ADVERTISEMENT

The Sacramento Kings reaching out to Cal.

Cal turned them down. Rumor is that Pitino is interested a and the Kings are interested in him.

It would be a perfect time for him to bolt actually. He managed to get a couple good recruits, and a couple of nice transfers so the cupboard won't be bare, he's facing another crushing loss to Cal, and he's still basically loved by the fanbase.

John Calipari

John Calipari

Less than an hour after Yahoo Sports reported mutual interest between John Calipari and the Sacramento Kings for a coaching and front-office job, the UK head coach responded.

“For the 100th time, I have the best basketball coaching position in the world,” Calipari said. “I am not looking for any other coaching position. Since he bought the team, (Kings owner) Vivek Ranadive and I have talked on and off about DeMarcus Cousins. Vivek has asked me what I thought about DeMarcus and I told him he would be an all-star, and I was right. In the last two weeks, we’ve also talked a bunch about the draft and on draft day, obviously because of Willie Cauley-Stein. At no time has Vivek offered me a job. I will be at Kentucky.”

Calipari landed a commitment from five-star guard Jamal Murray last week, and 247Sports now ranks UK’s recruiting class of 2015 as the best in the country. The Wildcats are once again expected to contend for an NCAA title this seaso

The NBA. Lol. Dumbest league in the history of sports. How anyone can defend that putrid league anymore I just SMDH. the only reason players what in so bad is the business aspect, it sure ain't the sport.

Cal would be a fool to go to the "10 second Tom" league. It's all entertainment now. It's crap.anythjng he would win there would be meaningless. Who won this year again? A California team not the lakers?

Next.

Wow.... this has me absolutely speechless. The NBA is so far and away superior to college basketball, it's honestly sad. It's not even remotely close.

College basketball absolutely blows now that every single freshman with a pulse leaves after 1 year. How big of a joke has this sport turned into? A huge one. The NBA takes a giant shit on college hoops and that ain't changing any time soon.

Wow.... this has me absolutely speechless. The NBA is so far and away superior to college basketball, it's honestly sad. It's not even remotely close.

College basketball absolutely blows now that every single freshman with a pulse leaves after 1 year. How big of a joke has this sport turned into? A huge one. The NBA takes a giant shit on college hoops and that ain't changing any time soon.

Most people in America generally don't care about basketball in general. Everyone has a 3 second attention span and anything besides the NFL is something to do in the off time. 16 GAME SEASON AND A GRILL ON SUNDAYS YYEEAA!! Billy Bob can keep up.

Go out anywhere you are today and start asking around about anything NBA related. You will get a ghost look from most of everyone. hell lots people who follow it don't follow it real close. That's been my experience anyway. Take a poll. Do you enjoy the NBA product today? I would bet dollars to donuts you're going to get majority negative.

Someone who doesn't think the NBA is as good now as it was is a shocker to you? You must be shocked an awful lot.

Cracks me up when people act like just because the NBA has elite athletes, it then follows that if you enjoy college basketball more, you must be some kind of idiot. Plenty of people love college football and don't like pro football. Preferences do not have to be determined by who has the best athletes.

Cracks me up when people act like just because the NBA has elite athletes, it then follows that if you enjoy college basketball more, you must be some kind of idiot. Plenty of people love college football and don't like pro football. Preferences do not have to be determined by who has the best athletes.

Amen brother! I have almost no use for NBA basketball. I do watch games in the playoffs. I also try to catch some games with former KY players. Davis is just a treat to watch. I LOVE college basketball. I try to catch portions of as many as I can during the season. Except for KY, its rare I get to watch a whole game. However, I will watch parts of well north of a 100 games before the season ends. This is why I was more concerned over Duke, ND, Virginia and Wisconsin than other teams in the tourney, save Duke, all those teams were solid defenders. Duke passed quite well as they always do, though saying that makes me sick. ND and Wisconsin were fundamentally sound and solid offensive teams. Wisconsin's defense played better against us than any other game where I saw them this season.

NO

Everyone knew Lebron was going back. And I am 100% sure... Even if the public didn't know... Cal and the owners did.

Bullshit. This post is complete revisionist history. NOBODY knew then, including Lebron who wouldn't make his decision until about three months later. At that time conventional wisdom was that he'd probably be back with the Heat.

Calipari implications ignored for just a second, I'm laughing my ass off at the Kings organization and even more so at that pathetic, tired act of a head coach, George Karl. What a lonely feeling it must be for Karl to know that his new employer is already shopping around for other options. I said two weeks ago Cousins should be traded because George Karl would never again coach another respectable run in the post season, but now I'm starting to see how stupid I was for typing those words. Cousins may as well stay right where he's at because George Karl may never coach another game in the NBA anyway.

As for whether Cal would consider something like the Kings and coaching former players? Cousins would be that player. He would be if I was Cal and that goes for Davis and anybody else he's ever put in the league. And while the Kings might not be that organization they might very well be able to create the conditions to present that challenge - that challenge, as necessary to entice the one man suspected of being able to get the most out of the one player that everybody knows should be the best player in the NBA - Demarcus Cousins.

John Calipari may very well leave the UK program one day, and he might even do it for an NBA franchise. I say it never happens. But if it does, it won't be for a major franchise like the Celtics or the Knicks or the Lakers or wherever else you can name. It will be for a medium or small market franchise that hasn't been in the playoffs where the only way to go is up and the probability that they will is very, very high. Who knows? Maybe the potential franchise in the weeks before can create some sore of coaching position controversy / trauma to give the appearance of urgent need.

Bullshit. This post is complete revisionist history. NOBODY knew then, and, in fact, at that time conventional wisdom was that he'd probably be back with the Heat.

Lol sorry bro. You are wrong. Cal knew as well as the front office in Cleveland. Thinking otherwise is naive.

Bullshit. This post is complete revisionist history. NOBODY knew then, including Lebron who wouldn't make his decision until about three months later. At that time conventional wisdom was that he'd probably be back with the Heat.
I thought Izzo talked to lebron and still decided not to go. Jk

Lol sorry bro. You are wrong. Cal knew as well as the front office in Cleveland. Thinking otherwise is naive.

You're flinging complete revisionist bullshit, and you know it. Not a shred of any evidence whatsoever to support what you're claiming.

Fort the record, the Cal offer occurred in April when Lebron still had a couple months left in his playing season and at that time appeared to be on his way to a third straight championship in Miami. Nobody associated with the Cavs was even allowed to talk to him then, indeed nobody was allowed to talk to him until free agency officially began in in July nearly three months later. NOBODY knew back in April where he was going (not even Lebron himself), but at that time the conventional wisdom was that he'd be probably be back in Miami.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyDevito
I think what is so funny is that when fans say that it bothers them that Coach Cal is talking to the Kings when we all know that Coach Cal has 25-30 former players in the NBA. He probably has at least one player on each NBA team that he coached at Kentucky, Memphis, or UMASS. Coach Cal probably has calls each day with either ownership, GM's, or Coaches discussing about a players development or advice on each player. To also say that if he knew Lebron James was heading back to the Cleveland he would have taken the job is that we all knew Lebron James was probably heading home to Cleveland to play for the Cavs. With Coach Cal and Lebron James being good friends all Coach Cal had to do is pick up his cell and call Lebron and ask his intentions on if he was returning to the Cleveland Cavs. We all knew early that Lebron James was most likely heading back HOME to Cleveland, Ohio to play for the Cavs this year. It is a joke on how many times Coach Cal has to get on the internet and say HE has the BEST JOB in the COUNTRY and is not leaving Kentucky. I believe he really does love Kentucky, the school, players, fans, and the rich tradition that is here at Kentucky.

at the Hartland Krogers about an hour or so ago. Sportin' a black brand new Ford, I assume Paul Miller gave to him. I tried to get a read on him.... if he was stressed, like he just lost or was close to losing his premier coach. Or just calm as usual like he never even heard of any such rumors. I must say he was dressed just like I was, surprisingly, a t-shirt, shorts, running shoes, etc... I was there for dog food, maybe he forgot to get a bag of Purina after work and got sent back out, such as I. What was Mitch up to? I wanted to ask him as we passed each other in the parking lot, "What's up with Kings rumors?" But I held my tongue, mainly b/c I had a large bag of dogfood over my shoulder. Needless to say I never got that "read" I was looking for on old Mitch, so really I got nothin' on the whole Cal/Kings rumor. Except that Mitch's hair was tight, even in gym clothes.

I don't know how anyone could argue that the quality of the NBA doesn't blow college out of the water. If it wasn't for being a fan of Kentucky, I would only watch the tournament, and follow guys who were high level NBA prospects.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave, but it would have to be the right situation. He isn't leaving for Sacramento.

at the Hartland Krogers about an hour or so ago. Sportin' a black brand new Ford, I assume Paul Miller gave to him. I tried to get a read on him.... if he was stressed, like he just lost or was close to losing his premier coach. Or just calm as usual like he never even heard of any such rumors. I must say he was dressed just like I was, surprisingly, a t-shirt, shorts, running shoes, etc... I was there for dog food, maybe he forgot to get a bag of Purina after work and got sent back out, such as I. What was Mitch up to? I wanted to ask him as we passed each other in the parking lot, "What's up with Kings rumors?" But I held my tongue, mainly b/c I had a large bag of dogfood over my shoulder. Needless to say I never got that "read" I was looking for on old Mitch, so really I got nothin' on the whole Cal/Kings rumor. Except that Mitch's hair was tight, even in gym clothes.
He is running a 200 Million revenue operation with UK wide implications. Just received the AD of the Year award from his peers. Do you really think you could tell his stress level in Krogers? lol...:joy:[roll]

You're flinging complete revisionist bullshit, and you know it. Not a shred of any evidence whatsoever to support what you're claiming.

Fort the record, the Cal offer occurred in April when Lebron still had a couple months left in his playing season and at that time appeared to be on his way to a third straight championship in Miami. Nobody associated with the Cavs was even allowed to talk to him then, indeed nobody was allowed to talk to him until free agency officially began in in July nearly three months later. NOBODY knew back in April where he was going (not even Lebron himself), but at that time the conventional wisdom was that he'd be probably be back in Miami.

For the record, you are wrong. The Cavs offer came in late May/Early June.

Do some research and calm down.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

They knew. This is fact ok? , not speculation. Again.., thinking otherwise is naive.

No reason to curse. Simmer down bro

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT