ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs LSU Game Thread***

Of course.. all Cals fault..

Not the officials.
Not the crazy lucky shot or lucky free throw.
Not DJ's awful play..

All Cal. Sometimes I can't wait for our next coach just to see some of this same shit happen and for some of you to be absolutely dumbfounded by it.
So you’re happy with Coach Cal? You’re happy with the direction this program is going? Yes we played bad and made stupid mistakes. Cal’s not making the plays on the court but he is coaching them. He makes the lineups and in game decisions. He’s just not very good anymore. If you’re a true UK fan then you should want him gone too. We’re paying for a Ferrari but we’re getting a Kia. Yeah I’d be pissed too.

We didn’t. Any team that blows a double digit lead like that doesn’t deserve to win. Period.

You have to build a double digit lead to lose it. I get your frustration, there with ya, but it isn't unheard of and LSU has done it before- multie times. Shitty ending.

We may just have different perspectives. IMHO games are all about runs, sometimes you have them and sometimes you don't. To me this was never a 16 point game. We got there within 3:30 minutes...legit. it was gradual but rather immediate and that is a difference.

Doesn't change the outcome.

That's the main takeaway here

The ending of this game wasn't exactly the problem. We made some shots and we did get some stops which is more than I can say in some other close ones we've been in.

The issue was blowing the 15 point lead and being in that situation in the first place.

This is why the upper tier teams blow teams out and have large MOV. They don't allow for crazy crap to happen

We just are not an upper tier team this season.

So you’re happy with Coach Cal? You’re happy with the direction this program is going? Yes we played bad and made stupid mistakes. Cal’s not making the plays on the court but he is coaching them. He makes the lineups and in game decisions. He’s just not very good anymore. If you’re a true UK fan then you should want him gone too. We’re paying for a Ferrari but we’re getting a YUgo. Yeah I’d be pissed too.

Fify

Clearly neither Cal or this program are happy with or benefiting from each other anymore. UK is in the worst shape it’s been in since Cal took the job. We’ve gone in a circle back to 2008 . Cal’s reputation is ruined and he doesn’t get a long with the fans, the athletic director, or local media. Who knows what the donors think, I can’t imagine they think highly of him.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Can do it quick with 3 off the ball fouls on Reeves in the matter of 1 minute. Those are chosen fouls. A ref can choose to call it or not. They happen all game every game.

Completely deflating loss, regardless. We will beat Bama at home and start the same cycle.

It has run its course but for those wanting the season to fall flat to prove a point, fly a kite.
It doesn’t matter what we want, one way or another. Cal is gonna Cal.

• Sad
Reactions: cathouse
We lose for the same reasons for 8 games now........ why wouldnt that be on the coach?

Our defense was much better for most of that game. We continue to play the right lineups down the stretch. He had a great first 5 minutes after the half (something we all wanted to see).

I guess, aside from the over reliance on DJ in the first 32 minutes.. what did Cal do wrong? Not playing BigZ doesn't cut it for me, he played him and he looked lost again. He used timeouts, he set up good plays, he didn't do the lob play to take the lead in the final seconds (lol), he played the right guys otherwise, defensive improvements.

Where I saw the bad performance was from DJ.. rebounding.. shot selection.. missing bunnies.

Reactions: catlogic15
We’re paying for a Ferrari but we’re getting a Kia. Yeah I’d be pissed too.
Kia is far too generous. Maybe even a clapped out Mitsubishi is too generous at this point. This season is like an old school Jaguar with electrical issues that never get sorted out. The occasional times it is out of the shop it is sleek and sporty. But it is always liable to die on you.

Reactions: GoBIG BLUE
Hey we made the shot just had luck on the other end .

I guess that’s more so on Rob considering we didn’t even really run much of a play . Was just one on one go make a shot
We had 9 assists. I think we went one on one the whole game. As clutch as Dilly was in that 2nd half, he did not have an assist for the entire game.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
You have to build a double digit lead to lose it. I get your frustration, there with ya, but it isn't unheard of and LSU has done it before- multie times. Shitty ending.

We may just have different perspectives. IMHO games are all about runs, sometimes you have them and sometimes you don't. To me this was never a 16 point game. We got there within 3:30 minutes...legit. it was gradual but rather immediate and that is a difference.

Doesn't change the outcome.
Scoreboard. Scoreboard.

Elite teams dont blow 15 point leads. And in down year of college ball we once again squander opportunity.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
People on here were asking who was better Ugo or Noel.🤣🤣🤣
There are a lot of really smart intelligent hoops people here , there is also a group of dip shits that post a lot but don’t know jack .. I’ve said all year long Ugo is a project , his BB IQ is awful , he plays like a robot . And unless he’s blocking a ton of shots he’s useless.
And we play Bradshaw game after game after game .. while Z sits
Cal sucks ass , he doesn’t care .. he must be fired

Can do it quick with 3 off the ball fouls on Reeves in the matter of 1 minute. Those are chosen fouls. A ref can choose to call it or not. They happen all game every game.

Completely deflating loss, regardless. We will beat Bama at home and start the same cycle.

It has run its course but for those wanting the season to fall flat to prove a point, fly a kite.
I don’t think anyone truly wants that. We’re just fed up and are anticipating this March will end like the last 2. It’s more frustrating when you have an All-American and 2 lottery picks.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
This team doesn't have enough courage, heart, or coaching to tie together enough consecutive victories to do anything in the SEC tourney or the NCAA, This season is as good as over. The only thing we have to look forward to is we are another season closer to the removal of the boil named CCC from our collective asses.

So you’re happy with Coach Cal? You’re happy with the direction this program is going? Yes we played bad and made stupid mistakes. Cal’s not making the plays on the court but he is coaching them. He makes the lineups and in game decisions. He’s just not very good anymore. If you’re a true UK fan then you should want him gone too. We’re paying for a Ferrari but we’re getting a Kia. Yeah I’d be pissed too.
Why waste your time responding to that antagonist?

I wanted a new coach next year.. but boy have I still been very weary of that decision when it comes. I have differing thoughts on how that's going to go, than most here. The SEC isn't all the sudden going to kiss our ass cause we have a different coach lol. It's still a conference that wants to help the rest of the programs, and it still has a problem with officiating when it comes to home teams.. like auburns 50 free throws. What happens when Hurley loses a game next year because the other team shoots 50 free throws?

But so long as we're in agreement that tonight wasn't 100% in Cal, with blame to go around to some of the players AND the officials.. that's what I'm looking for. Not everything is so black and white.

Our defense was much better for most of that game. We continue to play the right lineups down the stretch. He had a great first 5 minutes after the half (something we all wanted to see).

I guess, aside from the over reliance on DJ in the first 32 minutes.. what did Cal do wrong? Not playing BigZ doesn't cut it for me, he played him and he looked lost again. He used timeouts, he set up good plays, he didn't do the lob play to take the lead in the final seconds (lol), he played the right guys otherwise, defensive improvements.

Where I saw the bad performance was from DJ.. rebounding.. shot selection.. missing bunnies.
There should never be a situation tonight where Bradshaw and Oyenso were in the game together

Hey now. My 2011 Kia Sportage is still running strong and have had 0 issues other than normal wear and tear. Maybe some old 80's Yugo.

I wanted a new coach next year.. but boy have I still been very weary of that decision when it comes. I have differing thoughts on how that's going to go, than most here. The SEC isn't all the sudden going to kiss our ass cause we have a different coach lol. It's still a conference that wants to help the rest of the programs, and it still has a problem with officiating when it comes to home teams.. like auburns 50 free throws. What happens when Hurley loses a game next year because the other team shoots 50 free throws?

But so long as we're in agreement that tonight wasn't 100% in Cal, with blame to go around to some of the players AND the officials.. that's what I'm looking for. Not everything is so black and white.

I feel like some people are living in the 70s here.

Sure we can change the coach. The SEC isn't changing. This is a good league. Gone are the days UK is the lone dominant force here.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
There are a lot of really smart intelligent hoops people here , there is also a group of dip shits that post a lot but don’t know jack .. I’ve said all year long Ugo is a project , his BB IQ is awful , he plays like a robot . And unless he’s blocking a ton of shots he’s useless.
And we play Bradshaw game after game after game .. while Z sits
Cal sucks ass , he doesn’t care .. he must be fired
Agreed.

They all 3 suck on defense. The last few times Z played meaningful minutes.

GA 16 mins 13pts 5 rebs and 3 assist.
@Vandy 12 mins 11pts 7 rebs and 2 assist.

Both times he shot a great percentage and he rebounds!!!

Plus DJ and Edwards playing 21 and 19 is too much. Rob and Shep need more than 22 and 26.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I figure many here didn't think the road win vs Auburn was coming either tho.
Game ended up fool's gold. It's rare for our opponents to shoot 3's that badly against us. They got plenty of good looks. We can only win with historically bad shooting nights from our opponents it seems like.

There should never be a situation tonight where Bradshaw and Oyenso were in the game together

Yeah I don't love his lineups. That's the biggest knock on him I have.

That said, we were getting abused by their bigs and we don't have Tre. Small ball just isn't the answer some think it is.

I feel like there's a valid argument for Rob and Shep to play more.

That being said, UT beat this team by 20. Bama beat this team by 17.

Playing an optimal lineup makes sense and adds to our effectiveness. But does it get us to where we need to be?

At some point when do we just consider the fact this team just might not be it this season.

We weren’t going to win no matter what guys, he saves it back in and we have nobody close to it and they do, unreal. The free throw bouncing off the top of the backboard and going in. The 7 foot cyclops nailing a three, you are not go into win when those things happen no matter what. To many odd ball things happening the last minute or so. We just have of the worst luck I’ve ever seen any team have on a fu——- basketball court, call it snakebite or whatever. When is it going to end?
That 7 foot cyclops is their leading 3 point shooter on the team. Hits 40%. A coach who had prepared his team would have known not to leave him wide open on the 3 point line.

Game ended up fool's gold. It's rare for our opponents to shoot 3's that badly against us. They got plenty of good looks. We can only win with historically bad shooting nights from our opponents it seems like.

I don't know. I mean Auburn was like 44-3 in that building the past three years.

I don't want to start downplaying our big wins. It happened. Yeah they missed some shots but we did win by double digits.

I feel like there's a valid argument for Rob and Shep to play more.

That being said, UT beat this team by 20. Bama beat this team by 17.

Playing an optimal lineup makes sense and adds to our effectiveness. But does it get us to where we need to be?

At some point when do we just consider the fact this team just might not be it this season.
thats not an option for Calpari

we have had too many teams that might not be it as of late

We are 6th in SEC right now ,how much worse can a new coach make it. All you guys sayin " It could really get ugly if Cal left", I got news for you ITS UGLY NOW

I'm honestly in different to it all.

Mainly because the man in charge has a lifetime contract lol.

The discussion is tiring and for some reason it's used to divide a fanbase which I will never understand. You're either a Cal boy or a Cal hater lol. Just seems pointless to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT