ADVERTISEMENT

Moscow Murders

I mention the Leopold and Loeb case to my wife all the time, too.

There are some parallels. If I recall, Leopold left a pair of glasses at the crime scene; Kohberger left a knife sheath.

Kohberger was a student of criminology investigating the "criminal mind". He had recently taken a course in DNA evidence and forensics. I give him an F.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catemus and justa
I want to know a lot more about the roommate with the really crazy story that nobody is going to believe.

Maybe Kohlberger was strutting his stuff in front of this girl he liked who maybe mentioned a few times how much she hated her roommates and he was a super criminologist who figured he knew exactly how to get away with it. Maybe she's up at 4am because she knows why he's there. Lot of doors were locked that night and she only locked hers after he left? Maybe she was the door locker as that part has never made sense to me? Her locking them does, though. Maybe she looked at all the handiwork she had egged on, locked the doors herself, then she locked hers and took a nap. You know, typical when a stranger wearing all black is in a house wondering around with strange noises and the sounds of your roommate begging doesn't motivate you to look and check, turn all the lights on, say "Hey, did any of you guys see this nut walking around in the black costume? You guys OK? Call the police as he may come back! Nope. Nothing to see here. I'll sleep on it and see how it all looks tomorrow afternoon.

Who TF goes to sleep when you just saw and heard what she saw and heard without doing a thing unless you already know? How does she know he wasn't just going outside to get something like a chainsaw? Her story makes no sense unless she is involved. You run over there you lock the door he left through, you turn on every light in the house, you holler at everyone, you call the cops.

Get a lawyer, lady, you need one.

Last edited:
Reactions: FltDoc
It’s a good case to read about. A lot of similarities in his demeanor and personality.

Saw that his phone pinged around the house at 9 that morning. He was wanting to see if his deed had been discovered yet. He is literally leaving breadcrumbs. Has to be treating as a game with his background.
Or going back for the sheath.

If the roommate was in on it why did she give such a good description of him to police. Wouldn’t she have just said she didn’t see anything if in on it?
“a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person’s mouth and nose walking towards her” is a good description? OK.

Let's look at what she said again:

In her terrifying account to investigators, the roommate, identified as D.M. in the documents, revealed that she heard the killer inside the home, overhearing his chilling words to the victim.

She also revealed that at least two of the victims had realised that the assailant was inside their home prior to him launching his attack, recollecting a moment where she heard one of her roommate’s saying “there’s someone here”.

The survivor told investigators that the four victims had all come back to the King Road home from their respective nights out at around 2am and were in their rooms by around 4am – except for Kernodle who got up to collect a DoorDash order around that time.

D.M. told investigators that she had gone to sleep in her bedroom on the second floor of the three-floor home and was woken by what sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog in one of the third-floor bedrooms.

A short time later, D.M. said that she heard someone believed to be either Goncalves or Kernodle saying something to the effect of “there’s someone here”.

Minutes later, D.M. said that she looked out of her bedroom for the first time but did not see anything.

She then opened her door for a second time when she heard what she thought was crying coming from Kernodle’s room, the documents state.

At that point, she said she heard a man’s voice saying something to the effect of “it’s ok, I’m going to help you”.

When she opened her door for a third time minutes later, she said she saw “a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person’s mouth and nose walking towards her”.

As she stood in a “frozen shock phase,” she said the man – who she did not recognise – walked past her and headed toward the back sliding glass door of the home.

The witness said that she then locked herself in her room.

Hours later, Mogen and Goncalves were both found stabbed to death together in Mogen’s single bed in her room on the third floor.

The bodies of young couple Kernodle and Chapin were both found in Kernodle’s bedroom on the second floor of the property, with the 20-year-old woman found on the floor.

In an eerie revelation it has emerged that Goncalves’ pet dog Murphy was found unharmed in Goncalves’ bedroom, which is also on the third floor, the officer wrote.

Who can just lock their bedroom door and go to sleep after that? For 7 hours? You don't go over and lock the door you just saw some strange guy in a costume leave in case he wants to come back, then turn the lights on and find out WTF was going on?

Makes more sense with these details that the girl went into those bedrooms after the killer left. She saw what happened. She locked the doors, not him. She then locked herself in her own bedroom just like the other bedrooms were locked.

They surely fingerprinted the door locks. Will be very interesting how they go at her. Probably trying to keep her talking as a *witness* as long as they can including walking the police through her movements at the scene. Anything to keep her yapping until she finally realizes she is a target and lawyers up.

Last edited:
Reactions: FltDoc
From the same story:

Around the time that the roommate witnessed the suspect, a security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am, the documents state.

Surviving roommate in Idaho murders saw masked killer leave home after telling victims ‘I’m going to help you’

In addition to everything else the roommate admitted to, a "loud thud" and whimpering that was loud enough to be picked up by a nearby security camera was not loud enough to make the roommate check it out after everything else that went on?

Why would a person that just brutally killed 4 people leave an eye witness he walked right by untouched? He walked. He wasn't in a hurry. He didn't run by her to the door. How did he know she wasn't going to scream and yell for the police or shoot him in the back as he walked by?

Kohberger has been traced by his cell phone to have been in and around that house at least 12 times before the killing. Is the roommate why he was there? What led him to that house since he had only been in the area since August?

My theory is Kohberger was in the house with the D.M. girl in her room before the crime. He left the room after 4am to go upstairs to confront them over something. Kills them then locks that bedroom door as there are still people alive in the house. The roommates awaken from the sound but DM talks them back to their room where they are killed by Kohberger as they will be found out as they haven't had time to figure this out yet. So they then lock that bedroom door and go back to DMs room to work on their story. So he eventually leaves out the same way she said he did, then she does return to her bedroom and lock the door behind her and stay there for 7 hours.

It is baffling in their story why they would admit she was awake. Maybe they feared a lie detector test or maybe it was just good old basic "stick as close to the truth as you can in your lies." It could also be something like that security camera or some other evidence caused the cops to be able to confront her that she was awake at that time. Or maybe it was the food order that arrived around 4am. Maybe the delivery driver saw her.

But her admitting she was awake, that she heard what were the killings, and that she saw the killer and he passed right by her walking to the door. She is admitting what happened only cutting out all the guilty parts. She's sticking as close to the truth as possible in her lying.

I'd hope they could have tested DM's room for Kohberger's DNA. If his DNA is in her room then slap the cuffs on her.

My theory is Kohberger was in the house with the D.M. girl in her room before the crime. He left the room after 4am to go upstairs to confront them over something. Kills them then locks that bedroom door as there are still people alive in the house. The roommates awaken from the sound but DM talks them back to their room where they are killed by Kohberger as they will be found out as they haven't had time to figure this out yet. So they then lock that bedroom door and go back to DMs room to work on their story. So he eventually leaves out the same way she said he did, then she does return to her bedroom and lock the door behind her and stay there for 7 hours.

It is baffling in their story why they would admit she was awake. Maybe they feared a lie detector test or maybe it was just good old basic "stick as close to the truth as you can in your lies." It could also be something like that security camera or some other evidence caused the cops to be able to confront her that she was awake at that time. Or maybe it was the food order that arrived around 4am. Maybe the delivery driver saw her.

But her admitting she was awake, that she heard what were the killings, and that she saw the killer and he passed right by her walking to the door. She is admitting what happened only cutting out all the guilty parts. She's sticking as close to the truth as possible in her lying.

I'd hope they could have tested DM's room for Kohberger's DNA. If his DNA is in her room then slap the cuffs on her.

If the roommate was in on it why did she give such a good description of him to police. Wouldn’t she have just said she didn’t see anything if in on it?
Dont argue with the master behind the keyboard of all police investigations.

That being said, LOL, I agree her story doesn't jive but her fingerprints 100% could be on all door handles and locks in that house, If his DNA is in her room, then she is in trouble.

There is a chance that you are correct.

Have you ever thought about writing mystery novels? You might want to think about it.

I feel like the investigators would have already found a connection between the 2 if there was one. He obviously isn’t that great at covering his tracks and I’d assume a college party girl wouldn’t be very good at it either.

Reactions: jayroon
Applying logic to a serial killer isn't very logical.

If he truly walked right by her, it may be that he was satisfied for the night. He may have also relished the thought of someone alive experiencing what he had done. I don't know, the guy is a loon.
But he locked the bedroom doors because he wanted more time to get away yet he walks right by a girl that could have screamed her head off or clubbed him with a chair from behind?

Think the girl fabricating the story with a killer that looks and acts like Jason makes a little more sense?

None of her story fits. None. Why is she lying?

But he locked the bedroom doors because he wanted more time to get away yet he walks right by a girl that could have screamed her head off or clubbed him with a chair from behind?

Think the girl fabricating the story with a killer that looks and acts like Jason makes a little more sense?

None of it fits. None.
I don't disagree. I guess we will see. I still think the fact that he could have gotten a big thrill out of letting her live with the thought that he may come back and get her, may have gotten his rocks off.

Kohberger would have been covered in blood. He also would have been carrying the murder weapon since he didn't leave it at the scene.

Why no mention of that from the girl? She was "frozen in fear" yet not so fearful to check on her roommates, go over and lock the door Jason in the mask just walked out of, or turn on all the lights, or scream, or do anything for 7 hours?

Total BS story. She invented Jason as the killer.

OK, then take the next step. Why is she lying?

For the same reason she went back into her room. She knew why he was there, what he did, and that she was safe from him so she wasn't worried about him coming back.

• Haha
Reactions: FltDoc and jayroon
It’s definitely fishy as hell. No argument otherwise. But rest assured, if there is a connection it’ll be found. No way - from what we know about the killer - would they be smart enough to hide it.

“a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person’s mouth and nose walking towards her” is a good description? OK.

Who can just lock their bedroom door and go to sleep after that? For 7 hours? You don't go over and lock the door you just saw some strange guy in a costume leave in case he wants to come back, then turn the lights on and find out WTF was going on?

Makes more sense with these details that the girl went into those bedrooms after the killer left. She saw what happened. She locked the doors, not him. She then locked herself in her own bedroom just like the other bedrooms were locked.

They surely fingerprinted the door locks. Will be very interesting how they go at her. Probably trying to keep her talking as a *witness* as long as they can including walking the police through her movements at the scene. Anything to keep her yapping until she finally realizes she is a target and lawyers up.
She told them he was tall, athletic build but not muscular and had bushy eyebrows. Why say anything remotely in describing him if she was in on it.

And not calling the police right away she could have been in shock and passed out which happens sometimes in one’s fight/flight//freeze response. Or she was too high or drunk to do anything. Also by not doing anything she possibly saved her life as well as the other roommate.

It’s also possible that she saw him but he didn’t her.

The gag order preventing the two surviving roommates from discussing anything with the victims' families seem a little odd to me as well, if the police are convinced that he acted alone..... or rather, maybe, failure to act with known info about an impending assault, etc.

(i'm done theorizing but agree that there are a few things that don't add up, even while taking "crazy" into account)

Reactions: LOL_Man
That explains his question to police; i.e. (Paraphrase) "... was anyone else arrested?"
I was going to post the exact same thought.

Didn't they also last week at the last second by a court order, continue to keep the house closed off? Maybe to go through her room really well looking for his DNA.

Just saw where her “lawyer” issued a statement on her behalf stating “she was scared to death after the encounter”. So that answers the question if she has lawyered up or not.

Reactions: LOL_Man
I had a college roommate who would come home and pass out every weekend. She may have been too drunk to remember much.

Reactions: jayroon
I believe the next hearing is tomorrow. Hoping we get some updates and/or more insight into a motive.

We might have to start a new thread soon based on HOB...

"Cal murdered"

The sealed order til 3/1 may lockdown a ton of new info. But I think them sealing it must have some pretty good info that they don’t want out there yet and screw up tying everything together.

The sealed order til 3/1 may lockdown a ton of new info. But I think them sealing it must have some pretty good info that they don’t want out there yet and screw up tying everything together.
So far they’ve been doing everything right. I’m sure they’ll get this monster convicted and put away.

My man Drip Drop has an ICP take on this case if you want to feel like you're on acid and watching Saw while listening to speculation about a case:

This case gets stranger every day. I wonder what they are so afraid of that is going to get out:

Officials in Latah County, Idaho, on Tuesday announced that they had temporarily taken the case file off of the state's internet-based portal, citing unspecified "security concerns," a move several legal experts told Fox News Digital was highly unusual.

"For security reasons, case information for State v. Kohberger is momentarily unavailable in the iCourt Portal," a court spokesman told reporters, days after the case files were taken down. "To ensure public access to this information, a PDF report listing events in the case is now posted to the top of this case's entry on our Cases of Interest page."

The portal is normally accessible around the clock and shows what documents have been filed in the case, but does not allow for downloads. The PDF will be updated daily, according to authorities.

"It makes no sense," said Neama Rahmani, a Los Angeles-based attorney and former federal prosecutor. "I’ve never seen it in more than 20 years of practice."

Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger search warrants sealed to prevent 'serious and imminent threat,' court docs

This case gets stranger every day. I wonder what they are so afraid of that is going to get out:

Officials in Latah County, Idaho, on Tuesday announced that they had temporarily taken the case file off of the state's internet-based portal, citing unspecified "security concerns," a move several legal experts told Fox News Digital was highly unusual.

"For security reasons, case information for State v. Kohberger is momentarily unavailable in the iCourt Portal," a court spokesman told reporters, days after the case files were taken down. "To ensure public access to this information, a PDF report listing events in the case is now posted to the top of this case's entry on our Cases of Interest page."

The portal is normally accessible around the clock and shows what documents have been filed in the case, but does not allow for downloads. The PDF will be updated daily, according to authorities.

"It makes no sense," said Neama Rahmani, a Los Angeles-based attorney and former federal prosecutor. "I’ve never seen it in more than 20 years of practice."

Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger search warrants sealed to prevent 'serious and imminent threat,' court do

“Has anyone else been arrested?” Maybe the authorities are still investigating whether he had an accomplice.

Has anyone further evaluated the time his vehicle was spotted coming into the area and then spotted leaving the area ..,, an awful lot happened in those short few minutes …

If they've got their man and that's it, then the normal way this works is they start leaking like a sieve out to the media to get the jury pool softened up and their narrative in the media's mouth, but here they're clamming up tighter than a bobcat's ass. It sure does pique my suspicion that they are looking at somebody else hard as an accomplice or they've got a big giant hole in their case somewhere. They don't balk like this normally so it is a huge red flag that something is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT