ADVERTISEMENT

Zero confidence in Cal’s….

I think he actually coached a good game today. Problem is he takes too many games off. He seems to coach better and show more fire when he's got his back to the wall. But it shouldn't come to that.
Comments like this are the ones that piss me off. You make it to where he can't win. If he does a good job, it is because his back is against the wall because the fans are up his ass. Not matter what though, he can't win. Can you just decide to be a legit UK fan, watch the games and cheer and hope that our team succeeds or do you have to complain about something no matter who we beat or by how much? We just went into Tennessee's home court, 4th ranked team in the country, and beat them. Drink a beer, get in the hot tub with your wife, or do whatever you do when you are happy. It was a good day. No reason to complain about our coach today.

Cal did not make Reed slip, he did not make Rob make a stupid, dumb pass, and did not make Antonio forget to dribble, call a timeout or pass it to Reed. Blaming Cal for those last 30 or so seconds is extremely lazy. My take is that despite all of the haters here, Cal has put these kids in a position where they are able to compete with anyone. Kids like Edwards that most wanted to kick to the curb a month ago are showing that they are an important part of our team. It is going to take all of them. Matchups create opportunities and Ugo took advantage defensively of his opportunity today. DJ fouled out, which hurt, because if he hadn't fouled out, Rob most likely would have been sitting and not made that stupid pass late. We have a solid club that has a chance for a run, so all of the people that want to just complain about our coach, I really wish you would be quiet until the season is over. And after our run, I wish you would all just admit you were wrong, and then leave.

Yeah, Cal told Reed to slip and Reeves to just hold the ball and get that 10 second violation 🙄

so does his coaching get credit for the 59 minutes before that to put us in a posotion where even several bad plays cant beat us
He gets credit for the good, the bad and the ugly. Great win, clean up what needs cleaning, unless he liked the ending.

One of our turnovers, the 5 second call.

The team inbounding has 5 seconds in which to release the ball towards the court. The ball had been released and was on the court when Terry Ogelsby made the call. Complete BS. Once the bow is released, he should stop counting.

Cal at the end of the game:

Season 3 Ok GIF by The Simpsons

Look Cal is not good at drawing up stuff but some of this is on players and just being Freshman
Reed is not a true point guard but has to play it because Rob is wilder than hell throwing over the shoulder bullets and always running to corners to get trapped - hell he didn’t even put DJ in on some of the press break stuff cause he can’t handle it - We saw Reeves freak out
We simply don’t have a Fox - Wall - Ulis on this team
The BLOB plays under our basket have been better this season but we reverted yesterday to the 4man lifting arm UT scouted it and attacked it
Cals biggest weakness outside of no multiple defenses is dead ball inbounds stuff on both ends

Inbounding under our own basket against a good defensive team is a real issue as well. Makes me nervous.
That should be a time when you can score a couple of easy baskets per game. Other teams do it against us.

Inbounding under our own basket against a good defensive team is a real issue as well. Makes me nervous.
That should be a time when you can score a couple of easy baskets per game. Other teams do it against us.
Yep, literally just about cost us the game yesterday, and have cost us them this year, which is why a 2 seed is out of play.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Yeah, Cal told Reed to slip and Reeves to just hold the ball and get that 10 second violation 🙄
He’s just pissed like that idiot Macy666 or whatever. Cal ruined there Saturday nights they’ve had planned all week if we lost last night. To of the most miserable SOB’s on this board by far. I hope both of them got really drunk because of how much they hated this win and woke up with the worst hangover in the history of mankind!!

So when we win, it’s the players executing. But when they don’t execute, and we lose, it’s Cal.

Got it.
Explain a lack of inbounds play, remember the old Joe B run out play, this is not something brand new we see it every season.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Ran it, and didn't throw it yesterday actually
You would think a College team could get the ball up the floor and as I mentioned this isn't anything new we have been seeing it for years 11 up with 56 seconds left and turnover after turnover it was nothing short of amazing they didn't pull it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT