ADVERTISEMENT

What a freaking joke the NCAA is...

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
Unbelievable...cannot rule on a kid trying to enroll in college, excuse academic fraud at UNC, excuse bag men at Kansas but level serious infractions on FSU for NIL when we all know this is common practice everywhere.

NCAA just needs to go away. They've lost their marbles.

In this day and age they just gave FSU Football the death penalty.

Them not making the playoffs went beyond what they did on the field. It's obvious. It makes you think how many championships has the NCAA cost us?
ESPN does focus groups about what people want to see on their network. SEC football continually comes out on top. ESPN holds the rights for the college football playoff. Connect the dots on why FSU didn't make it.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Unbelievable...cannot rule on a kid trying to enroll in college, excuse academic fraud at UNC, excuse bag men at Kansas but level serious infractions on FSU for NIL when we all know this is common practice everywhere.

If I was FL state I’d sue them and tell them to eat that violation.

Last edited:
ESPN does focus groups about what people want to see on their network. SEC football continually comes out on top. ESPN holds the rights for the college football playoff. Connect the dots on why FSU didn't make it.
FSU wasn’t close to the level of the other 4 or Georgia. How Georgia didn’t make it is criminal to me. If you connect the dots to a ESPN/SEC conspiracy then Georgia would have been in as well. They lost one game by 3 points in 2 years to another playoff team.

Last edited:
UNCheat threaten to sue NCAA, they back down.
FSU threaten to sue NCAA, they say F-U well just take away what you love most

FSU wasn’t close to the level of the other 4 or Georgia. How Georgia didn’t make it is criminal to me. If you connect the dots to a ESPN/SEC conspiracy then Georgia would have been in as well. They lost one game by 3 points in 2 years to another playoff team.
You can't make a logical argument for Georgia by using what happened on the field. What happened the previous two years with Georgia is irrelevant, the playoff is only about what happened this year.

So who are you leaving out? You can't leave out Bama because they beat Georgia. You can't leave out Texas if you include Bama, because Texas won head to head. And you can't leave out Washington or Michigan and leave out two undefeated P5 teams. And seeing as both Washington and Michigan won they proved they deserved their spots.

You can't make a logical argument for Georgia by using what happened on the field. What happened the previous two years with Georgia is irrelevant, the playoff is only about what happened this year.

So who are you leaving out? You can't leave out Bama because they beat Georgia. You can't leave out Texas if you include Bama, because Texas won head to head. And you can't leave out Washington or Michigan and leave out two undefeated P5 teams. And seeing as both Washington and Michigan won they proved they deserved their spots.
FSU

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns

Having a playoff of more than 4 teams solve the issue.

Boo hoo. They got DESTROYED by UGA. That answered every question that needed to be answered.

Reactions: calamitybone

Except it isn’t irrelevant. The coach was the same. He didn’t lose many players from the previous year. It’s still relevant. You can peach til your mouth runs dry and you will still be wrong. UGA had just as many sit outs for the game and STILL steam rolled FSU. They didn’t belong. Period. And it was proven on the field.
The committee got it right. Much to everyone’s chagrin.

So it sounds like kid got more & from Georgia and withdrew his name from portal…or he was highly offended by fsu trying to throw money at him and withdrew his name from the portal .

Ok so Georgia went Undefeated all year in the best conference in the country by a landslide. Losing by 3 in the conference championship game to another playoff team isn’t worth getting kicked out of the top 4 when you were ranked 1 going in. That’s this year only. Damn straight I’m leaving out FSU who was injured and over rated because of the piss poor ACC and Georgia showed that by having the most lopsided bowl game ever. I would have left the last spot go between Texas and Bama. Probably Texas because they won head to head but both have a case.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns

The NCAA is the college president’s AD’s and conference commissioners. I don’t know why people still don’t get this. SEC commissioner Greg Sankey lead the infractions committee that let UNC off. No one ever blames Greg Sankey, “the NCAA” gets the blame. The NCAA is a brilliant cover because they can do whatever they want then blame “the NCAA”.

If I was FL state I’d sue them and tell them to eat that violation.
Break the rules of your governing body that you agreed to follow then sue for being held accountable? That’s like agreeing to and signing a grant of rights agreement then suing to get out of the contract you signed. FSU would never.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Ok so Georgia went Undefeated all year in the best conference in the country by a landslide. Losing by 3 in the conference championship game to another playoff team isn’t worth getting kicked out of the top 4 when you were ranked 1 going in. That’s this year only. Damn straight I’m leaving out FSU who was injured and over rated because of the piss poor ACC and Georgia showed that by having the most lopsided bowl game ever. I would have left the last spot go between Texas and Bama. Probably Texas because they won head to head but both have a case.

Exactly.
If at the end of the day you are trying to put the four best teams in the playoffs leaving our Georgia makes zero sense.

Someone had to lose that SEC Championship game. You are penalizing the conference because they just happened to have two of the best teams. That game essentially became another playoff game. Meanwhile, FSU got to play UL, who we beat LOL.

Reactions: Seakat311
FSU simply didn't follow the playbook. Deny, lawyer up, and threaten to sue. Then self impose some meaningless short-term penalties.

Question: When the NCAA is done away with... will we get the two vacated tournament games from 1988 back?

Reactions: Jont0805

How in the world are you still arguing for FSU after Georgia beat their brains in? It’s not about “fairness”, it’s about putting the best teams in the playoff. Surely you’re not suggesting a team from the SEC isn’t one of the best 4? Michigan had a hell of a harder time with Bama than Washington.

Apparently the holdup over Big Z’s eligibility is over a small stipend. The NCAA is truly a clown organization.

Reactions: Seakat311
How in the world are you still arguing for FSU after Georgia beat their brains in? It’s not about “fairness”, it’s about putting the best teams in the playoff. Surely you’re not suggesting a team from the SEC isn’t one of the best 4? Michigan had a hell of a harder time with Bama than Washington.
That wasn't an argument for FSU, the comment I responded to was arguing Bama and Georgia should have both gotten in. There is no way you could include them both while excluding one of Washington, Michigan, or Texas given the results that actually took place on the football field.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
That wasn't an argument for FSU, the comment I responded to was arguing Bama and Georgia should have both gotten in. There is no way you could include them both while excluding one of Washington, Michigan, or Texas given the results that actually took place on the football field.

My mistake then, I would agree with you on putting two teams from the SEC would’ve been too much. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Georgia would’ve beaten Michigan either tbh

If Alabama and Georgia were both top 4 teams you could absolutely make that argument.

One could make the argument that Washington Michigan and Texas were better and that's all fine. But you can absolutely make the argument the other way as well.

Boo hoo. They got DESTROYED by UGA. That answered every question that needed to be answered.
This is a bad take, respectfully. FSU was without almost all their starters and 30+ scholarship players all together. That performance by FSU had nothing to do with their regular team in-season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT