ADVERTISEMENT

Z to Arkansas

🤣🤣🤣🤣We lost St Peter’s and Oakland in the first round of the NCAA Tournament with “ the best players available every single year”. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣something must be wrong losing to community colleges. I’ll file your name. Thanks.

Z came to UK because he bought Cal’s message, “Come here because I’m the best at making pros.” He is a true believer. Being from overseas might strengthen it out of naive ignorance and lack of social infrastructure in the states.

Why? I would love him to stay. He is actually the player I most wanted back.

But he left his home in ANOTHER COUNTRY to play for Cal. Did you not think he would go from Kentucky to Arkansas?

He is a kid trying to be comfortable and have basketball take him where he wants to go.

He has to do what he thinks is best. Even if we don't think it's best
Sure, he can do what he thinks is best for him……that’s a given……I would have thought sitting his ass on the bench all year and watching the” master” lose to Oakland would have opened his eyes. To think the guy wore Dan Issels number…….Oakland's coach could beat Cal with either team.

Wanted him back the most. Cal will probably screw it up with him just like here.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Moral of the story is careful what you wish for we are losing everyone we could had a nice team next year.
Oh I am sure some day it will be ok but it won't likely be next year.
Cal left us. Barnhart have every intention of bringing him back.

You sound so weak. What did you want fans to do, not want to win or have expectations?

This one's on Cal. We couldn't win, and even when he was being retained, he left under the cover of darkness. That's on Calipari. You'd do well to see it the right way.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cal was past his prime. Getting talent doesn't matter if you aren't winning. We aren't Indiana. We will win again soon.
You’ve got a booster baby nostalgia hire with no resume of winning anything at all but a game at Kansas. No history of getting players to the league. He’s also getting paid way too much.

Hard to see how you guys compete. NIL helps but youre second tier at 4 million and the players are very aware that the lottery is worth way more than anything in college.

Wanted him back the most. Cal will probably screw it up with him just like here.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
Ivisic played 12 minutes a game
Ugo played 18 miuntues a game
Bradshaw played 14 minutes a game

I know minutes were different down the stretch a bit but.....

Oakland - 13 minutes
Texas AM - 16 mintues
Tennessee 8 minutes

Cal never committed to Ivisic even when Ugo was putting up his 2 pts , 6 rebounds, 2 blocks empty stats. So if the kid wants to follow that crap coaching to Arkansas....it's his decision. Now Welch's offensive input is not even on the Arkansas bench....so I'd look for more Cal bully ball crap-tastic offensive sets.

Good luck to you Big Z....but this move made not a ton of sense.

Z going to the Hogs tells me a lot about cal and next year. unless he spends the summer eating gaining weight and puking on the floor hes gonna average 3 points and 2 rebounds and not have a clue how to play defense. Cal aint winning jack at Arkansas and there will be zero player development there. Were going farther than them in the tourney next year.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
I was hoping he'd come back..seems like a perfect fit for Pope's offense..oh well...i wish him the best, except when he plays us. when that happens, I wish him the worst!

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Z going to the Hogs tells me a lot about cal and next year. unless he spends the summer eating gaining weight and puking on the floor hes gonna average 3 points and 2 rebounds and not have a clue how to play defense. Cal aint winning jack at Arkansas and there will be zero player development there. Were going farther than them in the tourney next year.
Absolutely horrible offensive spacing and sets will limit big Z. He has to know the difference and still rolled with the cow, because the cow convinced him that he is the ONLY way to the NBA....

Z said he did meet with Pope and it went good but after he told them he wouldn’t be back. Said he’s going with Cal because he wants to win a championship and go to the league. According to Z nobody does those two things better than Cal lol 😂
What the F - championship of what??? His 'fraud' coach did not even win a NCAA game much less fight for a title!! I really liked Z's game but that statement tells me that he is not dealing with reality!

While I wish him well and didn’t expect him to stay, his comment “With all that being said, I made the lifetime decision to come to college for few reasons. Main ones to win a national championship and go to the NBA. Monumental part of that decision was coach Cal, and no one does both of those at the same time than him” appears to be leaving out a word. I’ll insert an X where the word appears to be missing (as certainly Big Z knows that other coaches who win championships also send players to the NBA):
and no one does both of those at the same time X than him.”
More? Better? More frequently? What “X than him (Cal)? It’s like the writer was trying to find a descriptive word but nothing was fitting and waited to come back and forgot.

It is sad to me that when he thought of winning championships it wasn’t UK he thought of, but Cal. Hopefully that mindset will change for potential players, as UK is bigger than any one coach. Do potential players know that Cal didn’t win a National Championship until he came to Kentucky?

Also, is it appropriate to use “Woo Pig Sooie!!!” as the final thing you say to the BBN?

Last edited:
Never saw Big Z play a game, his stats are very underwhelming. Unless other fans can shed some light on why he should stay, like a high energy guy, defensive stoper or some other intangibles he has I don't see why it's that big of a loss, then again I'm ignorant to this situation.

Never saw Big Z play a game, his stats are very underwhelming. Unless other fans can shed some light on why he should stay, like a high energy guy, defensive stoper or some other intangibles he has I don't see why it's that big of a loss, then again I'm ignorant to this situation.
I think he needs a lot of coaching, which he won't get in Cal's system, but seemed to have a pure shot from three and gets pushed around in the paint. He had very little conditioning and would need to improve a great deal there ... again, Cal won't help him there. I feel sorry for the guy in a lot of ways, as he thinks he needs to latch onto Cal being from Europe and not having any real resources in the US. Seems like a good kid ... I wish him the best and believe his very best option would have been to stay at UK. Of course I am assuming CMP wanted him. Who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT