ADVERTISEMENT

Yenser

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
1. Still can't create holes to run
2. Missed another simple DE/DT stunt in pass rush
3. Horsey goes down and we are needing Ray to move to OG....wth?
4. Jager is low snapping quite a few snaps

So we can't develop any young OLine to replace Horsey or get into rotation. Dude is joke and looks like we made a major mistake in not sending him packing with Scangerello.

Geez, K, you've certainly got burr in your saddle re: Yenser. OL didn't dominate but Leary stayed upright for the most part (unlike Levis last year), created some decent holes for Davis especially in 2nd half. Missed some assignments but I thought they looked better than first game last year. I'm not sold on Yenser yet, either. But I'm also not calling for his head every week. If we see improvement over the next few weeks, maybe you can cut Yenser some slack. If not, I'll join you in dragging him over the coals.

So we can't develop any young OLine to replace Horsey or get into rotation. Dude is joke and looks like we made a major mistake in not sending him packing with Scangerello.
Ok, we know you don't like Yenser. Thought Ray played about as well as could be expected. Evidently you didn't see the hole he and Cox opened for Davis, even the commentators mentioned you could have drive a truck thru that hole. Seemed he and Cox did pretty well the second half.

honestly I think we’ve been terrible at recruiting the position. Remember we had no replacement for young when he left either. We just got lucky with Dare getting kicked off lsu. And since then it’s gotten worse at tackle. And we are starting to see issues at guard as well. We are going to have hit the portal hard there again. Maybe running a pro scheme in college without elite recruiting just isn’t possible

Yenser's resume is very underwhelming. He's just a few years removed from a high school assistant coach. His only experience as an o-line college coach was at Kansas and they won something like three games over three seasons during his time there. Leary was upright more today, so that's a positive. We've not been the same since our online coach died.

Yenser's resume is very underwhelming. He's just a few years removed from a high school assistant coach. His only experience as an o-line college coach was at Kansas and they won something like three games over three seasons during his time there. Leary was upright more today, so that's a positive. We've not been the same since our online coach died.

Back to yenser stole my lunch money already lol.

OL played fine but were helped a lot by much improved QB play. Davis had over 100 on just 14 carries, without any threat of QB run.

Also in wide zone they don't "create holes". They get on a man and the rb chooses the lane

Jager needs better snaps. Horsey going down is a concern.

Sheesh, shrill and completely wrong reaction. You watch the correct game bud???

Someone reading this post would think Leary got sacked a dozen times, not once! Why is it bad Ray came in for Horsey??? Our next best guard blew out his knee, Christman. Shame on Yenser for developing Ray but not someone else....really???? That isn't a rational take dude, at all.

Very Karen o line evaluation

Sheesh, shrill and completely wrong reaction. You watch the correct game bud???

Someone reading this post would think Leary got sacked a dozen times, not once! Why is it bad Ray came in for Horsey??? Our next best guard blew out his knee, Christman. Shame on Yenser for developing Ray but not someone else....really???? That isn't a rational take dude, at all.

Very Karen o line evaluation
Ray Davis hit 2 big runs in 4th qtr....I'd assume Ball St was bit gassed and injuries may have been mounting.

We sustained 2 drives the entire game......could not smash the ball down their throats in goalline. Had to get a PI call to get the TD before half.

I was down as any on Yenser last years (including Scangerello)...We'll give him the year but I don't think we control the LOS in SEC play and we become a short passing offense to sustain drives. Can it work with this schedule....I doubt it.

Ray Davis hit 2 big runs in 4th qtr....I'd assume Ball St was bit gassed and injuries may have been mounting.

We sustained 2 drives the entire game......could not smash the ball down their throats in goalline. Had to get a PI call to get the TD before half.

I was down as any on Yenser last years (including Scangerello)...We'll give him the year but I don't think we control the LOS in SEC play and we become a short passing offense to sustain drives. Can it work with this schedule....I doubt it.
Ray's last TD with 6 seconds left covered the spread, lol, gonna be some pissed gamblers on that one.

I don’t understand why we don’t go out and pay a good O line coach that’s proven. That’s exactly what made us competitive in the SEC was our line play and getting depth on the bench.

O line was much improved compared to last year. Got better.as game went on. Why would Ball St. be gassed? They dominated time of possession 39 to 21 minutes. Room for improvement definitely v but about what I expected from Game 1 with a lot of new pieces..

I gave Yenser a pass last year. I am not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet, but we have to improve a ton by Vandy game. OLine (Right side again) did not look great. Left side was fairly good to above average good. Center is a worry. Got to make better snaps and he was blown up a couple of times as well.

We did 2 yrs ago

Then Bama offered more after 1 season
I do not think he is a good oline coach either. He would not develop anyone (per reports out of UK). He played 5 or 6 guys and that was out it. We should have some issues with line play throughout the first game or two (if we are subbing a bunch like we did today, that in itself can cause minor issues. Next two weeks will tell us a bunch more.

I think that, if possible, we should try to upgrade that coaching position to the level it was with Schlarman or better (though that's not likely possible). We need to be developing as Schlarman did and at the level Schlarman did, cross-training our line for multiple positions.

WE ALSO need a GREAT recruiter for that position group. If we have that, great. If not we need to keep trying to improve there.

WE ALSO need a GREAT recruiter for that position group. If we have that, great. If not we need to keep trying to improve there.
I always wished we could have gotten Dermontti Dawson as a line coach. Has about as big of a name as you could get and actually played here. Doesn't look like he has had anything to do with football though in over a decade I believe.

I wasn't surprised at all that Ray played. He was one of the big surprises from camp, heard he earned a scholly, and was named 2nd string LT. If he is good enough to play LT he can definitely slide in and play LG and is probably going to be as good or better there then Bowles or Rodriguez.

The OL only gave up one sack but that doesn't tell the whole story. It seemed like most of Leary's passes were rushed because he was being pressured almost immediately. I need to go back and watch the game again but I remember telling myself over and over the OL pass blocking is trash again. At least Leary throws the ball away as Levis would've taken the sacks. I think that is the difference in the numbers.

He needs to go ASAP - line is still pitiful - Leary was pressured way to often against these guys - snaps were poor and the run blocking was subpar Backs had to get it on there own
He should have been canned last year
Clear to see it wasn’t Scang it’s Yesner

He’s the o-line coach this year, like it or not. His contract is up at the end of the season. He’ll either improve and produce, or he’ll be looking for a new job come January.
I hope we don’t go after USCjr’s OL coach. 😲

We gave up 1 sack. There were some hurries and it wasn't necessarily dominant up front, but it was much better and I expect they'll continue to improve as they get more familiar with each other.
The worry here is Horsey's knee injury.

I always wished we could have gotten Dermontti Dawson as a line coach. Has about as big of a name as you could get and actually played here. Doesn't look like he has had anything to do with football though in over a decade I believe.

I think he just can't move like he used to in order to be able to coach, or he'd be doing it, imo. He's a great person and talent, and people would love seeing him recruiting their kids.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Kinda OT but anybody see Bama's OL? THREE guys 350+, don't think I've ever seen that.

The OL only gave up one sack but that doesn't tell the whole story. It seemed like most of Leary's passes were rushed because he was being pressured almost immediately. I need to go back and watch the game again but I remember telling myself over and over the OL pass blocking is trash again. At least Leary throws the ball away as Levis would've taken the sacks. I think that is the difference in the numbers.
This is a pretty good recollection.... only 1 sack but he was being pressured much of the game, and pretty quickly at that...

No real push from the offensive line, consistently. Ray Davis got his 100, but 30 were on the last play of the game...

Not real impressed with Yenser

Last edited:
Reactions: seccats04
Kinda OT but anybody see Bama's OL? THREE guys 350+, don't think I've ever seen that.
The the guy doing the game said he talked to several people and asked about that. A couple guys mentioned a couple teams and he researched it and said he couldn't find nother team with 3 guys that big. May have said he couldn't find two. Theyre bigger thn the largest line in the NFL

I'm with you. The OL was a disappointment other than LG.

Ray's last TD with 6 seconds left covered the spread, lol, gonna be some pissed gamblers on that one.
Also, a pissed coach. Ball State coach had some words for Stoops on that one.

Not a good look with your first team offense still on the field with <1 minute to go in a hard fought game.

Also, a pissed coach. Ball State coach had some words for Stoops on that one.

Not a good look with your first team offense still on the field with <1 minute to go in a hard fought game.
You've spammed this bullshit 20 times today. Sucks for you being so stupid to put a bunch of money on Ball St to cover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT