ADVERTISEMENT

Zion officially 6-6.....across

It'll be fun to check back on this thread in a few years. Edit: not saying anything about your comment in particular, it was just the most recent here.
Agreed. No matter how you feel watching this kid over the next few years is going to be interesting. We talk about him cause physics and everything else screams injury waiting to happen, no way can he become what the media and the world is hyping him up to become. Yet each time he steps on the floor he amazes the world and defies logic.

I hope his body does hold up and we get to watch his career develop . not saying he will become this all world player but I am saying he will have everyone watching.

Reactions: Blueaz
Seems like a fantastic young man I dont understand how some couldnt like him (Other than that he went to dUKe).

Hope he stays healthy because his God given gifts are amazing to see on the court.

He could average 25 or more this year. He will live at the line.

exactly. Everyone on here loves him before he picked Duke. Not liking him while there is somewhat understandable, the other name calling stuff is just not understandable. Those people really hated his first game likely despised his game last night of 29pts. Likely say “it’s just preseason” even thought it’s against the first unit playing hard

Seems like a fantastic young man I dont understand how some couldnt like him (Other than that he went to dUKe).

Hope he stays healthy because his God given gifts are amazing to see on the court.

He could average 25 or more this year. He will live at the line.

I don't know of a single Kentucky poster here who dislikes him in particular. Now, it's pretty much a given that his recruitment to Duke was shady. And if his career becomes HOF-like, it will only push the CoachK/Duke narrative further.

So while I have no ill-will towards Zion, and he seems like a good dude.. yeah, I'm rooting against him. I hope he misses every shot. I hope his career goes nowhere.

You don't root for a coworker to get a promotion do you?

Even though we hate him and he got a 1,000,000 house to go to Duke, the guy will be a superstar if his knees hold up. Had 28 on 12/13 from the field tonight. He could be an allstar this season.
This...everything hinges on his knees (hey, figuratively and literally)staying healthy

So while I have no ill-will towards Zion, and he seems like a good dude.. yeah, I'm rooting against him. I hope he misses every shot. I hope his career goes nowhere.

You don't root for a coworker to get a promotion do you?[/QUOTE]

Lol.. wth lineskucat14 :)

No I'll will, seems like a good dude...

Then...

Hope he misses every shot and career goes nowhere... Dang dude!! Lol

When it’s all said and done Zion if he remains healthy will be one of the top 5 players in the NBA in 3-5 years.

Go back to decision day posts. LOOOTS of people taking personal shots some of which embarrassing coming from a grown up towards a teenager who’s done nothing to them personally

I don't know of a single Kentucky poster here who dislikes him in particular. Now, it's pretty much a given that his recruitment to Duke was shady. And if his career becomes HOF-like, it will only push the CoachK/Duke narrative further.

Proud of the young man. He continues to prove his detractors wrong.
Zion's main flaw is he played for a fake and phony Rat Faced Bastard of a coach. Now that he and his family are out of that tiny million dollar house that Dook provided form him when he signed there and into something much more suitable , he can concentrate on basketball.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Yeah, I mean it sucked to see us get throttled last year but watching that guy in person was mind blowing. He truly is one of a kind. Sucks he had to go to Duke of any school...literally anywhere else would have been tolerable and I mean anywhere.
What really sucks is K and Duke paid for him and the NCAA turns a blind eye.

The question then, is if he's so one dimensional, why couldn't anyone on the college level even come close to stopping him? His stats were unprecedented. He closed out the season with a 7 game ACC/NCAA Tournament stretch in which he averaged 26.4 ppg on 67% shooting.

He's certainly going to need to expand his skills. That's true of every single player who's ever come into the NBA, at least for the last 30-40 years. But the ability to smoke defenders off the dribble, which he very clearly has, has been the foundation for many of the greatest player in NBA history. What separated Michael Jordan when he came in the league? Or Kobe? Or LeBron? None of them were really great shooters. What makes Giannis Antetokounmpo so good? Definitely not shooting.

Zion is a 280 lbs athletic force of nature that handles the ball like a guard. That is not a guarantee of a HOF career, but it's one hell of a building block for that.
“Force of nature”. SMH.
How many posters of him do you have?

Yeah, I’d say there is something wrong with this mindset.

“Force of nature”. SMH.
How many posters of him do you have?
You want to act like an idiot about this, knock yourself out. You're already looking like a total moron, blinded by blatantly obvious biases, and the regular season hasn't even started yet.

He's a freak athlete, and it's obvious. He's also highly likely to be an All-Star caliber player, possibly starting this year.

Reality denial based on some misguided sense of team loyalty gets ridiculous after a certain point.

Money came from Duke and K for Zion? Nah highly unlikely
Yeah, it was more likely funneled through Nike and an agent. Maybe a Duke booster somewhere in the background to set up the housing situation for the family.

K, of course, knew nothing. I mean, you've got 12-13 guys on the roster. How is anyone supposed to know where they're living, or what kind of car they're driving?

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Money came from Duke and K for Zion? Nah highly unlikely
Nike money. I mean he and Bagley lives in a $750,000-1,000,000 dollar home so... And it’s kinda funny before Bagley went to Duke I believe his parents total combined income was around $45,000 a year. But nothing to see in either case.

You want to act like an idiot about this, knock yourself out. You're already looking like a total moron, blinded by blatantly obvious biases, and the regular season hasn't even started yet.

He's a freak athlete, and it's obvious. He's also highly likely to be an All-Star caliber player, possibly starting this year.

Reality denial based on some misguided sense of team loyalty gets ridiculous after a certain point.
YOU called him a "force of nature"...you are the one who looks like the idiot, or a nuthuggin moron...
No one in the universe, but a fan-boy; is calling him a "force of nature"
giphy.gif

Yes. Nobody dislikes him.

We dislike the cheating that got him to duke. We dislike the insane hype train that Nike and ESPN ran.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
YOU called him a "force of nature"...you are the one who looks like the idiot, or a nuthuggin moron...
No one in the universe, but a fan-boy; is calling him a "force of nature"
giphy.gif
There are a lot of 285 lbs guys who are as quick as he is, and jump like he does?

Okey-doke, dipsh**.

I would also call guys like Shaq and LeBron athletic forces of nature. Sorry if that phraseology offends your delicate sensibilities. But anyone stupid enough to compare Zion to some 5'11" guy with impressive YouTube dunking videos isn't particularly likely to offer a particularly insightful opinion on the subject. Which you have amply proven in this thread.

Yes. Nobody dislikes him.

We dislike the cheating that got him to duke. We dislike the insane hype train that Nike and ESPN ran.

I dislike him and his Daddy for enabling K by stringing along Cal and UK to where they lost out on possible other recruits. I don't like him or his Daddy a bit.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
There are a lot of 285 lbs guys who are as quick as he is, and jump like he does?

Okey-doke, dipsh**.

I would also call guys like Shaq and LeBron athletic forces of nature. Sorry if that phraseology offends your delicate sensibilities. But anyone stupid enough to compare Zion to some 5'11" guy with impressive YouTube dunking videos isn't particularly likely to offer a particularly insightful opinion on the subject. Which you have amply proven in this thread.
you are really pissed off about this...
giphy.gif

name calling and stalking over your hyperbole of "force of nature".

If I wouldn't get banned I would sink to your level, and make you taste, like it and beg me to stop...or was that you last night with Zion?

When it’s all said and done Zion if he remains healthy will be one of the top 5 players in the NBA in 3-5 years.

Joints do not hold up that way on the human body. IF he holds up and plays well for five years you can color me impressed.

you are really pissed off about this...
giphy.gif

name calling and stalking over your hyperbole of "force of nature".

If I wouldn't get banned I would sink to your level, and make you taste, like it and beg me to stop...or was that you last night with Zion?
Yeah, you're obviously all class, dipsh**.

Stalking? Do you have some serious psychological issues?

You've made a series of idiotic posts here, and you're making a pathetic effort to portray me as some drooling Zion fanboy simply because I'm willing to acknowledge that he's a truly spectacular athlete with a ton of potential.

Boo hoo for you that I don't respond in a friendly manner.

Bye-bye now.

I don’t care if he is 5’6. The man can play basketball. Now whether he can remain injury free is another matter.

A BIG matter. If he doesn't find a way to get at least thirty pounds off that frame he won't last. He can't.

1. I have no idea why people think his weight is an issue. The dude is a brick wall.

2. I agree with, injuries may be a concern.

3. For his size he is the most athletic guy in the NBA now, today. His agility, foot speed, leaping ability and instincts are phenomenal.

For all of the above, I think his shot is the most concerning. It is a poor man's Sam Perkins shot. He has to get that fixed if he wants to be great.

Joints, joints, joints...he had better start taking some Glucosamine, chondroitin, omega-3, and green tea by the truck load....

Last edited:
Ha, love that movie.

Yeah, I think we agree a lot on the above. I actually said injuries could be a concern in my first post. But it is like that for a lot of guys who's primary attribute is their athleticism.

Look at a guy like Westbrook. If he blew a knee out and lost his burst and first step he wouldn't be half the player he is.

I am not sure if Zion will be great or not. I think he has a lot of talent but also has some short comings (shot) being one, that need to be addressed for him to reach full potential.

My initial response really revolved around his weight. I just think people who are harping about his weight are looking for a reason to call him out for something. I mean if you look at the guy it is plain as day that he isn't fat.

Weight and fat are not mutually inclusive. Human joints can't sustain that type weight. they just can't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT