ADVERTISEMENT

So when is the day of reckoning for Carolina?

TankedCat

All-American
Nov 8, 2006
Can't remember the exact details but didn't they have 90 days to rebut the NOA and then the NCAA would rule?
Just wondering what day to circle on my calendar

The deadline for their response to the NOA is August 18th. I doubt UNC makes the response public unless they are required to, but some of the details will probably get leaked.

Does it really matter? The NCAA and UNC are like a parent who threatens to discipline a child who is acting up but never does it. Not only does the parent look like an idiot but the kid turns out to be a serial killer who murders the parent in their sleep. Be very afraid NCAA you are creating this monster.

It has already happened. Their university is charged with the disgrace of Lack of Institutional Control and a host of other offenses by the NCAA. The Southern Association of Independent Schools has placed them on probation, a humiliation usually reserved for the likes of the Atlanta Art and Design Academy. No other once-reputable institution is on SAIS probation. There has been a reckoning, and UNC-CHeats has been deemed to be a pariah. The consequences are yet to unfold, but the judgment has been rendered.

that's like chinese food - its leave you empty after about an hour.

I want to see anguish in the eyes of Carolina basketball fans

The deadline for their response to the NOA is August 18th. I doubt UNC makes the response public unless they are required to, but some of the details will probably get leaked.

This is correct. UNC responds in August. They meet with NCAA in Feb. NCAA rules after season is over. UNC will drag this out to protect their title hopes.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
I heard that they may have at least one player jump ship this summer because of the impending penalties they are going to receive.

What day of reckoning? UNCheat will likely get nothing of consequence in regards to punishment. The men's basketball team will likely go unpunished. Pathetic, but I am not getting my hopes up for the NCAA to do anything.

Common sense tells me the NCAA has to do something, but I doubt they touch the mens basketball team and that is what all the UNC pr has been about. UNC has shown it is willing to risk all academic integrity to protect a basketball program. That is enough to convince anyone, not a UNC fan, what they are all about.

Was doing some quick reading on the Duke board about it and it sounds like their women's sports were going to be impacted more than the men's. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but they were starting to start a grass-roots campaign to make it a gender thing so it would get more attention from the likes of ESPN.

Also a lot of hiding behind FERPA, though the Duke board pointed out than in the 40 or so years of its existence, no violation has ever occurred. With that said, UNC hasn't stopped from hiding behind it.

I hate to disagree, but I do believe the men's hoops program will take a hit. I think at least one year no post season, lose a couple scholarships, and forfeit some wins. They won't do what they should and put a show cause on Roy and Bubba. They are the most 2 responsible for not taking any responsiblity. There's your lack of institutional control. When those 2 words pop up there are ALWAYS penalties. Syracuse at least self-imposed some penalties. UNC will get hit and their recruiting will suffer for 2 or 3 years. Well, that's my prediction, anyway.

As long as it isnt us i dont care

All things considered, that's the most pragmatic post in this thread.

With the scandals and punishment UK and its fans have endured through the years, some of you sound like murderers serving life sentences and hoping some upstanding traffic violator gets the death penalty.

Keep hoping.

Also a lot of hiding behind FERPA, though the Duke board pointed out than in the 40 or so years of its existence, no violation has ever occurred. With that said, UNC hasn't stopped from hiding behind it.
FERPA doesn't impact the NCAA. They can see every player's grades. What will the NCAA do? Who knows but they could finish off themselves by doing nothing.

With the scandals and punishment UK and its fans have endured through the years, some of you sound like murderers serving life sentences and hoping some upstanding traffic violator gets the death penalty.

Keep hoping.

Supplying fake classes and fake degrees to mainly young minority athletes is nothing. Twenty years of cheating other basketball teams who play by the rules is nothing. Why in the world did the NCAA charge UNC*** with LOIC? They must be out of their minds.

Keep hoping.
A lot of posters on here weren't alive the last time UK was on probation in basketball. On the other hand, you have been cheating that entire time.

34rxhjd.jpg

Keep hoping.
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]Upstanding traffic violator? It is be more like a genocidal regime. Killing college basketball by cheating other teams that you would not have beaten had you played by the rules.

ADVERTISEMENT