ADVERTISEMENT

Facebook, Messenger and Instagram are down

Don’t know why it’s happening, but the world would be a MUCH better place without those and almost all other social media.

This may be a time hackers are inadvertently doing the world a favor.

zuckerberg-dinkleberg.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Wow right in the middle of me trying to sell some Kobe and Jordan cards.

Also a lot of former Kentucky players if any of your fine folk are interested

I imagine it is China, Russia, or even NK.
But honestly I'm not that bothered by it. Except for the fact that they have that capability.

Glad to see Rivals is not included in this group. Still flying under the radar.

Guess everyone from the age of 11 to 30 are jumping off a bridge by 3pm. I don't waste my time on social media. I'm 41 and don't give a shit what anyone is posting and I damn sure don't don't care if they know what I'm doing. Remember when you had to know someone to know them. Not the fake stuff they want to show. Good Ole days are back

It is interesting that this happened on Super Tuesday.

The other thing that the non-tech folks might not be privy to: the tech layoffs over the last few years inevitably left some systems idle, likely needing more attention than they are getting. It wouldn't shock me at all if this was a legit outage caused by pinching pennies. It's not like when a construction company builds a building, they are done and move on. When you build a computer system, there's still a heck of a lot of maintenance and monitoring that goes into keeping it "standing".. anything from a rogue process taking too much RAM to a certificate expiring. I've seen it happen at all of the tech companies I've worked at. It happens quite a bit.

Guess everyone from the age of 11 to 30 are jumping off a bridge by 3pm. I don't waste my time on social media. I'm 41 and don't give a shit what anyone is posting and I damn sure don't don't care if they know what I'm doing. Remember when you had to know someone to know them. Not the fake stuff they want to show. Good Ole days are back

Well it was fixed well before 3 but I'm sure some of the kids and 20 somethings were freaking out.

It is interesting that this happened on Super Tuesday.

The other thing that the non-tech folks might not be privy to: the tech layoffs over the last few years inevitably left some systems idle, likely needing more attention than they are getting. It wouldn't shock me at all if this was a legit outage caused by pinching pennies. It's not like when a construction company builds a building, they are done and move on. When you build a computer system, there's still a heck of a lot of maintenance and monitoring that goes into keeping it "standing".. anything from a rogue process taking too much RAM to a certificate expiring. I've seen it happen at all of the tech companies I've worked at. It happens quite a bit.
But if its plugged into a phone jack, all should be good right?

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
The Chinese had it down for AI scam maintenance. They really should have warned everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT