ADVERTISEMENT

Kadary Richmond setting up visit to UK

I"m interested to get @ralphdaltonfan 's opinion on him. Apparently he sat out some games this season over a NIL dispute. Not sure if that's true or not but it's rumored.
Did hear that and was heavily rumored but also returned to team quickly so could've been a list of things but that is a well traveled rumor. If he's visiting-he'd be an interesting option of a player. Physical/tough but ball dominant and not a great shooter but would be a tough MF'er who won me over watching him lead that Seton Hall team (I know it's heresy to say I like Shaheen Holloway as a HC but I do) to NIT Championship, especially in the final where they were down 3 possessions with a little over 2 mins left and won in regulation.

Know Travis Graf is well connected with him and he's been a fan of Kadary for a while.

Would be a big time get from Portal. Everyone thought he was locked in for St. John's once he entered the Portal.

He’d be a good get, he’s a pretty typical New York kid. Tough, gritty, good with the ball, not much of a shooter, wouldn’t want to fight him. Solid hard nosed role player.

Reactions: Fox2monk
IDK about NIL holdouts, but he looks a little like a very lean Great Osobor. Back with more hard hitting news after this commercial break.

edit: also, his shooting isn't as bad as you guys make it seem. He's like a 75% free throw shooter, and he was always making threes in the mid 30s until last year, when his FGAs almost doubled and clearly became the focus of a mid-major offense (and thus the opposing defenses).

I'd bet he'd be more in that mid 30s range again with a decent roster around him.

I’d certainly be happy with him. 33% from 3 his freshman year (21 attempts). 35% sophomore year (55 attempts). 44% his junior year (36 attempts). And then 27% this past season (63 attempts).

He stuffs the stat sheet with points, assists, and rebounds for college guard. Averaged 2.2 spg last season and has good size for a college guard so is probably a good defender. If so, bring him in and lock him in the gym all summer to work on his outside shot.

IDK about NIL holdouts, but he looks a little like a very lean Great Osobor. Back with more hard hitting news after this commercial break.

edit: also, his shooting isn't as bad as you guys make it seem. He's like a 75% free throw shooter, and he was always making threes in the mid 30s until last year, when his FGAs almost doubled and clearly became the focus of a mid-major offense (and thus the opposing defenses).

I'd bet he'd be more in that mid 30s range again with a decent roster around him.
Who are you talking about? Richmond? He plays absolutely nothing like osobor.

I'm a lil concerned with this one. I can't see him being anything like what pope is supposedly wanting. Seems like a me first guy and would fit st johns perfectly

Who are you talking about? Richmond? He plays absolutely nothing like osobor.

I'm a lil concerned with this one. I can't see him being anything like what pope is supposedly wanting. Seems like a me first guy and would fit st johns perfectly
Definitely doesn't play like him. Looks a little like him. But only when he's lean.

When Osobor is chunky, he doesn't look like Richmond.
5.png

4.png

3.png

1.png

6.png

7.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Pope's casting an enormously wide net. I love it.

We've got 5 players committed now. We'll probably lock up three more next week, and then it just becomes about adding one or two scoring wings.

I like what we're seeing. Pope is bringing it together nicely.
This is the type dude we need to grab for year 1. Drop the bag for him if needed.

Did hear that and was heavily rumored but also returned to team quickly so could've been a list of things but that is a well traveled rumor. If he's visiting-he'd be an interesting option of a player. Physical/tough but ball dominant and not a great shooter but would be a tough MF'er who won me over watching him lead that Seton Hall team (I know it's heresy to say I like Shaheen Holloway as a HC but I do) to NIT Championship, especially in the final where they were down 3 possessions with a little over 2 mins left and won in regulation.

Know Travis Graf is well connected with him and he's been a fan of Kadary for a while.

Would be a big time get from Portal. Everyone thought he was locked in for St. John's once he entered the Portal.
I don’t mind Holloway, he just showed Cal how to coach. Can’t be mad at that. It sucks but we never should have lost to that team. Also Seton Hall showed they should have gotten a bid. So should have Indiana State.

I’d certainly be happy with him. 33% from 3 his freshman year (21 attempts). 35% sophomore year (55 attempts). 44% his junior year (36 attempts). And then 27% this past season (63 attempts).

He stuffs the stat sheet with points, assists, and rebounds for college guard. Averaged 2.2 spg last season and has good size for a college guard so is probably a good defender. If so, bring him in and lock him in the gym all summer to work on his outside shot.
Looks like his % is a product of being a focal point creator on the offense. More shots and probably tougher ones. If he could be a 32-35% type shooter he would be fine IMO with the rest of his game.

I don’t mind Holloway, he just showed Cal how to coach. Can’t be mad at that. It sucks but we never should have lost to that team. Also Seton Hall showed they should have gotten a bid. So should have Indiana State.
Yeah but he also beat other teams to advance as well-including Purdue and Painter to get to Elite 8. So he didn't just 1 hit wonder like the Coach K of Oakland--Kampe is a decent coach but Cal being fearful of them was embarrassing. That was a team if you play your best players to start a game you are up 10pts when they shoot 1-13 and the game is different but we'll never know because Cal had to be smarter than everyone who knew the personnel better than him.

Agree on Seton Hall and Indiana State.

Yeah but he also beat other teams to advance as well-including Purdue and Painter to get to Elite 8. So he didn't just 1 hit wonder like the Coach K of Oakland--Kampe is a decent coach but Cal being fearful of them was embarrassing. That was a team if you play your best players to start a game you are up 10pts when they shoot 1-13 and the game is different but we'll never know because Cal had to be smarter than everyone who knew the personnel better than him.

Agree on Seton Hall and Indiana State.
Yup but that’s Cal. The only guy in D1 who can take an offense that should score 100 on Oakland and make it a grind! Kampe was his buddy! Yet he still didn’t prepare for his zone.

He’s not the best shooter but he is a bucket getter. We need a couple of those.
He shot 80% from the line. And gets 2.2 steals a game. Elite player on both ends of the floor. He's massive for a PG too. This is a guy you empty out the remaining NIL budget for.

Reactions: seccats04
He shot 80% from the line. And gets 2.2 steals a game. Elite player on both ends of the floor. He's massive for a PG too. This is a guy you empty out the remaining NIL budget for.
Oh I agree he’s a great college player but he’s not known as a shooter. He’s more of a slasher. I’m surprised Kal hasn’t gone after him as he’s made for the dribble drive.

Oh I agree he’s a great college player but he’s not known as a shooter. He’s more of a slasher. I’m surprised Kal hasn’t gone after him as he’s made for the dribble drive.
This is a guy we need. A guy you can run ISO for and get a bucket in crunch time. Really hope we add him. He could be a NPOY at UK.

Reactions: seccats04
Watching his highlights, he reminds me is Shai Gilgeous Alexander when he was at UK.

I don’t watch the NBA, so I’m not saying Richmond is equal to SGA or anything, but the way they move seems similar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT