ADVERTISEMENT

Z to Arkansas

This is Z's journey; he is young and doing what he thinks is in his best interest. I personally think he is making a mistake. Only time will tell.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Either you want to play here or you don’t. I’d you don’t I assure you someone will be glad to take that spot. Would’ve loved for Z to stay, but it is what it is.

But he's wrong. He would shine in Pope's system.
He may be wrong, but that’s what he signed up for when he moved half way around the world. He wants to get to draft night as fast as possible. Who has the reputation for making that happen?

No, I don’t think that’s the best way to win championships. We did need another voice. Cal is going to space out the announcements of his transfers to try and win the PR battle.
I’m not going to be angry with any player who follows him. Our current players didn’t sign up to play for UK. That was just a jersey to them like an AAU jersey.

That part will change moving ahead.

Moral of the story is careful what you wish for we are losing everyone we could had a nice team next year.
Oh I am sure some day it will be ok but it won't likely be next year.

Kentucky invested a lot time and resources for Z, really tried hard to get him eligible, fans even chipped in to help with the billboard. You have to think Pope wanted him to stay but nobody really knows, in the end his loyalty to Cal won out, or NIL money and that did. This shows you Kentucky didn't mean as much to him as we thought. He couldn't stay on the floor long enough here to make much of a difference with his defense, it seemed like every big man that we played against pushed him around easy. That being said I still wanted him to stay, this is what Pope means when he talks about guys that fit.

Well, when we play them hopefully someone can fill Pope in on the brilliant play called “the pump fake” Cal doesn’t coach and big Z might be the worst ever to fall for it. He will be out of the game in 2 minutes.

Sucks.

Watch Wagner, Fland, and Z all play like all-conference level players next season for Arkansas. Quaintance as well.

Cal will be reinvigorated.
He may be reinvigorated, but think of the talent he squandered over the last 10 years and didn’t make a Final 4! The talent will be there, but his roster management and coaching won’t be🤷‍♂️

Moral of the story is careful what you wish for we are losing everyone we could had a nice team next year.
Good thing you have your other teams…

Huh? Literally everyone (except you apparently) thought he would go with Cal
One of these days (or perhaps never), you'll realize JFCats22 is not "everyone".

I believe most around here thought he would go pro or back to Europe. I saw no large volume of posts that thought he'd go with Cal, especially given how Cal treated him after he was eligible.

I don’t really expect Pope to get anyone for next year. Too big of an unknown for the top recruits/transfers right now. Bigger question for me though is can Pope sell or not…so far no
There are several good players in the portal from Big 12 schools. They know Pope so maybe that will lead to some transfers.

Reactions: Fox2monk
One of these days (or perhaps never), you'll realize JFCats22 is not "everyone".

I believe most around here thought he would go pro or back to Europe. I saw no large volume of posts that thought he'd go with Cal, especially given how Cal treated him after he was eligible.
“Around here” is not the real world.after he announced he was in the portal every analyst said he would go to Arkansas with Cal.

Also, how did Cal “treat him”? That notion that Cal treated him poorly is beyond dumb

He was so terrible to Z that Z referred to him as a father and is following him to freaking Fayetteville. Must have been brutal for him.

He may be wrong, but that’s what he signed up for when he moved half way around the world. He wants to get to draft night as fast as possible. Who has the reputation for making that happen?

No, I don’t think that’s the best way to win championships. We did need another voice. Cal is going to space out the announcements of his transfers to try and win the PR battle.
I’m not going to be angry with any player who follows him. Our current players didn’t sign up to play for UK. That was just a jersey to them like an AAU jersey.

It's definitely a business decision. Who has a cell phone full of NBA contacts, Pope or Cal ???

The total purge will be as forgotten as the next batch of 1 and dones before long.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm just gonna say a couple things...

1. Ivisic following Cal is not surprising. It should not be surprising to anyone. He picked UK based on Cal's reputation for getting guys to the NBA quickly, not for the University of Kentucky. He doesn't know Pope or UK's history because Cal didn't instill that in him, just NBA dreams. He's still following Calipari. Who else does he even know in Kentucky? Good luck to him except when he plays UK.

2. You guys are gonna drive yourself, and everyone else here, nuts if you follow the transition to Pope and building a team play by play and react as you go. We gotta give this some time to work itself out. There are gonna be some more difficult things coming. This was expected. Coaches transitioning often means exactly what we're seeing. But there will be good news coming as well. Gotta be patient.

We had a nice team this year and they won jack squat, why would it have been any different next year?

Kentucky invested a lot time and resources for Z, really tried hard to get him eligible, fans even chipped in to help with the billboard. You have to think Pope wanted him to stay but nobody really knows, in the end his loyalty to Cal won out, or NIL money and that did. This shows you Kentucky didn't mean as much to him as we thought. He couldn't stay on the floor long enough here to make much of a difference with his defense, it seemed like every big man that we played against pushed him around easy. That being said I still wanted him to stay, this is what Pope means when he talks about guys that fit.

I remember it quite differently than you.

Hate to see Z go. Cal will have a talented roster. He always does. But most of the offense from this season's team is headed to the NBA...not Arkansas.

Hopefully Pope can put together a competitive roster with limited time. The uncertainty sucks, but it is what it is.

So the goof was never about UK. And apparently isn't intelligent enough to learn multiple sets. Hope we destroy him. And fvck Calipari for what he's done to the University of Kentucky basketball program. No doubt Calipari is badmouthing UK.
Based on the past few years, Cal sure as hell can't let his results on the court do the talking for him.

Cal left us.....not the other way around. Hell, he was cheating on us in February. He met Arky in a HOTEL ROOM in Phoenix like a whore.

It's going to be rough for a bit, but the culture is a million times better with out Cal.

The Cal holdovers are likely just wasting Popes time. Hopefully he isn’t dedicated much time and effort trying to keep them that could be focused toward portal guys.
But he does owe it to them AND himself to meet with them. It’s not a waste of time. It IS however a good way for Mark to gauge what he’s going to need.
I honestly expect a completely new roster

I wish Z had made a different decision..but it was likely made before Mark arrived and he did do the courtesy of talking to him before jumping ship

I wish him the best he can get

The only reason Calipari “has the reputation for making that happen” is because Calipari recruits 50 five star players every year lol. He doesn’t build teams. He literally used Kentucky as a g league farm. This is a fact.

Calipari most certainly does not develop players.

Z is truly going to have a better chance of going to the NBA by going to Arkansas Over UK or UNC or Houston or Purdue or any other good school?

Let the kid follow Cal to Arkansas and wish him well. It is what it is. One thing about it, when he’s in the game against us our big men should be able to score on him. He will struggle defensively

Reactions: CatsDomain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT