ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

I want The Shield 3 way but not like this or at such a throwaway PPV.

I want all three of those Shield guys to get a run at the title though but at the right time.

No doubt in my mind Ambrose will be the fall guy in this match. Hopefully this is the beginning of the momentum the guy deserves though.

Pretty good show last night, maybe it was the Montreal crowd or what, but two really good matches. Nice seeing Sami Zayn.
I am sure they are just putting Ambrose in the Main Event so he can lose. Yes that is how much faith I have in WWE Uncreative.

Is it me or did Cena work just a teeny bit heel in that Zayn match? If done right, I think he can be a competent heel...but with this DB business, I doubt the turn will happen anytime soon.

Cena was absolutely working heel. Not only that he did great in his spots too! Testing the red on his 2 count and going with a dirty kick into the grapples. I really liked that Sami zayn character, and hope the shoulder thing was a work so he can stick around. Even though the pop was from the hometown crowd, that guy had IT.

Ambrose/Rollins was about as good as it gets on free tv, but Ambrose needs to smoothen out some, some of his stuff is just forced in an obvious way.

Waltman compared what Cena did for Zayn to what Bret did for him back in 94. Don't know if I would go that far, but hopefully it shows WWE that Cena can still be a babyface and not work SUPERCENA or Ricky Morton every single match.

Nope didn't get the see the WWE 24 last night, hopefully sometime soon I will be able to check out the network again. What I was able to see during the last part of April was pretty cool.
I saw where a few people had commented that for the price of the Mayweather fight, you could just about get an entire year of the WWE Network, which is true.'

Any of you guys watch WWE24 on the Network last night?

giphy.gif

Looking forward to watching the WWE NXT show tonight on ESPN at 8:00, should be interesting.

WWE did well with Generico on Raw. Cena gave him a ton of offense, Bret gave him the rub, and Montreal was expecting him and about to burst. He's big enough to have a chance. Hard to believe they unmasked him - he would sell a bajillion masks to kids.

You better watch it or you're crazier than a shithouse rat.

I'm serious you'll like it.

I probably will. I always enjoy stuff like. Might try to catch it this weekend if I can.

Speaking of, who watched the E:60 piece on NXT? I saw the first half of it, gotta go back and finish it. But really good stuff.

The one thing that I thought - they need to get Rose back in the Kruger character. I had not seen that before and the 15 seconds he was doing that was so a lot more interesting than the "Adam Rose" character.

I probably will. I always enjoy stuff like. Might try to catch it this weekend if I can.

Speaking of, who watched the E:60 piece on NXT? I saw the first half of it, gotta go back and finish it. But really good stuff.

The one thing that I thought - they need to get Rose back in the Kruger character. I had not seen that before and the 15 seconds he was doing that was so a lot more interesting than the "Adam Rose" character.

Hadn't checked the E60 piece but I eill. The WWE24 special just makes these guys more human and was a really cool behind the scenes thing at WrestleMania. I was shocked at how emotional the talent gets and their families involved. Crazy stuff

Roman Reigns mom talks about the crowd at the rumble and we see her reaction to what Lesnar did to him. It's not quite Foley/Royal Rumble like but you could tell it is uncomfortable for her.

Hadn't checked the E60 piece but I eill. The WWE24 special just makes these guys more human and was a really cool behind the scenes thing at WrestleMania. I was shocked at how emotional the talent gets and their families involved. Crazy stuff

Roman Reigns mom talks about the crowd at the rumble and we see her reaction to what Lesnar did to him. It's not quite Foley/Royal Rumble like but you could tell it is uncomfortable for her.

Well just wait till you see the E:60 piece. Dives a lil deeper than just a guy talking about being booed at a show.

Chris Masters signing with GFW...wonder if he will do the Masterlock challenge. Who broke that anyways? Was it HBK or Cena? I can't exactly remember.

I thought it was Cena...

I saw the first part of the E 60 going to try to finish it sometime this weekend.

Wonder who else Jarrett is going to get for his group.

Not that we need another wrestling podcast but Ric Flair now has one. Think Kurt Angle was supposed to be the first guest.

I thought it was Cena...

I saw the first part of the E 60 going to try to finish it sometime this weekend.

Wonder who else Jarrett is going to get for his group.

Not that we need another wrestling podcast but Ric Flair now has one. Think Kurt Angle was supposed to be the first guest.

These wrestling podcasts have become hilarious. There is only so much material. Are they just going to be on each other's shows telling the same stories?

Yeah according to Google it was Lashley..
So TNA is teasing a former world champion will return for their live show this Friday night...any ideas.

Really dug E:60. Thoughts:
  • They will give Xavier Woods every chance to succeed. A black man with a PhD? They want to promote him and say "look at this guy we have". May never get a good heel run because of that thought.
  • Great job of developing empathy/sympathy for Cory Graves. I'm rooting for him as an announcer.
  • Touchers made me care for Adam Rose as a person. I personally think that character can be a heel if they're smart. I've said that repeatedly though. He is annoying and self-centered. They should have never tried to present him as a face; they should have presented him as a heel and maybe they will eventually.
Fandango and Lana? Are they elevating Fandango (who I like) or getting ready for Rusev's descent?

^ Haha

I imagine it's the same person who did his makeup.

I already posted this on twitter and K-Mac saw it but WWE sent me a copy of the press release for Tough Enough and Chris Jericho will be the main host while Hogan and Daniel Bryan serve as panel judges i.e. the Trish Stratus/Booker T role from the last one, I guess.

Another interesting note for the day, WWE is going to release an Owen Hart DVD at the end of this year. Supposed to be a documentary along with matches.
Saw a couple of pics from the Jerry Lawler DVD, looks like Lance Russell, Jerry Jarrett and Jerry Calhoun are among the people interviewed for it.

I always thought that a Tough Enough for guys who had been released that were fighting for a second chance at a contract would be an interesting show. Is Maven working at Wal-Mart these days?

[QUOTE="K-mac18, post: 1658064, member: 5066]
Saw a couple of pics from the Jerry Lawler DVD, looks like Lance Russell, Jerry Jarrett and Jerry Calhoun are among the people interviewed for it.[/QUOTE]

This DVD will be very interesting. A lot of you may not have followed Memphis, but as a kid it was my #1 promotion for along time. Probably until the late 80's.

Hopefully Dundee is in it too, unfortunately he very well may not choose to be.

I grew up watching Memphis as well. According to the list Dundee along with Brian Christopher and his ex-wife "The Cat" are all interviewed too.

Speaking of Memphis, I have question for you old timers. How big of a wrestling town was Lexington? I know Memphis ran spot shows, but Louisville and Evansville were their big circuit towns in the area.

Obviously the Poffos popped up with their outlaw promotion, but I guess looking back it seems to me Lexington was under-served. May be way off base. Did Gulas or the Fullers come up this way at all or was just Memphis and the Poffos? Ohio was sort of dead after the Shiek's Detroit promotion tapered off, so I'm not sure what other promotions would have been in the area.

TIA

From what I remember Lawler's group ran Lexington about once a month. My dad and I used to go quite a bit when I was little. They also ran Stanford and Danville a lot too.

I do remember they ran a joint show with Crockett in 1986 at Rupp that was an incredible show.

I think the Continental Inn was where the Poffo's ran.

I also remember Ian Rotten's IWA Mid-South ran a couple of shows there that I went to before Jim Cornette and Danny Davis got them kicked out of the state of Kentucky for having too much
blood at their shows.

In the early 2000's Sherri Martel ran a few shows at the Red Mile. That for me was the where I met the one and only Joel Gertner..good times..but I digress.

On a totally different note really interesting story with Steve Austin. Worth a read.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...cmahon-daniel-bryan?page=2&devicetype=default

They went to Madisonville fairly regular, I remember when Kamala was starting out (sad story if you have not read). It was held at the middle school. 4 of us would go to Evansville every Wednesday to the EC to watch also. We had a beer with Stan Lane and Steve Kearn at Thortons in Henderson on the way home (we where only 16-17 at the time) , I can't quite remember the whole details but before that, Handsome Jimmy and Danny Little Bear was over my uncles one evening while I was there. My uncle actually was the mechanic on a Indy Car that Little Bear was either owner, or part owner of. Damn those are old memories.

I'm still hoping one of us can come up with the money to make a wrestling territories comedic film Tons of potential there.

Apparently Stone Cold is teasing a big announcement. Any guesses on what that may be?

Also, a long shot but after the press release of the Tough Enough show, I requested an interview with Hulk Hogan and their head of publicity said he'd see what he could do. Fingers crossed. .

Well that would be all sorts of cool. I think Renee Young would be a good interview too.
Plus she is hot!!!! :)

Owensboro seemed to get more play than Lexington, but as a kid I didn't follow the tour much.

Bit of a Raw teaser for tonight, sounds like a few people who have been off TV for a while will be back tonight. Yes!!! and NO!!!

WAG.....likely not gonna happen but something tells me that Ambrose MAY actually win the title tonight on Raw, only to lose it back to Rollins Sunday. Ambrose is from Cincinnati. Doubtful but that just jumped out at me

Anybody going to RAW in Cincinnati tonight? It will be my first live WWE event in 2 years. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I was wondering when someone was going to call Thirteen out on his Ambrose fanhood.

I found out who I'm interviewing this week and a couple of you might cream yourselves. This Thursday I'm interviewing

jerry-lawler-1696009-2140502.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT