ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs LSU Game Thread***

I don't care what anyone says. It's time to try Z in the middle. Our guys cannot rebound to save their lives. At least he can score and rebounded very well in very limited time.

Z please!!!
Cal won’t play Z. I doesn’t matter if it’s the recruiting deals, handler hand-tying him, or just bullheadedness. It’s not happening

Maybe I'm overreacting. But as of right now, barring a run to the final 4 at the minimum, I'm letting my season tickets lapse. I've had them for over 20 years. I started buying them on my barely over minimum wage salary. I used to drive from eastern KY for weekday games and back for work the next day. I've been giving a lot of "one more" chances. This is my last "one more."

You know what I learned tho...........this stuff happens on all these boards.

It's AlWAYS the coaches fault.

Always lol

I don't know. I talked to a uconn fan today about last night's loss. Zero mention of anything Hurley did wrong. If anything, it was everyone else.. officials, Creighton hitting 15 3s (did Hurley have his team defend those!).

San Fran fans sticking up for their coach, despite him choking away the game, with the most talent in the NFL. No one seems to be on his case.
that's what happens when you accomplish something of late.

go 10 years without a final four

its your fault. end of discussion

win something of note recently, you'll get the benefit of the doubt

Cal gets the officiating because everyone hates his narcissistic ass.

Cal controls the linups..... the lineup that got us a 9pt lead in the first half.... he didnt play ivisic the 2nd half....... He stuck with Wagner ...for far far too long ...... Cal's narcissism is why the refs even had a chance to screw us

Cal is the one who wants to play lineups where only 1 player is a shooter in reeves.. got lucky Edwards had a good shooting game. but he did nothing in the 2nd half so yeah....... this is on cal.

I said in a different thread, our fans didn't do us any favors by going after Higgins.

I'm glad you brought up BigZ, he didn't look great again. I didn't see a real reason to put him back in after what we saw, other than maybe in place of Ugo who had a bad game.

This team cannot put back-to-back games together, much less 3, 4, or 6. It’s all hero ball and NBA guards going one on one. 21 Feet of Nothingnesss reminiscent of Carter-Woo-Alleyne. Players hurt every other game. Playing the wrong players. Whacky sub patterns. Making heroes out of ordinary opposing players. Getting outworked under the rim. It’s February 21st for crying out loud. The ending has already been revealed and we’re delusional if we think otherwise.

These things are easier to accept with guys like Wheeler and Brooks. Not so much with Dillingham, Reed and Shep.

Most disappointing/underachieving season since 2002.

Thanks, Cal.

The refs should never have been in position to determine the outcome of this game. 15 point lead.

Can do it quick with 3 off the ball fouls on Reeves in the matter of 1 minute. Those are chosen fouls. A ref can choose to call it or not. They happen all game every game.

Completely deflating loss, regardless. We will beat Bama at home and start the same cycle.

It has run its course but for those wanting the season to fall flat to prove a point, fly a kite.

And the crazy thing about all of this...............it would not shock me one bit if this team comes out and beats Alabama.

Not one bit.

Not one bit. We were good enough to win by 15. It took some lucky shots at the end, a truly awful DJ performance, and officiating to down us.

The only thing I will say is that I am convinced that in the tournament we'll play some close games and we do have guys like Dilly, Reed and Reeves that can knock down big shots. I have no doubts about that.

And we did a bunch right at the end there. We got the big stop on defense. Dilly hits the shot to go up and then we had the big block on the last possession. It was a crazy ending but there are some positive takeaways.

Seventh loss at the buzzer under Cal:

1. @Indiana 2010-11
2. @Arkansas 2014
3. @Texas A&M 2016
4. vs. North Carolina 2017
5. LSU 2019
6. @South Carolina 2020
7. @ LSU tonight.

What a joke
Doesn't count all the games they score with like a little time left to get the lead on us and we either take a bad shot or don't get a shot off.

Maybe I'm overreacting. But as of right now, barring a run to the final 4 at the minimum, I'm letting my season tickets lapse. I've had them for over 20 years. I started buying them on my barely over minimum wage salary. I used to drive from eastern KY for weekday games and back for work the next day. I've been giving a lot of "one more" chances. This is my last "one more."

...beat Alabama and maybe we'll talk.

Yeah I don't mind shooting early there.

I didn't really care for that type of shot. Low % shot but Dilly did make it. But early shot allows for an offensive rebound and putback and bare min u can quick foul. They were missing some free throws at the end so who knows.

Imho, you shoot it with enough time left for an offensive rebound. Pretty much like LSU did except it was blocked and a loose ball situation.
Hey we made the shot just had luck on the other end .

I guess that’s more so on Rob considering we didn’t even really run much of a play . Was just one on one go make a shot

DJ was played too long, BUT was pulled out in the final 8 after Cal couldn't get him going.

When can we blame the player for putting up a totally failing effort? Why is every loss 100% on Cal? This loss tonight was mostly on poor player execution, missing shots and officiating. Cal didn't put up some A+ effort, but no coach should have to just to get a win.

DJ.. and others like Ugo.. are the ones to blame for this loss, if we have to blame someone on this team.
We lose for the same reasons for 8 games now........ why wouldnt that be on the coach?

Reactions: KyCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT