ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky vs LSU Game Thread***

I wanted a new coach next year.. but boy have I still been very weary of that decision when it comes. I have differing thoughts on how that's going to go, than most here. The SEC isn't all the sudden going to kiss our ass cause we have a different coach lol. It's still a conference that wants to help the rest of the programs, and it still has a problem with officiating when it comes to home teams.. like auburns 50 free throws. What happens when Hurley loses a game next year because the other team shoots 50 free throws?

But so long as we're in agreement that tonight wasn't 100% in Cal, with blame to go around to some of the players AND the officials.. that's what I'm looking for. Not everything is so black and white.
I agree it’s not so black and white but Cal is the coach of our program. When is it time to cut him loose? Keep him around for another 10 years with the same results? This is a business now and he’s not getting the job done. If he were at a Mid-Major then his results are fine. We are a blue blood. The buck stops with him, own it and move on. Don’t blame the players, refs, or anything else. Own your role. Coach Cal has done a poor job.

Can do it quick with 3 off the ball fouls on Reeves in the matter of 1 minute. Those are chosen fouls. A ref can choose to call it or not. They happen all game every game.

Completely deflating loss, regardless. We will beat Bama at home and start the same cycle.

It has run its course but for those wanting the season to fall flat to prove a point, fly a kite.
I didn't say it DIDN'T happen with the refs. It did. They were horrible or they took the points.

What I am saying, is after we got up 15, we should have never allowed the game to get close enough that they could determine the outcome.

How many fouls did Reeves end the game with??? Totally coaches decision to sit him while we blew a 15 point lead.

And all for no reason.

We ran Tubby out of town for better results than we have gotten from Cal in both of their last 5 or 6 seasons. Thanks Mitch for screwing us with this ridiculous contract. Sure wish Mitch said fine go to UCLA or whatever school if the money is not good enough. Should have given him an offer for a couple million less with tons of incentives. He would either try harder to win here or take his circus to another town.

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
Unfortunately with the offensive halfcourt sets we run it’s hard to rack up assist
We are almost a finished product.

This team on offense now looks exactly like every other Cal team for the past 8 years.

Cal loves to grind, taking away our superior advantage of speed and athleticism.

LSU's grown @$$ men manhandled our children.

Last edited:
100% agree. It is on Cal to ride the right guys.

I will say it was pretty telling to see Dilly out there and not Wagner at end tonight.
Wagner was limping around......after going 0-5 and getting torched on defense.

I expect him to be out a while. Sheppard took a couple of hard blows also.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Our defense was much better for most of that game. We continue to play the right lineups down the stretch. He had a great first 5 minutes after the half (something we all wanted to see).

I guess, aside from the over reliance on DJ in the first 32 minutes.. what did Cal do wrong? Not playing BigZ doesn't cut it for me, he played him and he looked lost again. He used timeouts, he set up good plays, he didn't do the lob play to take the lead in the final seconds (lol), he played the right guys otherwise, defensive improvements.

Where I saw the bad performance was from DJ.. rebounding.. shot selection.. missing bunnies.
How many minutes did Ugo and AB play together?

That 7 foot cyclops is their leading 3 point shooter on the team. Hits 40%. A coach who had prepared his team would have known not to leave him wide open on the 3 point line.
Yea I know that, they said it at the first of the game. I would still want him taking that shot out of everybody they had on the floor at that time. A seven footer making a high pressure three at that point in the game, I'll take my chances. You could tell by the things happening, that shot would have went in, even if the water boy had shot it. He missed his other two wide open attempts.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT