• Tony Bennett-Virginia

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Frank Vogel-LA Lakers

Votes: 13 6.4%

• Total voters

TOMCATS1990

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2019
John Calipari decides to get out of Lexington after this season, Brad Stevens, Mark Few, Jay Wright and Billy Donavan all out of the running for the job who you targeting and why AD?

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
AW Hamilton should be on the list. He's done a good job at building

I know your post disqualifies probably the four hottest names, but purely for hypothetical purposes, at our current $9 million a year, wouldn't one of them jump? I only mention that specific figure since that's what we're paying for this mess anyway, although I wouldn't think we'd be paying someone such a price on day one.

I know your post disqualifies probably the four hottest names, but purely for hypothetical purposes, at our current $9 million a year, wouldn't one of them jump? I only mention that specific figure since that's what we're paying for this mess anyway, although I wouldn't think we'd be paying someone such a price on day one.
Very well may get one of those 4 not listed but hypothetically they all say no the poll has some pretty good candidates on it.

Whoever has the highest win percentage. Winners find a way to win.

Most of those guys people are high on for one reason or another but none of them have incredible track records. I don’t want a coach who has gone 64% in 10 years in a bad conference.

Mark Pope - nope. Yet to make an NCAA tournament.
Chris Beard - best candidate on the list imo. Don’t know a ton about his personality. Only issue might be the pressure at UK.
Scott Drew - has only made it past the first weekend (lost in the Sweet 16) once in the past 6 years. Needs more NCAA tourney success.
Richard Pitino - nope. 1 NCAA tournament win in his coaching history.
Travis Steele - nope. Yet to have a winning conference record at XU.
Chris Holtmann - nope. Hasn’t made it out of the first weekend yet at Ohio State.
Bruce Pearl - unsure. I like him as a coach...not sure about him as the guy at UK.
Nate Oats - unsure. Too early. Not sure we need to be taking a chance on an up and comer.
Tony Bennett - unsure. His record speaks for itself, but he has been all or nothing to me the tournament. Would get run out of town imo.
Frank Vogel - unsure. How good would he be at make the transition to recruiting (and he’s not leaving the Lakers anyway)

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
AW Hamilton should be on the list. He's done a good job at building
Thanks to ESPN+, I have been watching AW and his Colonels play this year. He has done a good job. They have hit the wall the last two games losing to Austin Peay and Murray at home after defeating both on their home courts. On the post game show last night Matt Jones, who I am not a big fan of, made a statement that I totally agree with. He said he believed that UK needed to sign 2 Kentucky kids a year who are going to stay four years that bring basketball skills to the table, mix them, with national 4 or 5 stars that can play, and you have stability and success. He used Hawkins and Willis as the example that convinced him of that. AW is really plugged into Ky high school basketball. He could bring in the best in the state. He has never recruited nationally...He'd have the resources and the name on the front of the jersey to bring in the the best out of state.

Cal didnt cheat. NCAA cleared cal and none violation were recruiting related to begin with

Keep telling yourself that

Cal had a shady past pre-UK just like Pearl

Gotta cheat your way to the top, but once there, you enjoy the riches and don’t have to take risks/chances

Pearl would kill it here. No doubt

Cast your vote. I too think Pearl would be the best all around hire. However with his baggage and I don’t know all the specifics voted Holtmann. He 49 runs a great system and grew up a KY fan in Nicholasville and knows BBN as well as any coach can.

Vogel. He’s coaching the top franchise in basketball, with arguably the greatest player ever (MJ is better) and Anthony Davis. I’m sure he will head right over.
On the other hand, he is a UK guy. Of the list provided, only Mark Pope understands the program as does Vogel. I am sure that they both follow from afar. I am sure that they keep in touch with their teammates during their time here and understand that the top priority of winning SEC and National Championships is a third priority under the current head coach. My guess that not only their former teammates but the other past players going back to Rupp years, and the big buck people, who be totally united in getting things back on track. It is not that others on the list could not get it back on track, but they would have to catch up

AITWDZACORGMJBECG2RS3UJMIE.jpg

I would hire the sham wow guy.

If you cant get Mark Few away from Gonzaga then UK basketball has taken a huge image hit. My pipe dream has and always will be Brad Stevens, If you offered him the contract Cal has now I think he'd at least think about it. It's almost triple his current salary and boston fans aren't as in love with him as they used to be.

I seriously don't understand why ppl want Steele or Holtman, both have proven nothing in the NCAAT. Holtman has 1 sweet 16. Steele has never even made the tournament.

Bruce Pearl makes my skin crawl.

I guess I'd be fine with Beard. I guess.

Reactions: drcats2013
My first choice is Chris Beard. What's everyone think about bringing back Kenny Payne? Things have sure went to hell in a hand basket since he left.

Reactions: westerncat
Pearl would kill it here.

Awesome personality for media and to rengage the fans.

Can recruit, fun style, players love him and play hard for him.

And still has the passion/hunger/inner drive to win a NCAA Title, not worry about generational poverty.
Yeah and we would forfeit whatever accomplishment that he had done with the ncaa

Scott Drew would be unbelievable if not Chris Holtmann
If Calapari leaves this year as I hope - one of those will be next Head Coach

Keep telling yourself that

Cal had a shady past pre-UK just like Pearl

Gotta cheat your way to the top, but once there, you enjoy the riches and don’t have to take risks/chances

Pearl would kill it here. No doubt

Actually that a complete and total fabrication. No data exists to back it up.
Pearl on the other hand is a self admitted chest. The guy is nothing but scum. I prefer years like this year as opposed to having cheating filth as a coach.

On the other hand, he is a UK guy. Of the list provided, only Mark Pope understands the program as does Vogel. I am sure that they both follow from afar. I am sure that they keep in touch with their teammates during their time here and understand that the top priority of winning SEC and National Championships is a third priority under the current head coach. My guess that not only their former teammates but the other past players going back to Rupp years, and the big buck people, who be totally united in getting things back on track. It is not that others on the list could not get it back on track, but they would have to catch up
I’d give a bet of 10,000 to one odds that Vogel wouldn’t even consider leaving LA for UK right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT