Kentucky

I mean you have to be pretty thin skinned to have your feelings hurt by a frustrated basketball coach. Imagine if social media was around during the Pitino years, that man got down right rude with fans on his weekly call in show but that’s what makes great coaches great, the arrogance and I love it.
I never liked TJ covering recruiting but his show is pretty entertaining and Nick usually has some stuff on the football side of things.

I mean you have to be pretty thin skinned to have your feelings hurt by a frustrated basketball coach. Imagine if social media was around during the Pitino years, that man got down right rude with fans on his weekly call in show but that’s what makes great coaches great, the arrogance and I love it.
I never liked TJ covering recruiting but his show is pretty entertaining and Nick usually has some stuff on the football side of things.
Pitino was winning and winning big so people were fine with it. Same thing with cal when he was hanging banners from 09-15. When you aren’t winning and are still being arrogant you get called out.

2010-15
190-38 for 83.3%
#1 seeds: 3
NCAAT: 21-4 for 84%
Elite 8: 5
Final 4: 4
Title games: 2
Titles: 1
Vs AP Top 25: 41-14 for 74.5%
vs Top Rivals: 38-11 for 77.6%

2016-21:
146-56 for 72.8%
#1 seeds: 0
NCAAT: 9-4 for 69.2%
Elite 8: 2
Final 4: 0
Vs AP top 25: 23-23 for 50%
vs Top Rivals: 23-25

73% winning to 83% before 2016
23-23 Vs AP ranked teams to 41-14 before 2016
Losing records versus top rivals, KU, Tennessee, UCLA, etc
1-4 versus Power 5 programs in the NCAAT

Resume A (5 seasons)
131-40 record
2 Elite Eights
2 Outright SEC Titles
9-5 NCAA Tournament Record
2 SEC Tournament Titles

Resume B (5 seasons)
149-59 record
2 Elite Eights
2 Outright SEC Titles (3 Overall)
9-4 NCAA Tournament Record
2 SEC Tournament Titles

Resume A: Tubby Smith’s Last 5 Years at Kentucky
Resume B: John Calipari’s Last 5 Years at Kentucky

Compare any program to Cal's 5 seasons & you're not going to find any program or coach with that success.

2010: Elite 8
2011: Final 4
2012: final 4, National Champs
2013: NIT
2014: Final 4, National runner-up
2015: final 4

**I mean...come on! To expect that kind of run continuously is unrealistic.

2016: 2nd round
2017: Elite 8 (one shot shy)
2018: Sweet 16
2019: Elite 8 (one shot shy)
2020: Tourney canceled, projected 2 seed, won SEC by 3 games

**Yea, that's awful...lol. Schools would love even that.

You're just an emotional overreacting UK fan & it's blinding you to what you're saying. You're seeing what you want to see.

Compare any program to Cal's 5 seasons & you're not going to find any program or coach with that success.

**I mean...come on! To expect that kind of rin continuously is unrealistic.

You're just an emotional overreacting UK fan & it's blinding you to what you're saying. You're seeing what you want to see.

“other schools” aren’t kentucky.
Is 23-23 VS ap top 25 opponents acceptable to you?
is one win against a power 5 conference team in the tourney acceptable to you?
is no final four in 7 years ok with you?
The facts are in your face. You choose the way you want to accept them.

Pitino was winning and winning big so people were fine with it. Same thing with cal when he was hanging banners from 09-15. When you aren’t winning and are still being arrogant you get called out.

You're wrong!! Pitino was heavily criticized & UK fans began saying he was a motivator but not a coach because he could not win the big games.

Most thought 93 team should've won it & Rick did not have them ready for Michigan game.

94 was a very disappointing season.

95 team could've won it but play awfylul in Elite 8 against UNC & chatter got much louder.

96 finally stopped that talk.

Amazing how people have amnesia about these things.

no one’s feelings are hurt.
We’re all annoyed that the coach is going 9-16 and making snide comments towards the fans.

You can be a jerk that excels. You can be a nice guy that sucks. But if you’re a jerk that sucks, you’ll get called out.

Ok. Compare UK...lol. By UK standards it's good. Only 96-98 rival it.

You're wrong!! Pitino was heavily criticized & UK fans began saying he was a motivator but not a coach because he could not win the big games.

Most thought 93 team should've won it & Rick did not have them ready for Michigan game.

94 was a very disappointing season.

95 team could've won it but play awfylul in Elite 8 against UNC & chatter got much louder.

96 finally stopped that talk.

Amazing how people have amnesia about these things.
Pitino got UK to 3 straight title games with teams he built 2 of which he coached himself. Then, Tubby took a team Rick built and won a title with them. Let me know when Cal does that.

Yeah, let's speak about all of those so-called ignorant hillbillys from the hollers, they're all idiots anyways. What a stupid post, I just put OP on ignore.

What a mature man you are. Truth hurt your feelings?

Pitino got UK to 3 straight title games with teams he built 2 of which he coached himself. Then, Tubby took a team Rick built and won a title with them. Let me know when Cal does that.

Rick got 2 teams. You cannot credit Rick for 98. They were a year removed from Pitino system.

Let me know when Rick went to 4 final 4's in 5 years?

3f2.jpeg

Reactions: Wildcats301
Fact is also that none of those reg season games matter

Rick got 2 teams. You cannot credit Rick for 98. They were a year removed from Pitino system.

Let me know when Rick went to 4 final 4's in 5 years?
4 final fours in 5 years with only title. including, choking with the most talented team we will ever see to a bunch unranked players from wisconsin and not continuing to play zone against a Uconn team that got pummeled by a team that UK beat twice using it.

1949-1951
3 titles and 3 final fours.

Dude!! Different era there was hardly any parity in college basketball. Same with Wooden era. Those days will never occur again in today's college basketball era.

Men's basketball used to be what the woman's is now...basically the same 5 Scholls or say that dominate year end & year out. Those days are over.

For that reason, I'd argue with today's parity the 2010-2015 run might be one of the best & maybe not repeated for a long, long time in today's game.

There has only been 5 tourneys since last final 4 in 2015. In 2 of those we were a shot shy of 2 more. What's wrong with you people?

Dude!! Different era there was hardly any parity in college basketball. Same with Wooden era. Those days will never occur again in today's college basketball era.

Men's basketball used to be what the woman's is now...basically the same 5 Scholls or say that dominate year end & year out. Those days are over.

For that reason, I'd argue with today's parity the 2010-2015 run might be one of the best & maybe not repeated for a long, long time in today's game.
great run. nobody is expecting cal to go to 4 final fours and 2 title games in 5 years. We are expecting a better record than 23-23 vs ap top 25 programs and 1-4 vs power 5 teams in the ncaa tourney.

4 final fours in 5 years with only title. including, choking with the most talented team we will ever see to a bunch unranked players from wisconsin and not continuing to play zone against a Uconn team that got pummeled by a team that UK beat twice using it.

4 final 4's....with zero titles is impressive. We've only won 8 in 100+ years. You realize they're rare right?

Reactions: Wildcats301
4 final 4's....with zero totals is impressive. We've only won 8 in 100+ years. You realize they're rare right?
What are you trying to argue? nobody here is expecting that repeat of success.
It’s not unreasonable to expect more than one title with some of the most talented UK teams ever. Including a 38-0 team.

“what’s wrong with you people?”

Ironic that you are taking about being thin skinned and offended too easily.

The fact that the above statement of yours is what you believe the Cal critics think shows how absurd and out of touch you are man. Seriously- it’s like dozens of people on here can and do give the Cal defense regime spot on actual facts, analysis, numbers and concise criticisms and you just refuse to accept any of it and chalk it up to them being “fanatic” or “the minority” or “unhinged”.
That’s called gaslighting and it’s a super obnoxious personality fault. It really is.

Always evading and always either trying to make it personal or laughing/ agreeing with those who do make it personal. Grow up man. For real.

**I mean...come on! To expect that kind of run continuously is unrealistic.

Who said anyone expects four final 4's in 5 years? Nobody is expecting that, but 2 total E8's, a historically bad season, constant losses in Rupp, and in 6 years, UK has beaten 1 Power 5 team in the NCAAT.

The first 5 years was incredible, but it's never going to happen again, the players are just not available anymore.

But can anyone deny that the records Cal has amassed the last 6 years will continue? I think what we have seen the last 6 years is the real Calipari, especially if he's going to prioritize the NBA draft. He's not good enough to satisfy his NBA draft boner AND win titles. He can't have both, but he refuses to believe that.

What are you trying to argue? nobody here is expecting that repeat of success.
It’s not unreasonable to expect more than one title with some of the most talented UK teams ever. Including a 38-0 team.

“what’s wrong with you people?”

I disagree. Coach K had 2 teams with greater talent than any of Cal's teams & never made a final 4 with them.

Is it really any different than a multi-millionaire basketball coach who has thin skin regarding people not praising him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT