ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

Blind Karl Hess

All-American
Staff
Mar 12, 2006
Poor Sting. Amazing match, wrong finish.

That match was as good a job as I've ever seen of hiding wrestlers' weaknesses. I don't care if none of it made sense, everything up until the finish was unbelievable and just mindless fun.

Orton vs. Rollins was great.

Ladder match was great.

Originally posted by Blind Karl Hess:
Poor Sting. Amazing match, wrong finish.

That match was as good a job as I've ever seen of hiding wrestlers' weaknesses. I don't care if none of it made sense, everything up until the finish was unbelievable and just mindless fun.

Orton vs. Rollins was great.

Ladder match was great.
Rack

Not watching, but two things I feel comfortable saying:

1) WWE's reliance on old timers coming back to pop the crowd is troublesome. Just let it go, DX vs NWO is 20 years too late.

2) Bret got a huge pop
smokin.r191677.gif

Sure, 2 falls into problem 1, but IDGAF YOLO BRB and other such things

Also, the phrase "Wrestlemania Moment" needs to be retired along with the obsession creative seems to have with forcing that moment, instead of just letting them happen. If Rollins vs Orton was as good as BKH says, let that be a "Wrestlemania moment." Don't overshadow it with hokey schlock

/
1349202468_silky111.jpg

This post was edited on 3/29 8:43 PM by TransyCat09

Triple H's entrance was the one of the greatest of all time.

Best RKO ever...

Something crazy is going to happen with the Reigns/Lesnar match

WOW..just got word that Rock is backstage.

Here comes the set up for Rock and Brock

Originally posted by JasonSpear:
so for those of us not watching... summarize the Sting/HHH match. What happened?
Sting has Triple H beat. DX (Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and X-Pac) interferes.

Triple H has Sting beat. The nWo (Hall, Nash and Hogan) interferes.

Sting has Triple H in the Scorpion. Shawn Michaels comes in and kicks him.

Sting breaks Triple H's sledgehammer with his baseball bat.

Triple H counters the Stinger Splash with a shot from one of the broken pieces of the hammer for the pin.

You'll just just have to trust me, the first four things I said were awesome. The last one stunk, but again, it means another Sting match. The thing I was worried about with Sting was that he wouldn't look like he physically belonged. This did not happen. And if he did get blown up, the interference spots did a great job of hiding it.

Rock's mom is front row. Now explain to me how this is going to get booked.

So...Rusev/Cena.

We all know Cena's going to win this, so let me just ask:

When's the last time the US Title got this much prestige? Tully vs. Magnum? The US Champion just rode down the aisle in a tank. The challenger got a video package of a bunch of Republican presidents (cheeky Vince) giving pro-US speeches. The match is third on the card in placement behind the Undertaker's match and the world title match.

This is all pretty cool, right?

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
Rock's mom is front row. Now explain to me how this is going to get booked.
Rock comes out to help Roman, Roman turns on Rock, heel Roman beats Brock and takes on Heyman as a manager, Rock wants revenge and fights Roman, Brock comes out to help Rock but turns on him, Brock then goes heel to face a dozen or so more times, Brock legally changes his name to Paul Wight. JMO

Guys SGT. Slaughter and Bob Backlund are in the press box, putting head locks on everyone for pictures..lol

Guys SGT. Slaughter and Bob Backlund are in the press box, putting head locks on everyone for pictures..lol
If you get to meet Backlund...

Washington
John Adams
Jefferson
Madison
Monroe
John Quincy Adams
Jackson
Van Buren
William Henry Harrison
Tyler
Polk
Taylor
Fillmore
Pierce
Buchanan
Lincoln
Andrew Johnson
Grant
Hayes
Garfield
Arthur
Cleveland
Benjamin Harrison
Cleveland
McKinley
Ted Roosevelt
Taft
Wilson
Harding
Coolidge
Hoover
Franklin Roosevelt
Truman
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Lyndon Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
George H.W. Bush
Clinton
George W. Bush
Obama

Now you can meet Bob Backlund.

Now the secondary titleholders are Daniel Bryan and John Cena.

I think this is good. I hope good comes from this. I believe it can.

SGT. Slaughter pic..check twitter.

The Rock is THE GOAT, in my opinion. I am a huge mark for that guy. That segment had everyone inthralled. So badass with Rousey.

So...Rusev/Cena.

We all know Cena's going to win this, so let me just ask:

When's the last time the US Title got this much prestige? Tully vs. Magnum? The US Champion just rode down the aisle in a tank. The challenger got a video package of a bunch of Republican presidents (cheeky Vince) giving pro-US speeches. The match is third on the card in placement behind the Undertaker's match and the world title match.

This is all pretty cool, right?
Magnum / Nikita in the best of seven

Let you guys talk me into Sting winning mode the other day, but in my mind I knew better! HHH and WWE are stupid.......thinking he gets another match is a good thing is fine......he could have won and got another match. Waited 20 yrs to come in and lose, should have never gave WWE that chance to book him.

This post was edited on 3/29 10:44 PM by krazykats

Sounds like it has been a great show so far. I can't believe even after 14 years Crazy Old Grandpa still has to job out the WCW guys. What was the point of that.

Cena wins, color me shocked.

Ok I am done complaining that Rock-Rousey segment sounded really great.

Originally posted by Kentucky Bandit:
From that promo for Lesnar-Reigns... Reigns is winning
What the suspense is, if Rollins is cashing in tonight or tomorrow.

Based on everything I'm seeing on twitter, this looks like a damn fine match. Glad someone got color. WWE desperately needs that legitimacy

Went from shitting on the show, to that ending making that show.

Seth/Sext Rollins!!!

I'm like DAMMIT BROCK LOST but then Heisman is like DAMMIT REIGNS LOST and we're all like AHVVEB, BHWGHVE SWHVWGHQAHVBJWH87SBA ROLLINS WON

That main event was the balls. Man, they worked me good. And I pride myself on not getting worked. The cash-in would NEVER happen at WM. On Raw the next night or maybe another PPV down the road, sure. But at the big show?

I thought for sure that when Brock got busted open hardway it was going to be a clean win for Reigns. My bad.

Brock and Reigns tore the house down. Roman Reigns got the tar beaten out of him and looked awesome doing it. Brock Lesnar was himself and kept mighty strong, opening up tons of crazy possibilities.

Man, I really enjoyed this WM as a complete card. I thought Sting should have won and Undertaker shouldn't have wrestled. And maybe cut Rock and Ronda Rousey's segment by 10 minutes to give other stuff more time. Otherwise, fun show.

Wonder if X-Pac was confused as hell.
Of course! He's Sean Waltman!

Oh yeah, Scott Hall, with two brand new hips, took a backdrop on the floor.

From posting a picture of your cock on Instagram to becoming the 2nd heel ever to walk out of WM with the title. Congrats in order for Seth Rollins.

Transy: Brock juiced hardway. Took a hard shot to the ring post on the outside. Came up bloody right away. Had no time to gig. And it worked brilliantly because he had gotten 95% of the offense to that point and it set up a killer comeback by Reigns.

Transy: Brock juiced hardway. Took a hard shot to the ring post on the outside. Came up bloody right away. Had no time to gig. And it worked brilliantly because he had gotten 95% of the offense to that point and it set up a killer comeback by Reigns.
Even better. As much as I give modern WWE a hard time, that sounds like great psychology. And props to Roman for being cool with Brock kicking the shit out of him.

I thought it was an awesome main event. Genius booking imo. Everyone should be happy with that finish. Everyone comes out looking good.

No one should say a word about Roman sucking after that match. Him and Lesnar were awese and better than a Bryan match .

So moving on Bryan is gonna give the IC belt a rebuild long term most likely which is great for both him and the belt. Could bring "legitimacy" to both.

IF there was anything good about Sting losing its this, and it won't happen but I have come to this conclusion as THE only thing good that can come, and that's a WAR games to decide once and for all. The rumblings from months ago means this may have been part of it and just took along time, as did Sting in general considering the tease video from a year and a half ago. If that happens then fine, WTF ever.

This post was edited on 3/29 11:37 PM by krazykats

No one should say a word about Roman sucking after that match. Him and Lesnar were awese and better than a Bryan match .
I knew this was coming & it is bull.

The reason that match was good was because Lesnar was straight dominating it. Reigns had about 4 moves that he did the whole match & repeated each about 4 to 5 times.

If Reigns had won he would have been Cena 2.0. How many suplexes did he take? How many F5's? Brock was dominating the match & that's why it was good.

I thought it was an awesome main event. Genius booking imo. Everyone should be happy with that finish. Everyone comes out looking good.

Honestly, and I speak for myself in this thread, I was mainly trolling you as far as Reigns goes. He lacks a lot of things to "carry" the card but not to be a champ. If a Lesner, Sting, Cena, Bryan angle is tied into a card where he doesn't have to sell it alone then he is fine to get the experience.

However, it is my preference that Rollins drop the belt pretty fast. Lesnar should go complete beast mode, Orton should go Viper and Reigns should just finally get to demolish a quality opponent. Rollins should not stand a chance..... As a matter of fact it would be smart to take lessons from Flair as to how to rely on his cronies to keep the belt!

eek.r191677.gif

HOLY SHIT!!!

I just witnessed Wrestlemania highlights on SportsCenter. Has that ever happened before... legit wrestling highlights on ESPN?

Someone tell me I've overreacting about nothing...
Seems like they will show highlights of WM. I've seen it before.

You aren't. The Masked Man had a good Grantland article the other day about ESPN announcing the Lesnar/UFC stuff as breaking news. For whatever reason, ESPN has been really, really pushing WWE lately.

Had a WM party at my place. Just finished cleaning up. You guys have already covered most of my thumbs up/downs so I won't rehash them.

The Sting/HHH match was fun, but the ending sucked. Next time, break the handle LEGIT. Then, glue it back together, jagged ends and all.

Rusev in a freaking tank. The goosesteppers were out of step, but it looked decent enough.

Rollins cashed in. Was NOT expecting that. Kudos.

Love Taker, but it's time. And we all know what time it is.

When ESPN originally hit back in the early 80's or at least got popular then, they pushed wrestling. I think it would be smart for Vince to use them as much as possible against networks overcharging for his show. I also think long term a partnership between WWE/ESPN could make thing interesting as far as expanding. ESPN has a way of pushing things people don't like and still getting ratings just like Vince loves.

Match made in heaven

Reigns looked good? Really? They let Lesnar toss that guy around the ring for 30 minutes like a rag doll and it was awesome.

There's a ring psychology to it. The facial expressions and the mannerisms during the attack. It was like out of a JCVD movie. Yes he looked good and it was a great physical match.

Loved the ending but feel kind of cheated never seeing anyone pin Brock but it was genius.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT