ADVERTISEMENT

Zion officially 6-6.....across

That was his height at Duke where he measured 6’7 in shoes. In any case he will still be very good to great in the NBA. Height means absolutely nothing

Reactions: Col. Angus
giphy.gif

You wonder with all that jumping and heavy pounding.

That had been my thought all along.
1) would he be able to keep his weight down
2) if not, or maybe even if he does, that is s lot of force coming down on his knees and ankles.
3) he will be playing vs grown ass men, not boys, so he won’t be way more athletic than everyone else, so will he improve his skills

2) if not, or maybe even if he does, that is s lot of force coming down on his knees and ankles.
3) he will be playing vs grown ass men, not boys, so he won’t be way more athletic than everyone else, so will he improve his skills
I’m no zion fan but the guy is one of the most athletic guys in the nba lol. That’s without a doubt.

Yeah, I mean it sucked to see us get throttled last year but watching that guy in person was mind blowing. He truly is one of a kind. Sucks he had to go to Duke of any school...literally anywhere else would have been tolerable and I mean anywhere.

I’m no zion fan but the guy is one of the most athletic guys in the nba lol. That’s without a doubt.

Not saying he is not. I would say top 10%, maybe 5% athletically. But the gap is much smaller than in college. On a 1-10 scale, in college (athletically) he was a 10 and most teams had at best 1-3 guys that were 7-8. In the NBA most guys are at least a 7.

Reactions: Blueaz

1. I have no idea why people think his weight is an issue. The dude is a brick wall.

2. I agree with, injuries may be a concern.

3. For his size he is the most athletic guy in the NBA now, today. His agility, foot speed, leaping ability and instincts are phenomenal.

For all of the above, I think his shot is the most concerning. It is a poor man's Sam Perkins shot. He has to get that fixed if he wants to be great.

height means nothing? I mean sometimes it does...doesn’t it? LeBron is the GOAT (or 1b with MJ) because hes 6’8 and a damn tank but can also move/ run/ has the agility of a small guard.

That was his height at Duke where he measured 6’7 in shoes. In any case he will still be very good to great in the NBA. Height means absolutely nothing

1. I have no idea why people think his weight is an issue. The dude is a brick wall.

3. For his size he is the most athletic guy in the NBA now, today. His agility, foot speed, leaping ability and instincts are phenomenal.

For all of the above, I think his shot is the most concerning. It is a poor man's Sam Perkins shot. He has to get that fixed if he wants to be great.

LeBron and Giannis are just as if not more athletic imo

1. easy...his knees will not take that pounding at a high weight
2. see 1
3. at his weight vs height, of course....have you ever seen that Canadian white guy dunking videos? that is a freak athlete is making millions of nothing in the NBA

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
1. easy...his knees will not take that pounding at a high weight
2. see 1
3. at his weight vs height, of course....have you ever seen that Canadian white guy dunking videos? that is a freak athlete is making millions of nothing in the NBA

It is fine to have a difference of opinion.

I hate Duke as much as anyone but I'm not gonna slight the kid because he played there.

That kid you are referring to can jump through the roof. I've never seen him play a lick of basketball.

I've see plenty of Zion and outside of his shot the kid is as good as they get.

Reactions: TysonD44
Yeah that is fair. You are correct. LeBron a little long in the tooth but my point is there are very few if any that are head and shoulders more athletic than Zion.

BUT, there are a whole lot playing that weigh a whole lot less...

Reactions: Ky grandpa

I hate Duke as much as anyone but I'm not gonna slight the kid because he played there.

That kid you are referring to can jump through the roof. I've never seen him play a lick of basketball.

I slight him for the crap he AND his daddy did to Cal and UK...some dirty, dirty crap...

BUT, there are a whole lot playing that weigh a whole lot less...

He is also built very oddly. He is bottom heavy which most NBA guys aren't.

He is not built like the typical guy who weighs 285.

My opinion may be unpopular but it is what it is. I am not going on record saying the guy is gonna be a perennial all star or hall of famer... that remains to be seen.

I just think that as a pure basketball player he is very unique and skilled in multiple facts of the game. I also don't think his weight is an issue. Some are acting like the guy has a gut flapping over his belt.

please show me where I mentioned Duke...please show me where I slighted him for playing at Duke.
really, show me any slight I made...
I just don't think he is this generational talent.
and I think "a shot: is pretty important in the NBA...not a "slight" slight

oh, and watch how he runs...he puts a lot of extra pressure on his knees. ooops, sorry I i didn't mean to "slight him"

please show me where I mentioned Duke...please show me where I slighted him for playing at Duke.
really, show me any slight I made...
I just don't think he is this generational talent.
and I think "a shot: is pretty important in the NBA...not a "slight" slight

oh, and watch how he runs...he puts a lot of extra pressure on his knees. ooops, sorry I i didn't mean to "slight him"

Please show me where I said you said any of those things?

Chill friend...just typing here. No offense...

Please show me where I said you said any of those things?

Chill friend...just typing here. No offense...
in response to me saying his weight will hurt his knees (have injuries)...
HagginHall1999 said:

im chill, i dont mind being called out; as long as their is a reason
2bmD.gif

HagginHall1999 said:

I said "I"...I was talking about "me" not you.

Truly wasn't directing anything negative towards you just responding.

Reactions: Blueaz
HagginHall1999 said:

im chill, i dont mind being called out; as long as their is a reason
2bmD.gif

Ha, love that movie.

Yeah, I think we agree a lot on the above. I actually said injuries could be a concern in my first post. But it is like that for a lot of guys who's primary attribute is their athleticism.

Look at a guy like Westbrook. If he blew a knee out and lost his burst and first step he wouldn't be half the player he is.

I am not sure if Zion will be great or not. I think he has a lot of talent but also has some short comings (shot) being one, that need to be addressed for him to reach full potential.

My initial response really revolved around his weight. I just think people who are harping about his weight are looking for a reason to call him out for something. I mean if you look at the guy it is plain as day that he isn't fat.

Ha, love that movie.

Yeah, I think we agree a lot on the above. I actually said injuries could be a concern in my first post. But it is like that for a lot of guys who's primary attribute is their athleticism.

Look at a guy like Westbrook. If he blew a knee out and lost his burst and first step he wouldn't be half the player he is.

I am not sure if Zion will be great or not. I think he has a lot of talent but also has some short comings (shot) being one, that need to be addressed for him to reach full potential.

My initial response really revolved around his weight. I just think people who are harping about his weight are looking for a reason to call him out for something. I mean if you look at the guy it is plain as day that he isn't fat.
he just really needs to have a low body fat % as he can...or he will lose those knees early

Reactions: KINGBEAST
It is really too much weight no matter the type for his body to carry doing what he will have to be doing. The joints will go...

Reactions: Ky grandpa
If he stays healthy and doesn’t gain more weight he will be an All star type talent. There is a lot of big ifs though as I don’t see him maintaining his weight and staying injury free.

Reactions: BBUK
It is really too much weight no matter the type for his body to carry doing what he will have to be doing. The joints will go...

But do they go after he is crazy good for 10 years? Let's all remember the guy is like 19-20 years old.

Maybe he just has a shorter but stellar career. Or maybe he sucks and I'm wrong. I don't care either way...damnit, I'm going to bed. Kids soccer in the morning, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT