ADVERTISEMENT

Z to Arkansas

But he does owe it to them AND himself to meet with them. It’s not a waste of time. It IS however a good way for Mark to gauge what he’s going to need.
I honestly expect a completely new roster

I wish Z had made a different decision..but it was likely made before Mark arrived and he did do the courtesy of talking to him before jumping ship

I wish him the best he can get

Popes in a tough spot when it comes to recruiting battles right now. First thing I’m saying as an opposing coach is “Hes never even won a tourney game” … “How many players has he put in the league?”

He will have to sell recruits on himself and UK for a bit til the wins and the draft picks come along. I’m not sure how this first year will go, but look for the second to be much improved.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Popes in a tough spot when it comes to recruiting battles right now. First thing I’m saying as an opposing coach is “Hes never even won a tourney game” … “How many players has he put in the league?”

He will have to sell recruits on himself and UK for a bit til the wins and the draft picks come along. I’m not sure how this first year will go, but look for the second to be much improved.
Getting draft picks is not going to just happen for Pope. He’s going to struggle with top 40 guys unless UK can get 2 million more in NIL. He needs to just plug in Perry guys this year and try to be SEC Purdue.

You guys chased out a national title winner who brought in the best players available every single year. You’re going to find out the hard way why that was a bad idea lmao.

Welcome to Indiana tier lads. Sit back and enjoy the show. I’ll be loving it
lewd blow me GIF

UK fans pay for a giant billboard and this is the thanks they get.
So because a few fans pitched in for a billboard the kid should make a decision he feels is not in his best interest? You guys acting like the players personally owe you something has never sat right with me. He came here to play for Cal and feels that continuing to play for Cal will help his future. There is literally nothing wrong with that.

Getting draft picks is not going to just happen for Pope. He’s going to struggle with top 40 guys unless UK can get 2 million more in NIL. He needs to just plug in Perry guys this year and try to be SEC Purdue.

If (big If) Reed returns and if he brings over Jaxson Robinson. Thats at least two future league players that he can add to his recruiting pitch going into year 2.

Not that we want to be an NBA factory again, but you have to at least be somewhat respectable in that area to show it can be done playing for you.

Right now, he can only real sell himself, UK, NIL, and his BYU system and find the best guys out there that it appeals to.

You guys chased out a national title winner who brought in the best players available every single year. You’re going to find out the hard way why that was a bad idea lmao.

You mean welcome to having an actual program again that isn't a laughing stock run by a lying used car salesmen. Go back to Arkansas

Funny meme. I’ll be laughing at it next year when you get stomped by double digits at home next year lmao.
Kind of hard to be afraid of that when we've already been going through that with can't Coach Cal setting all time low records for home losses and more already. Being dead serious here,....do you really think we're worried about him after going through that, the absolute worst performance in history at our school.....Do you believe we are we really wanting that back?-.... are you being serious right now.......

So because a few fans pitched in for a billboard the kid should make a decision he feels is not in his best interest? You guys acting like the players personally owe you something has never sat right with me. He came here to play for Cal and feels that continuing to play for Cal will help his future. There is literally nothing wrong with that.
It'll be his loss in the end. Pope’s offense was tailor made for him.

Deep breath. Other than Bradshaw that’s where they are all going. That was part of Cals’s contract to bring all recruits and all other players from UK. Tyson is going to bank roll him to do this. Cal is nothing but an agent running a G league. Arkansas will figure it out. Let’s let Coach Pope have some time. Honestly next year may be a struggle to make the tournament but what has the last 4 years given us.
I know but I had hoped maybe 1 or 2 of them that were here would strongly consider it. Just sucks. We all loved that dude and he just leaves so easy right after 1 meeting with Pope.

Z said he did meet with Pope and it went good but after he told them he wouldn’t be back. Said he’s going with Cal because he wants to win a championship and go to the league. According to Z nobody does those two things better than Cal lol 😂
That just shows me he never intended to give it a real shot. I don’t even know why he met with him. Just a parting shot from Cal.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Funny meme. I’ll be laughing at it next year when you get stomped by double digits at home next year lmao.
I’ll be laughing when Indiana loses 12 games and finish’s 8th in the Big 18 again for the 20th time in the last 25 years. You may win next year’s game because of how late we are getting a start and have literally 1 player. Make no mistake that after he builds a team you won’t win squat, and we will continue to own you like we have for 80 years.

I’m actually glad. Z never did anything other than a behind the back pass. Cal stuck with him and that was cool. I see no future for Z in American basketball, truly. I doubted his ability and still do. I’m glad that he went with him honestly.

I’m actually glad. Z never did anything other than a behind the back pass. Cal stuck with him and that was cool. I see no future for Z in American basketball, truly. I doubted his ability and still do. I’m glad that he went with him honestly.
He definitely fits modern basketball very well. I don’t see how it’s possible not to see that. I’m only mad because it felt like he may actually give it a legit shot. He already has his mind made, he was here even last night posting pics and he has a great meeting and thinks Pope will kill it, then immediately says I informed them I’m leaving peace! That isn’t a legit chance or Meeting. Just another setup for Cal to make recruiting noise and to take a last shot as us.

I have to say I have lost a lot of respect for him.
Why? I would love him to stay. He is actually the player I most wanted back.

But he left his home in ANOTHER COUNTRY to play for Cal. Did you not think he would go from Kentucky to Arkansas?

He is a kid trying to be comfortable and have basketball take him where he wants to go.

He has to do what he thinks is best. Even if we don't think it's best

He definitely fits modern basketball very well. I don’t see how it’s possible not to see that. I’m only mad because it felt like he may actually give it a legit shot. He already has his mind made, he was here even last night posting pics and he has a great meeting and thinks Pope will kill it, then immediately says I informed them I’m leaving peace! That isn’t a legit chance or Meeting. Just another setup for Cal to make recruiting noise and to take a last shot as us.
You’re prolly right. I’m just glad to see the suckers leave. I have nothing for him. He was what Cal conceived as a UK player. He is not. Good riddance Z. You never mattered.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah I don't think this will age well.

That dude was built in a lab for modern basketball

You’re prolly right. I’m just glad to see the suckers leave. I have nothing for him. He was what Cal conceived as a UK player. He is not. Good riddance Z. You never mattered.
Me too, I just hoped him not being from here may have made a difference. Apparently every kid Cal recruits sells their soul to him.

Reactions: The Snoke
Kyle Wiltjer 2.0. Cal doesn't know how to coach a talented big who plays on the perimeter. Skai also... just tried to force him into the post.

Reactions: WayneDougan

Cal was past his prime. Getting talent doesn't matter if you aren't winning. We aren't Indiana. We will win again soon.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT