ADVERTISEMENT

JQ update

Since the coaching job is a state job don’t they have to post the job for 10 days before they can hire somebody?

I Cant College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

• Haha
Reactions: catben
I seen it as a good sign when Boogie said UK fans had the right to be pissed after the Oakland loss.
The smart move would be to come to UK and stay away from playing with DJ.
Fland will be the player schools will try to flip the hardest.
I'd say Cal will have his work cut out to land him in Fayetteville.
Knox I'd say would be a toss up.
He has already stated he has to know what the roster is going to look like.
Bottom line Cal is not keeping this class and Arkansas' good players( Battle,Marks, Davis, Brazille all together.
It would actually be a smart move by all the recruits to hold out on automatically following Cal, they can demand a sizable NIL check to recommit with Cal.

Arkansas is open air boasting their Tyson chicken money NIL strategy right now. The players would be foolish to just join Arkansas for free. Every single one of them should pretend to be interested in UK.

The good thing is, if Arkansas is writing big checks to freshman, that’s less money to play with in the transfer portal.

This is the type of break needed to hit the ground running next year.

It also makes the job for potential coaches *that* much more enticing. Getting a stud that has to stay for 2 years that they don’t have to recruit.

Would be a pretty nice cherry on top of our offer package to a coach if JQ is wanting to stay.

Get paid top dollar in college
elite tradition / resources / support / exposure
have a fan base that is more than ready to fully hop on your bandwagon

and oh yeah a potential #1 pick is already here and is staying for 2 years

Reactions: University-6
Per Pilgrim

Sources tell KSR that 5-star signee Jayden Quaintance would like to STAY at Kentucky and is not currently planning to follow John Calipari to Arkansas.

Quaintance and his family would like to speak with Mitch Barnhart regarding his vision for the coaching search and the incoming freshman's path under the new administration. The first priority is Kentucky before worrying about other potential.

Do not currently envision the top-five prospect to end up in Fayetteville.
This is GREAT news ! It's great not only because it seems likely that JQ will become a U.K. Wildcat. It's also super great news because it's a slap in the fact to CCC ! ! !
I'm going to enjoy this post for the rest of the day, and for several coming days ! !

As much as I know we need to move on from only freshman, I'd love to stick it to cal and keep this incoming group just so he has absolutely nothing. Even better since those terms that came out included all his incoming class as if it was all a done deal already.

Reactions: RunninRichie
A lot of folks soured on freshmen under Cal and with good reason, but this guy is a special talent. Hope he comes and stays!
FR can contribute, and in some cases be a very important piece. But they shouldn't be THE FOCAL POINT at all times.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
JQ, Fland and Perry staying and Big Z and Shep back would be great. Maybe Theiro comes back now. Also like Richmond. McNeely for good measure.
That will not surprise me if that happens. In fact I predicted much of that this morning, when everyone was saying we will have 0 players or only Perry.

As much as I know we need to move on from only freshman, I'd love to stick it to cal and keep this incoming group just so he has absolutely nothing. Even better since those terms that came out included all his incoming class as if it was all a done deal already.
So you would swallow the poison pill?

Won’t surprise me if Richmond ends up at Memphis. Just a week after he committed here there were strong rumors that he already regretted it and was thinking about flipping to Memphis.

I’d be absolutely over the moon if JQ stays here but like already said, his dad said after the Oakland loss “we’re riding with Cal til the wheels fall off.” I’ll believe it when I see it. The thought of him being coached by a real coach has me excited though.

Idk if this is true but at the end of the day this Kentucky and if I was Fland or JQ I’m not going to Arkansas dude lmao like come on. As long as they hire a good coach I’d stay.

Won’t surprise me if Richmond ends up at Memphis. Just a week after he committed here there were strong rumors that he already regretted it and was thinking about flipping to Memphis.

I’d be absolutely over the moon if JQ stays here but like already said, his dad said after the Oakland loss “we’re riding with Cal til the wheels fall off.” I’ll believe it when I see it. The thought of him being coached by a real coach has me excited though.
don't know if Billy got cold feet because of Cal or not.... maybe he feels better about UK now...

I’d love to know what Arkansas fans are saying but all their boards are premium. There’s a new thread on Quaintance that already has 2 pages. I’m assuming they have seen the report of JQ not going to Ark. JQ was the one they were so excited about last night.

Well, minus the whole transfer portal thing ... I don't expect anyone to stay more than one year, anywhere, these days.
Plenty of other schools can keep players around more than a year so I differ with you here. Hell just look at Tennessee and not just Fulky over the years or Vescovi but that Zeigler kid for one. Bacot at UNC. Self keeps his guys. Quaintance is only 16, not old enough for the league so the point still remains he would not get to the NBA for at least 2 years.

Last edited:
So you would swallow the poison pill?
This year absolutely.
No one is building a championship roster from this years portal class.
Nowhere near as good as last years.
Plus you have to make a statement, you don't just yet your former coach take the entire recruiting class to a conference rival without a fight

Easy guys. Posting this information can only hurt because we didn’t pay for it. As I’ve been told on other sites today.

The elitist Cal clowns need to get lost.

Hopefully a few more with do the same and piss off Calipari. :)
I don't care if he gets pissed ... I just want to beat the hell out of Arkansas and see that stunned "deer in the headlights" moment from Cal knowing everything Cal will say to the Arky press afterward ... oh wait, he skips those. Thank God and Good Riddance.

Reactions: westerncat
JQ was also considering Missouri, so out of the 3 staying at Kentucky over them and Arkansas would be a no brainer.

It would actually be a smart move by all the recruits to hold out on automatically following Cal, they can demand a sizable NIL check to recommit with Cal.

Arkansas is open air boasting their Tyson chicken money NIL strategy right now. The players would be foolish to just join Arkansas for free. Every single one of them should pretend to be interested in UK.

The good thing is, if Arkansas is writing big checks to freshman, that’s less money to play with in the transfer portal.

And where was all this Tyson chicken money the last few years?

This is silly to think that NOW is when Arkansas is going to play into NIL, when they didn't seem to do jack squat with it with Musselman.

Reactions: true blue1
I won’t get my hopes up but at least he didn’t flat out decommit. This would be a huge recruit for the new coach to recruit around .

AND, it could help draw in some coaches. Honestly, not a lot of other coaches can get a lot of this top talent like Cal can... so the coach coming in could stand to get a top10 recruit and for TWO years. That has to perk up some ears.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
AND, it could help draw in some coaches. Honestly, not a lot of other coaches can get a lot of this top talent like Cal can... so the coach coming in could stand to get a top10 recruit and for TWO years. That has to perk up some ears.
Agreed . Just up to Mitch to not let us down with whoever he hires

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT