ADVERTISEMENT

So when is the day of reckoning for Carolina?

Douchebags hanging helms banners to try to make themselves feel better about their duke envy. :joy:

You got me thinking. If you discount the fake championships (Helms) and the championships where they where they lacked the proper credentials to participate in the NCAA, do they actually have any left?

Reactions: IdaCat
How do you get a UK grad off your front porch? Pay him for the pizza.

Unfortunately, this won't work in your case. The solution presumes you can count change. As you likely never went to class, the place you attended has no ethics and we know you can't spell, why should we presume you can count change?

Any one single post by a UNC fan in this thread would be an immediate ban if a UK fan did it on the UNC board. Yet they get to go on and on and on here. I wish they would let me have one thread over there to have at them in without editing or banning and that would tell the tale.

Entrance Difficulty

UNC:
Very Difficult: More than 50% of freshmen were in the top 10% of their high school class and scored over 1230 on the SAT I or over 26 on the ACT; about 60% or fewer of all applicants accepted.
http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg02_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1600

Being able to take imaginary classes, I bet it is hard to get into those classes unless you are a football or basketball player. I understand why you are upset, if my degree was based on nothing I would be upset too.

Acquitted..

courtroom_by_manoluv-d859gaa.jpg

The day after Mark Emmert kicks the bucket, Carolina will be punished.

Everyone know that UNC has been cheating for over 20 years but the real question is will Mark Emmert & NCAA do the right thing. This is worst cheating in history in the NCAA.

My guess is the day after hell freezes over.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
hey KWilt....we don't want hell to freeze over...it would only give the athletes another excuse to not go to class!

US News National Universities Rankings:
#30 - University of North Carolina
#129 - University of Kentucky
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+12

Forbes Amerca's Top Colleges:
#50 - University of North Carolina
#336 - University of Kentucky
Http://www.forbes.com/top-collleges/list/

If you're trying to ascertain which universities actually produce academic results for students, using US News and World Report is a horrible place to start. For years, writers and education experts have been openly critical of US News' annual survey of the "top" colleges because their ranking system is a complete fraud. Their grading metric for schools changes every year, so you really can't tell if a school "improved" or not over the course of the year. Some of the things they measure (diversity, male/female ratio, "peer assessment", etc.) have nothing, nothing to do with the actual quality of education. Furthermore, results based statistics--like how much kids actually learn, how many get good jobs after graduation--are completely omitted. In fact, you could make a case that US News' rankings are little more than a beauty contest, where schools intentionally warp their numbers to fit the pre-established criteria of these magazines. Some schools have even lied to magazines about their numbers to get more free publicity. And, of course, we know that UNC would never lie about academics in order to win a competition.

Why do you think there's such a huge discrepancy between one magazine's rankings and another's? Because they're all basing their results on qualifiers that are completely inconsistent and often unreliable.

I've been teaching HS kids for 15 years now and I have found one truth regarding kids choosing colleges: that there is no one "best" college for every kid. Ultimately, it comes down to what the kid wants to major in, how far he wants to be from home, how much money he has lined up, and what campus environment fits his personality. Trying to use these list to justify that one college is better or worse to another reeks of the kind of desperation a homer feels when he knows the hammer is ready to fall.

US News & World Report is Garbage

Forbes is Garbage Too

I bet the cheats fudge the numbers they send to US News and Forbes.

If you're trying to ascertain which universities actually produce academic results for students, using US News and World Report is a horrible place to start. For years, writers and education experts have been openly critical of US News' annual survey of the "top" colleges because their ranking system is a complete fraud. Their grading metric for schools changes every year, so you really can't tell if a school "improved" or not over the course of the year. Some of the things they measure (diversity, male/female ratio, "peer assessment", etc.) have nothing, nothing to do with the actual quality of education. Furthermore, results based statistics--like how much kids actually learn, how many get good jobs after graduation--are completely omitted. In fact, you could make a case that US News' rankings are little more than a beauty contest, where schools intentionally warp their numbers to fit the pre-established criteria of these magazines. Some schools have even lied to magazines about their numbers to get more free publicity. And, of course, we know that UNC would never lie about academics in order to win a competition.

Why do you think there's such a huge discrepancy between one magazine's rankings and another's? Because they're all basing their results on qualifiers that are completely inconsistent and often unreliable.

I've been teaching HS kids for 15 years now and I have found one truth regarding kids choosing colleges: that there is no one "best" college for every kid. Ultimately, it comes down to what the kid wants to major in, how far he wants to be from home, how much money he has lined up, and what campus environment fits his personality. Trying to use these list to justify that one college is better or worse to another reeks of the kind of desperation a homer feels when he knows the hammer is ready to fall.

US News & World Report is Garbage

Forbes is Garbage Too

Please post more! That post was EXCELLENT and right on the money!

BTW, a good example of exactly what you are talking about is the difference between Penn State and Indiana University of PA. My friend earned a geology degree from IUP. He told me that his degree was more valuable to work in the field (which he does). If he wanted to be in research and/or teaching on the college level, PSU was the better place to go.

BlueRattle just killed it. RIP random chest thumping hole fan.

This is the reason that going to another team's board to trash talk is such a bad idea. All that the UNC fan did was expose UNC even more than they had been exposed before. That is why I hope they don't ban this guy. He isn't doing UNC any favors!

Given what we know now about UNC , is there any doubt as to how Wheaties credited them with more titles than they had ? There was the suggestion by a UNC fan that Wheaties had simply made a researching error [winking], clearly this was just more dishonest propaganda from UNC .

Last edited:
Reactions: jarms24
Where are my manners?

Congrats, UK, on winning the national championship this year. 40-0. How impressive!

That the best you have? Failed at life again.

Let's see. We know you can't spell. Clearly you can't read, as you utterly failed to get the results right. Also, you are less proficient that a two year old at counting because even they know the difference between 0 and 1.

I thought you were just ignorant due to your substandard education. Now I know what happens when an utter moron attends a substandard institution. Just another example of crap in >> crap out.

Where are my manners?

Congrats, UK, on winning the national championship this year. 40-0. How impressive!
UNC fans don't have manners. That's why you're getting bent over these days. I mean, your coach tossed a Presbyterian fan just for cheering for his team. Karma, man.

Oh, and it felt good spanking that ass on the way to a final four.

Reactions: bigbuf and .S&C.
Do you guys think your football team will win more than three games this season? Will they manage to eek out a single SEC victory? Keep in mind, the game against Vandy will be played in Nashville.

Our football team plays in a real conference, and would absolutely beat the shit out of your football team. But hey, move the uprights some more since you're falling miserably ITT.

Do you guys think your football team will win more than three games this season? Will they manage to eek out a single SEC victory? Keep in mind, the game against Vandy will be played in Nashville.

MODS: Pleeeease do not ban this tool. He is awesome, in his own way. He's like a walking billboard for everything we know to be true about UNC Fans:

1) Wanders around on other teams' boards, looking to feed his inferiority complex.
2) Starts a fight that he can't win with data that's been proven false.
3) Gets his clock cleaned by posters who know more than he does about his own school's problems.
4) Lingers around after the beating to be beat on some more.

Heels Noir, the gift that keeps on giving.

I take this as an acknowledgement that the cheating NC basketball team may be ineligible soon.

Naw, that would suggest this asshat has learned to read. We KNOW that is not the North Carolina way.

MODS: Pleeeease do not ban this tool. He is awesome, in his own way. He's like a walking billboard for everything we know to be true about UNC Fans:

1) Wanders around on other teams' boards, looking to feed his inferiority complex.
2) Starts a fight that he can't win with data that's been proven false.
3) Gets his clock cleaned by posters who know more than he does about his own school's problems.
4) Lingers around after the beating to be beat on some more.

Heels Noir, the gift that keeps on giving.

Heels Noir must be a bobby/Bradley clone.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT