ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

So Rusev is done, right? Monster heel with great heat and a great look gets squashed by shit head baby face. Wait, am I talking about Earthquake?

Didn't care for Rusev. I found him pretty boring and the only time I was entertained was when he came to WrestleMania in a tank. I always thought he had a short shelf life anyways.

As for the PPV, I know it is so going to sound biased but despite my hatred of the feud, I enjoyed the Reigns/Big Show match the most. Some pretty cool spots in that even though Show cannot take a spear at all.

Total filler PPV .

As for the PPV, I know it is so going to sound biased but despite my hatred of the feud, I enjoyed the Reigns/Big Show match the most. Some pretty cool spots in that even though Show cannot take a spear at all.

Total filler PPV .

Anyone here could have predicted this! Does your wife know about your addiction?

2 straight years, knocked out with injuries right after being given belts at WM. shame about Bryan, good guy who gave his all to get to the top, but giving him TV time/wins/titles ain't good for the E's business from now on. if & when he is ever healthy he should be shifted down to the Zigler/John Morrisson curtain jerker midlevel semi-over face role.

no more main events, big angles, or winning feuds over guys who can stay healthy and aren't crunchy holistic vegans who refused to go under the knife.

So last night I watched the last hour of the PPV, first WWE PPV of any kind I have watched live since WM 25.
I thought Big Show and Reigns was pretty decent, main event was ok. Rollins using the RKO was kind of cool.

2 straight years, knocked out with injuries right after being given belts at WM. shame about Bryan, good guy who gave his all to get to the top, but giving him TV time/wins/titles ain't good for the E's business from now on. if & when he is ever healthy he should be shifted down to the Zigler/John Morrisson curtain jerker midlevel semi-over face role.

no more main events, big angles, or winning feuds over guys who can stay healthy and aren't crunchy holistic vegans who refused to go under the knife.

Where the hell was this guy when I needed backup in January?

Krazy, that match looked better by default cause it was such a boring show. Luckily I think we get a triple threat title match next month.

But as for Bryan, it's over. WWE knew Bryan couldn't main event Mania but his fans didn't. The only mistake WWE made was having Bryan come back before the Royal Rumble.

It's been talked about here, but a reduction in PPV's would really help the value of it! Not a single reason to have had that thing last night.

Sucks for Bryan, but I'm sure the next Mr Kicker will be right around the corner ready to take the spot light.

Kind of funny that Cena is now squashing US Title (or is IC?) contenders now. I mean as if the main eventers wasn't enough now he has to ruin the B level guys! Whoever thought this up has just been given too much control!

It's been talked about here, but a reduction in PPV's would really help the value of it! Not a single reason to have had that thing last night.

Sucks for Bryan, but I'm sure the next Mr Kicker will be right around the corner ready to take the spot light.

Kind of funny that Cena is now squashing US Title (or is IC?) contenders now. I mean as if the main eventers wasn't enough now he has to ruin the B level guys! Whoever thought this up has just been given too much control!

I'd love to not have 12 PPVs a year because the majority are total filler. All of the PPVs that seemed to be named after Steven Segal action movies are the bad ones (Extreme Rules, Payback, Battleground) and then Hell in a Cell and TLC are just zzz too. But with the Network, there's zero percent chance of that ever changing.

Bryan will be forgotten as soon as Finn Balor gets called up. I'd also, give Ambrose his IC title and let him run with it til he wins MITB.

With the Network, WWE should have pulled Raw/SD to their own network. Screw USA, what do they provide honestly that wouldn't be better for WWE to host their own show!

Then there is simple things like a SNME, those shows were gold back in the day and offered me as a kid a reason to be up late! Of course dad would just wake me up most nights and lay there in bed with me to watch, but it was cool and I still remember them. Things like that overcome the bogus PPV's.

With the Network, WWE should have pulled Raw/SD to their own network. Screw USA, what do they provide honestly that wouldn't be better for WWE to host their own show!

Lots of money. Without USA, WWE would be in a bad place (assuming they went with the Network and not another actual cable company)

Things are gonna be pretty slow until The Mayor of Suplex City returns.

Neville.

Well this happened, TNA announced today that Billy Corgan is joining the group as part of its creative team.

I guess I just don't see how that all works. I mean whatever USA pays for to carry those shows would be worth it to keep on your own show? But admittedly I don't know how that stuff works.

Where the hell was this guy when I needed backup in January?
Haha, yeah I know. Back then I felt that just like a starter in football shouldn't lose their spot due to injury, Bryan deserved to get back up where he was after returning from his injury. But now that it has happened again, and from me & the wife watching Total Divas (embarrassed face) seeing how he & Brie are this ludicrous alternative health homegrown remedies couple I'm done with him at the top of the card. A simple non-evasive surgery could have fixed his arm problem last year, but oh no, he had to rub pine butter or acorn paste on it instead.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I guess I just don't see how that all works. I mean whatever USA pays for to carry those shows would be worth it to keep on your own show? But admittedly I don't know how that stuff works.
An article about a year ago said WWE was to make 200+million for the rights to airing the shows...USA gets 5 million per week for RAW, and remains near the top spot for cable channels...people want to buy ad space for a show like that.

WWE gets the $, plus the chance at exposure for new viewers...viewers that would never 1st purchase the network before becoming a fan.

My guess is, and I will use easy numbers here because I don't know exact numbers, that if 100K memberships to that network were bought at $9.99 and that includes the expensive PPV's to it then including the RAW/SD shows that are currently free could lower the cost of the membership guaranteeing that people would buy in that do not now but watch the free shows, like me!

Of course that's for their finance guys to decide and report on, but it sure makes sense to me. We pay a lot of money these days for basketball, football, golf, movie channels and Id assume ALOT more would buy that dumb network if it exclusively was the only place to watch wrestling.

I also think if WWE would do something to get us that have DISH a chance at the network maybe Id buy it too.

Oh, and commercials would still pay WWE for ad space that would never change no matter what channel.

Again, I know that is very simpleton of me, but all these other TV schemes would not go their own channel route if it wasn't profitable.

If Bryan's run is actually over, it's a crying shame - but I like wrestlers who can - you know - wrestle.

Neville has an interesting push so far, but WWE doesn't seem to ever know how to push guys who rely on aerial moves.

I want to see Bo Dallas join his brother. That would amuse me.

Reactions: JLRCat
Anyone else think that Brock Lesnar's F5 is the most refreshing finisher in the business?

/terrible, I know.

Booker T issues tweets to apologize for an Owen Hart comment made on raw. Basically said "Owen Hart didn't defy gravity like Neville." The content of the conversation he obviously didn't mean anything, but still ruffled some feathers on Twitter.

Reigns/Rollins/Orton...who you got? Will be interesting. This could lead up to a Shield 3 way title if indeed Ambrose wins MITB...which I believe the way he lost KOTR only further points that direction. Maybe this is the start or Reigns/Rollins...Ambrose wins MITB and immediately cashes in to make a Shield 3 way at MITB. Doubt it, as it kills the whole guy carrying around the case for ever and all the storylines with it. Just throwing it out there. Very interested where creative is headed here.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
An old-school rassling reference....because of concerns about safety of their fans, the Baltimore Orioles will host an empty arena match for a game tomorrow.

Yep RIP Verne...In one of the obits I saw a list of the guys he trained it was a who's who of wrestling.
I guess we could blame the drop in ratings on no Daniel Bryan but we know Vince wouldn't believe that. He certainly won't blame the crappy booking, much like Wyatt Rusev is getting sliced by the Cena buzzsaw.
Maybe we should call him Wysev.

So Wade Barrett won the King of the Ring, guess a way to put the IC title back on him since Bryan appears to be out for who knows how long.

I believe I read that Bryan is not booked for anything until June 28th.

How in the hell are you going to book Cena in an "I quit" match? EVERYBODY KNOWS THE OUTCOME! Well I guess expect for little kids.

Cena just absolutely brings people careers to a grinding stop and it takes a long time to recover. Name one person who has come out on the better side of a program with him?

I'm trying to stay interested and I watched half of RAW again for the third straight week but it is just pretty boring right now. The high I had from WrestleMania is fading and it seems par for the course right now.

As for the ratings, I think there are a number of things tied to that. For one, what were the three big matches/feuds for Extreme Rules? The same damn thing we saw for a long time. We've seen Cena/Rusev three times now, we've seen Rollins/Orton a lot, and we saw Show/Reigns for four months straight. That is just boring and we know it was predictable.

If I was booking right now, I'd have Reigns get screwed over by Triple H or something so Reigns could be taken out of the title picture for a few months til SummerSlam and maybe feud with The Authority (maybe add a new guy like Ryback or Rusev or Wyatt as a member of The Authority) and put Ziggler in the main event scene. He's a good worker, he's over with the crowd, and I think is worthy of a two month feud with Rollins.

I also, think you go with Ambrose for MITB.

I believe I read that Bryan is not booked for anything until June 28th.

How in the hell are you going to book Cena in an "I quit" match? EVERYBODY KNOWS THE OUTCOME! Well I guess expect for little kids.

Cena just absolutely brings people careers to a grinding stop and it takes a long time to recover. Name one person who has come out on the better side of a program with him?

Maybe Punk? I don't know though.

I know how you have Cena lose an 'I Quit' match. You make it look like Rusev is going to hurt Lana if he doesn't kind of like what Rollins did with getting him to bring The Authority back. But I agree with you...he's just stale as can be. Just beating all of the mid carders isn't meaningful to me. I think he should be given a long vacation (which he won't do because he's the golden boy) and come back refreshed and dare I say, a heel? I'd make him a heel at some point if Reigns legitimately becomes the top face so sometime within a year, would be the ideal time to do it.

Yeah I'd say Punk with his pipe bomb/contract expiring angle summer 2011 came out the better from his 2 main event PPV matches with Cena

Punk and I was going to say Bryan, but that was really just a one match thing.

I understand what WWE was trying to do with the USA and IC titles by putting them on Cena and Bryan, it just is not working. The USA open challenge is good, but Cena just killing off mid card guys one by one is not.

Then there is the situation with Bryan...

This should cheer us all up...

11189597_831030900309062_576150600_n.jpg

^^^ UM HUM!!!!

So you see this, Jeff Hardy broke his leg in a dirt bike accident and will be having surgery today. And of course it was caught on video.

LOL at LD.

Anyways, I have been listening to a bunch of old Steve Austin Show podcasts (Awesome stuff) and came across his show with Ken Shamrock. WOW is all I can say. That guy had one of the worst and most chaotic upbringings. He got very real in that interview.

He's still a beast and could work one or two fun feuds in WWE but there is apparently some beef.

^^^ I still see him on the Twitter....

Kind of interesting, WWE has a Jerry Lawler DVD coming out later this month, among the people who are interviewed for it was his ex-wife Stacy "The Kat" Carter.

Also there is going to be a Sting Bio DVD later this year. Maybe by then WWE will find something for him to do.

Its about damn time! Ambrose is a freakin star. That was the best match on Raw in ages, and finally WWE is realizing that the Lunatic Fringe is ready. Not saying he wins at Payback....but its damn time he main events. F yea!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT