ADVERTISEMENT

Moscow Murders

I saw on TikTok a video showing the layout of the house it’s very plausible if he was leaving in a hurry in either direction he may not have seen her standing in the doorway it’s a tight hallway.

LMAO that people legit think this surviving roommate was in on it. I agree her behavior was strange, but no one thinks she had anything to do with this. People do weird things when they are frightened and in shock. She may have even convinced herself it didn’t happen.

Without going too much into it, my college girlfriend was in a somewhat similar incident. A guy broke into the house she shared with other girls and raped one of the roommates in the house. My girlfriend heard the attack and froze to the point she couldn't even move her arm to lock her bedroom door. Eventually the perp left the house with the victim and another roommate called the police who, thank God, arrived almost immediately and saved the victim from probable death.

I have no doubt my then girlfriend would have sat there for hours had it not been for the quick thinking of the roommate.

In the Moscow case, Mortensen could plausibly have been terrified to call the police believing the perp could have still been in the house waiting to kick in her door to murder her if he heard her. She could also have been catatonic with shock. Or had done molly or something else and thought what she saw was a hallucination. Or any other number of reasonable explanations. The fact that she didn't immediately call the police certainly looks weird but the speculation that she might have done something wrong just because of that is absurd, imo.

Last edited:
OK, cops got their man so then let everything out to soften up the jury pool and full speed ahead. What's the holdup, then?

100% the DA would want a simple clean case. Nut comes over and kills 4 complete strangers in a house he knows nothing about with no apparent motive then runs off to PA. What is interrupting their narrative?

How about the Van shoe print? People actually posted pics of Kohberger perp walking in Vans but that is just stupid. You think they're going to let him wear evidence around?

There is, however, several photographs of the roommates in Vans answering the door to a zillion noise complaints. I wonder who's Vans were in the room that morning?

Something is there that is complicating this. Don't puff your chests out just because people are speculating on what it is. Sure, the DA will push hard to narrow everything down to Kohberger because that's the easiest most slam dunk way out of this. You make it more complicated than that then people could walk.

Reactions: FltDoc
I don't think anyone would have thought one of the living roommates had anything to do with it except for him asking "has anyone else been arrested" when he was arrested. That puts a small chance one of them knew the killer and let him in. Also, the way the evidence has been withheld, means there could also been someone else involved. its a small chance but I don't think it would surprise anyone if he knew one of the roommates and they were in on it in small way.

Reactions: FltDoc
I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that there was another perp in the house with Kohberger. I find Kohberger's (alleged) question upon of arrest of whether anyone else was caught to be meaningless. If he did what he's accused to have done, he's a sociopath and those people lie without remorse and love nothing more than feeling superior (such as by sending authorities on wild goose chases and/or pretending to have inside information) so it wouldn't be out of character for that to just be a bluff.

That said, it would not be without precedent for there to be multiple disaffected young men breaking into houses to commit stabbing rampages, as that has happened before.

In this case, four college kids were fatally stabbed in under 15 minutes without the victims being restrained or bound and without causing enough noise to cause immediate alarm. It is certainly possible that one prepared man could pull that off but it is odd.

It is also odd that the probable cause hearing has been put off so far into the future. Generally the defense attorney knows s/he is going to lose a probable cause hearing but wants to have the hearing as quickly as possible so the police are locked into their story. His lawyer is apparently regarded as being very good, so presumably there is some reason for an agreement to such a lengthy delay. (I say this knowing nothing about Idaho law other than basic US constitutional criminal law.)

It would not surprise me if the delay is intended to create an opportunity for Kohberger to exchange information about the crime in order to take the death penalty off the table and to give the prosecution time before they have to subject an officer to cross examination.

That does not actually mean that someone else is definitively involved, more that the prosecution might have reason to think there might be at least someone else with other than incidental involvement and are willing to parlay inside info for a reduced risk of the death penalty.

Or I could be completely mistaken. I would bet it was a one man job but not heavily at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: BankerCat12
I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that there was another perp in the house with Kohberger. I find Kohberger's (alleged) question upon of arrest of whether anyone else was caught to be meaningless. If he did what he's accused to have done, he's a sociopath and those people lie without remorse and love nothing more than feeling superior (such as by sending authorities on wild goose chases and/or pretending to have inside information) so it wouldn't be out of character for that to just be a bluff.

That said, it would not be without precedent for there to be multiple disaffected young man breaking into houses to commit stabbing rampages, as that has happened before.

In this case, four college kids were fatally stabbed in under 15 minutes without the victims being restrained or bound and without causing enough noise to cause immediate alarm. It is certainly possible that one prepared man could pull that off but it is odd.

It is also odd that the probable cause hearing has been put off so far into the future. Generally the defense attorney knows s/he is going to lose a probable cause hearing but wants to have the hearing as quickly as possible so the police are locked into their story. His lawyers is apparently regarded as being very good, so presumably there is some reason for an agreement to such a lengthy delay. (I say this knowing nothing about Idaho law other than basic US constitutional criminal law.)

It would not surprise me if the delay is intended to create an opportunity for Kohberger to exchange information about the crime in order to take the death penalty off the table and to give the prosecution time before they have to subject an officer to cross examination.

That does not actually mean that someone else is definitively involved, more that the prosecution might have reason to think there might be at least someone else with other than incidental involvement and are willing to parlay inside info for a reduced risk of the death penalty.

Or I could be completely mistaken. I would bet it was a one man job but not heavily at this point.
You raise a couple of good questions except of the additional suspect as you have (shady) eye witness testimony saying it was one guy and they watched him walk out (he had to be carrying his knife as he left the sheath in the bedroom so obviously he didn't try to put the knife away before he left otherwise he notices it gone) carrying the knife (no mention by the witness) covered with blood (no mention by the witness) wearing all black and a mask. The witness was so terrified she went to sleep for 7 hours without locking the door he walked out of or turning on all the lights or calling 911.

That's why that witness is so important. I bet at some point she will be willing to ID Kohberger and say "that's him" otherwise despite the knife sheath they are going to have a lot of problems as the defense is going to have plenty to work with here and impeaching that witness will be brutal cross examination ripping her story to pieces.

I bet they also may be looking hard at Kohberger's classmates. Who did he hang out with? Maybe somebody pointed him at those girls. Somebody that has been there. I'm sure they are pouring through the phones of his classmates trying to come up with who and how Kohberger came to pick that house and so they're freezing information to try to work on a strategy to rehabilitate that roommate as right now I don't know how she survives cross examination with her credibility intact and also figure out how Kohberger came to be in that house.

Also, notice they've backtracked big time on saying the FBI directed the State Police to stop Kohberger. I think they are afraid that might throw out some critical evidence because in America you can't just stop people on the highway without probable cause and the State Police suddenly inventing he was following too close might cause a judge to balk. So of course now it's no the FBI didn't tell them to stop that car they did it all on their own twice in a few minutes.

Big fight over that stop in court is coming. Big fight over the Van shoes as those are so common of a brand they won't let them anywhere near the word "match" and of course an eye witness that is going to be torn apart on the stand. So all those things plus what we don't know are causing their rearends to pucker at the DA's office.

I also noticed Kohberger's lawyer is a woman and that will help a ton because there will be sympathy for the young roommate female on the stand and if you're going to go at her the way they need to (perhaps even suggesting she did it) then it is much better for a woman to do that than a man bullying a young girl.

Big fight over that stop in court is coming. Big fight over the Van shoes as those are so common of a brand they won't let them anywhere near the word "match" and of course an eye witness that is going to be torn apart on the stand. So all those things plus what we don't know are causing their rearends to pucker at the DA's office.
Ok, Matlock.

I am not sure if I read it on this thread (don't want to go back through it) but one victim was definitely more gruesome than the others. He cut out the intestines and put them on a ceiling fan. No idea if that is true but pretty f***** up. If true, I would assume its the girl that never responded back to him.

I am not sure if I read it on this thread (don't want to go back through it) but one victim was definitely more gruesome than the others. He cut out the intestines and put them on a ceiling fan. No idea if that is true but pretty f***** up. If true, I would assume its the girl that never responded back to him.

If I remember correctly someone allegedly said he posted on a reddit thread stating the "killer" did that. But I don't think its been confirmed he posted that or it was him. Just internet rumor at this point.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Again…angry nerd that got pissed off the hot sorority girls didn’t want to **** him and turned it into rage and murder.

Not the first person to do this. And won’t be the last unfortunately.

An incel who seduced Dylan Mortensen before heading out of her room to kill 4 people?

Noted.
Hank, you're a pretty miserable guy for some reason? Petty, too. Sure, you got slapped around some. Worked over. Well you had it coming so move on, little buddy.

Looks to me like the case of a guy that was already mentally disturbed, corroded what little brain he had doing heroin, got a little older and got to where he couldn't control his evil urges.

What's crazy is that if he doesn't stupidly drive his own car that night, he probably gets away with it and the case is cold.

She did the same thing to a murderer in Kentucky and after putting money on his books, sending him letters (which I assume included nudes), and visiting him in jail... he had her banned from visiting him anymore. Whenever you're doing life and the hussy is so insane you can't even deal with her under those circumstances, she must be INSANE.

Just reported on the news that he was fired from his Teachers Assistant job 11 days BEFORE the murders for getting in two confrontations, one with his professor, and also following a student to her car and making her feel uncomfortable. So yeah, he went nuts and decided to burn it all down. Probably got back on drugs as well.

Reactions: Smashcat
Just reported on the news that he was fired from his Teachers Assistant job 11 days BEFORE the murders for getting in two confrontations, one with his professor, and also following a student to her car and making her feel uncomfortable. So yeah, he went nuts and decided to burn it all down. Probably got back on drugs as well.
Here's an article.

Reactions: wall2boogie2farmer
It's kind of interesting how many legal experts we have implicating the roommate(s) based on one sentence in the search warrant. For the record the affidavit for a search warrant only includes information that is deemed necessary to get a warrant, it isn't the full detail of the case or interviews. There is likely a ton more context around her statement that will come out in trial. With the gag order it isn't worth really even theorizing at this point since there is a ton of information and evidence that hasn't been released and probably won't be until the trial. Yet, just like in the political forum you have folks that like to think they sound so intelligent by speaking in "facts" but they don't know what they are talking about. It's getting old on here for sure, used to be a little more sensible group in past years.

Reactions: Atrain7732
He was fired before his arrest but after the murders. He was getting complaints from students and had irked a professor.

But you’re right, his troubles at WSU probably triggered his killing spree.

If they really have all of the "hard" evidence that it appears they do; i.e. the murder weapon with DNA, other crime scene DNA, clothes with DNA, etc. and not just his phone pinging at certain times,

then...

I'm a big proponent for the firing range, or straight to lethal injection... No delays

A friendly reminder that the evidence almost always looks overwhelming when it is presented to a grand jury. People said the same thing about the Alec Baldwin charges and those were fairly quickly dismissed.

That said, it certainly doesn't look for the guy at this point. If the evidence is as sure as it seems and the victims' families are on board, the prosecution may not offer any plea deals and simply proceed with a trial to get the death penalty.

A friendly reminder that the evidence almost always looks overwhelming when it is presented to a grand jury. People said the same thing about the Alec Baldwin charges and those were fairly quickly dismissed.

That said, it certainly doesn't look for the guy at this point. If the evidence is as sure as it seems and the victims' families are on board, the prosecution may not offer any plea deals and simply proceed with a trial to get the death penalty.
We surely hope especially for those poor families.

Him throwing his trash in the neighbor’s trash can at 4 in the morning is a bad look for him, as is wearing surgical gloves to the supermarket. 🤣

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT