ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody Have Impressions of Workout?

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I didn’t get to attend.

Did BV throw the ball around?

Gilmore had a nice reception from Allen . . . did it go the distance?

Anglin had a pick six?!?

Who threw it?

I thought I heard somewhere that the OL looked worse than the coaches expected. I would expect the coaches to hit the portal for a couple of OL.

I would expect the coaches to hit the portal for a couple of OL.
Them & 120 other D1 schools. Maybe 10 schools right now would say they are happy and have 5 quality O linemen to start in Sept.

Anthony White said on his radio program this morning that a d lineman went down with a bad knee injury. Insinuated he might be out for the season. Pretty sure it was Gadsen. Van Hiles said he believes this is 8-9 win team, that BV is as good/better than expected and that he is really impressed with Hamden's offense.

Beau Allen throws a pretty ball that looks like a free safety may like it. He seemed pretty accurate, just had a lot of air under the ones I saw. Boley seemed to struggle with some totally inaccurate passes or bad miscommunication with his receivers. Vandergriff seemed pretty versatile but if we had so many of our D line out it is hard to say if those runs would happen against a skilled front.

A CFB podcast this week made a great point about Spring games now & coaches attitude towards how to do them. And it ain't just Stoops who is de emphasizing them.

In the old pre NIL days, pre portal days, schools used spring games to showcase their roster, get fans & media excited for what they will look like in the fall. And to get young guys out there and get game type film on them to help development.

Now? Why show off your roster, so other schools can then tamper and make backchannel NIL offer to guys not starting, get em to go portal Apr 15. Or buy a starter from your D line to plug an injury hole at a Penn St or FSU. Why show off that redshirt frosh WR who makes a couple highlight catches? so a lower level school can call their dad, and say "he can start for us & get $100k NIL"?

Not an accident that 2, 3 yrs ago every single SEC teams spring game was live on the SEC network, all are on B10 net. this yr few across all CFB are on any TV. Ohio had their on Fox -and played 2 hand touch, no hitting!

Spring games will become scarce and obsolete, across the whole sport, sooner rather than later

A CFB podcast this week made a great point about Spring games now & coaches attitude towards how to do them. And it ain't just Stoops who is de emphasizing them.

In the old pre NIL days, pre portal days, schools used spring games to showcase their roster, get fans & media excited for what they will look like in the fall. And to get young guys out there and get game type film on them to help development.

Now? Why show off your roster, so other schools can then tamper and make backchannel NIL offer to guys not starting, get em to go portal Apr 15. Or buy a starter from your D line to plug an injury hole at a Penn St or FSU. Why show off that redshirt frosh WR who makes a couple highlight catches? so a lower level school can call their dad, and say "he can start for us & get $100k NIL"?

Not an accident that 2, 3 yrs ago every single SEC teams spring game was live on the SEC network, all are on B10 net. this yr few across all CFB are on any TV. Ohio had their on Fox -and played 2 hand touch, no hitting!

Spring games will become scarce and obsolete, across the whole sport, sooner rather than later
Good points

Reactions: UKfirst

Yes I just don’t agree with continuing to do away with all of these traditions. I don’t think we should just go all in for a team scrimmage but we’re getting so quick to just tear everything away. Eventually interests is going to slow.

I think there’s a reason why college sports is so popular. More and more we’re doing away with everything that makes it that way. Eventually…there’s no going to be much at all to follow.

Reactions: The-Hack and K_TIME
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT