ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Nah, it's pretty much just UK Basketball and watching my kids play sports. UK Basketball will always be there, but like UCL said, getting kicked in the balls over and over sucks, and I've got 3 boys growing up and doing their thing, so I'd rather put my "extra" sports time there.

I just don't understand how you can't enjoy the underdog role, particularly against the backdrop of our 3 ring circus, front-running basketball program.

Sure, there's a lot of pain, disappointment, and second-guessing involved, but to me it's all worth it when we (albeit rarely) go on the road and lay the wood to a perennial SEC power, get them nervous as shit when we score TD's at will by throwing the ball all over the place, or come up with inexplicable turnovers that lead to shots of a frustrated & confused southerner who has no respect for us. I mean, that's about as tasty as college sports gets for this Wildcat.

Originally posted by wildcat1973:
Nah, it's pretty much just UK Basketball and watching my kids play sports. UK Basketball will always be there, but like UCL said, getting kicked in the balls over and over sucks, and I've got 3 boys growing up and doing their thing, so I'd rather put my "extra" sports time there.
Do you have season tickets for UofL football yet? Honest question.

I love watching Angry Stoops, really cracks me up...but this year I'd like to see Euphoric Stoops after we knock off Florida.

Not many things on earth worse than attending a UofL football game at PJCS. Just a terrible atmosphere.

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:
sick.r191677.gif

azg7RpgdlZvYsOGbGjyc2lZ-q60_bd5B5Hu5W15JSns=w116-h207-p-no

sick.r191677.gif
Dude is Buster Bluth's long-lost brother.

SAE is right.. The underdog role relative to the big, bad monster that is UK Basketball has always served as a balancing act for me. Kind of like a reflection of different personalities.

That win at UGA in Athens in 09 when Randall MF Cobb went apeshit between the hedges is up there as far as sports euphoria.

Watching a bunch snot nosed UGA gafs who think of themselves as college football royalty sit there in disbelief was beyond satisfying. Got so turnt that night postgame. Showed out hard.

This post was edited on 4/16 12:12 PM by IsRichieGonnaStart

It was 2009, and Cobb, Locke AND Newton all played great that game. Newton's highlight moment at UK for sure.

That was a good night. A lot of pissed Bulldogs fans after that one.

That Jeb Stuart bar pregame scene was bullshit btw. Bunch of rednecks.

That losing streak broke me last year. Maybe the realization that the Rich Brooks final years were the peak. I guess I lost some faith in Stoops. My son had to talk me into re-upping my tickets.

Auburn 2009 was the highlight road trip for me. Pretty cool we won that game too.
devil.r191677.gif

Freddie Maggard is fantastic, great hour of radio. The powers that be should jerk Oscar from the football pregame show and put in Freddie. he hates the sport, and is completely ignorant and uneducated every season about UK's team, much less the weeks opponent. Put Jared Lorenzen in there as well, the 2 former UK QB's would make Mags52 better talking about and getting the Wildcat Friends fired up and ready for the day's game.

That's what 'The 6th Man' is....just basketball tho.
I mean one that really elaborates on the differences in mentality that each sport has created. UK basketball has created possibly the most arrogant/passionate fanbase in college sports. Meanwhile, if the earth opened up and swallowed our football team when we were 1 second away from beating Alabama, the typical response would be, "Yeah, that's about right."

UK football was just always more accessible for me and that's a part of why I love it. I don't think I ever stepped foot in Rupp Arena until high school, and by then I had attended 3-5 home football games a year since I was a toddler. Usually with Richie and his old man, actually.

Playing football (and it being my favorite sport) as a kid had a lot to do with it, as well.

Rivals CFB already has the new updates if you're curious.

Has the feel of Maggard's old site so far.

CFBB

Always been a huge UK football guy.

Not many things in this world I respect less than "basketball only" UK fans. They're just as bad as "football only" SEC fans.

Obviously fit the mold of rabid/arrogant Basketball fan.

I get as delusional and hopeful as most do for Football, guess I've just tempered expectations. I was crushed after the Florida loss last year, and stormed the field after the USC win.

Been bugging me trying to figure out who Briscoe sounds similar to -- KapitalKat nailed it ----> Mike Tyson.
laugh.r191677.gif

There's your 'edge', Richie.
First time I've ever heard his voice and I went in thinking there is no way he sounds like Tyson. But I'll be damned.......

I follow both with nearly equal passion when in season...

Obviously, UK Basketball "hurts" me more, is year-round, and is more "serious" when it boils down to it -- if I had a gun to my head, I'd certainly pick that program.

I hate the "UK Football First" guy -- and they are actually even pretentious about it, which is extra
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/16 1:44 PM by B.B.d.K.

The Brooks to Joker transition was arguably as bad as the end of the Tubby/Gillispie era. At least in basketball we knew there was a guy like Calipari out there to lead us back into the promised land. Too much money and history at stake not to make things right. Nick Saban isn't walking through the football door, though Stoops is certainly up for the job. But man 2010-2013 was some awful football years for longtime fans. Especially with the rise of ticket prices, rise of the SEC, etc. Perfect storm of football shit.

But on to a new facility, new coach, new roster, etc. Turf field blows though.

So EKU is now looking into action against the Suckerpuncher...just saying, I hope he's on the field Oct 3.

So it was confirmed Baker and Dubose were there, just standing in the corner.
sick.r191677.gif

Yeah, "football only" UK fan comes across as insecure and trying too hard.

"Basketball only" UK fan comes across as a frontrunning 13 year old girl.

-Later than TSK randoms...

-I love football, as a sport, more than basketball. I think it goes back to high school b/c my boyfriend played and I was just more interested in it. I kinda agree with BBdK... in season, each is super important. I'm still sad all the time about the game. I'm not sure that will ever change. Nor do I think I can ever go back and rewatch those 3 shot clock violations in a row to see just what in the hell happened, though I'm curious.

As for tailgates this season, '15 will only be about 6-8 weeks old at the first game. I do have intentions to continue with some type of tailgate. It just might not go until 2a.m, but honestly, the tailgates have tamed down over the years as it is.

B$ and I went to Spring Practice last Saturday, but I couldn't see anything because I'm 5 feet tall and the media/recruits/players were blocking the view most of the time. I guess we should have posted up in an end zone. It was nice to be out there though. Maybe even a little therapeutic?

-Anth is still on his little hiatus. It's kinda funny to come home and tell him whatever the "big" news of the day is. Slice is gone, Drew Barker got sucker punched, Booker was on KSR today, etc. He is just acting as if he doesn't care about any of it. I feel like he may have a delayed depression once he gets back on the internets.

-I know the ladies love Booker, and I think he's cute, but Ulis is my guy. As much as I love the KSR interviews with the guys, it also just makes me more and more sad to hear them. UK should let them talk more during the season.

-Congrats on 2 years in NOLA, PTI! When are you gonna marry Tiff? You guys are getting old, ya know?

-Houston sucks as a Final Four location. The concert downtown was nice though. There is one sports bar that I know of "near" the stadium, it's about a mile+ from the doors though.

-Clark, it makes me sad to think of Harps getting older. I'm not sure I have even met him, but I still feel like he's a Wodie Crew dog. Speaking of sad stuff, today is 2 years since our cat, Jack, died.
frown.r191677.gif

-Keeneland Saturday.

-122 month shield = 10+ years. I am not sure that's correct though, because I signed up in 2003, which would be 12+ years (144 months).

We had the game won. I honestly don't really remember what happened the last 3 or 4 minutes, partly because i was wasted and partly because i was just stunned at what i was watching and it became a blur. I can only imagine going back and watching how it unfolded because i honestly don't remember all of it, except for the dumbass shot clock violation non call
rolleyes.r191677.gif

You are not supposed to lose that game after making a nice comeback and getting up four and having ALL the momentum. It's NOT supposed to happen
mad.r191677.gif

The following still owe for the Bryant Bracket:

Joey Rupption - $10
Bernie - $10
SAE - $20
Ninjaken - $10
Wildcat Willy - $10

Thanks in advance, you guys.

I love UK football. Still remember watching the Hall of Fame Bowl on TV in 1984. Went to my first game when I was 7. Watched Maggard or Pookie or Moe whenever they were on TV and listened to them on the radio when they weren't. But I'm a fan without any of the pressures of expectations. I mean- UK football has never even finished in the Top 25 my entire life. Why would I ever expect anything good to happen? To me, getting worked up about it would be akin to banging my head against a wall. If they're good, awesome. If they suck, what else is new?

Also, because of tradition, conference, geography and such, I don't really have the boiling resentment in my blood that I do have with fellow perennial loser the Bengals. You have to TRY to be terrible to not win a playoff game in 24 years in the NFL.

UK basketball is my only reliable follow and it always has been. UK football, the Bengals and the Reds- a bunch of mismanaged losers with varying degrees of fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT