ADVERTISEMENT

Now the rubber meets the road

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
I think filling a roster with the right pieces at a new in mid to late April is a big challenge. Coach knows what he needs. I am assuming he tries to get at least 10 scholarship players and then some walk ons for practice. Honestly I don’t expect Reed to be here. Keeping 2/3 current guys would be huge. 2/3 from BYU because they know the system. BYU is about missions and ministries so nit sure how they all react. Now go find 4/5 from the portal for your exact needs. I hope next year’s team can win a couple games in the tournament and then we launch from there.

I’ve complained about the transfer portal but the way it is set up now will make it easier for Coach Pope to build this roster . It would have been much difficult to build if this happened years ago before the instant transfer .

Reactions: chroix
I'm not sure it's that crazy of a challenge. There are a ton of players in the portal, I'm sure he's working on those along with Perry and maybe talking to a few of the other recruits although I don't expect them to stay committed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT