ADVERTISEMENT

Yenser

You've spammed this bullshit 20 times today. Sucks for you being so stupid to put a bunch of money on Ball St to cover.
Wrong number buddy. I haven't spammed ANYTHING 20 times today.
AND, I never bet on games. You are wrong, wrong, wrong...
As usual.

Well, we'd have fans complaining about backup QB just handing off 4 times to end the game, too. Other than the possibility of injury, I had no problems with getting first team some more reps. Not like we ran a fake punt or flea flicker or threw bombs on every play. The TD run was a basic off tackle run that Davis found a seam turned it into a TD. If we'd been throwing to the end zone on the last couple of plays, I might feel differently.

Well, we'd have fans complaining about backup QB just handing off 4 times to end the game, too. Other than the possibility of injury, I had no problems with getting first team some more reps. Not like we ran a fake punt or flea flicker or threw bombs on every play. The TD run was a basic off tackle run that Davis found a seam turned it into a TD. If we'd been throwing to the end zone on the last couple of plays, I might feel differently.
True and re the Davis TD run...the OL that some here have been bitching about blasted a hole big enough to drive a truck thru. Oh wait, the Ball St D was gassed, I forgot that.

Also, a pissed coach. Ball State coach had some words for Stoops on that one.

Not a good look with your first team offense still on the field with <1 minute to go in a hard fought game.
Eh, don't wanna give up the score then don't give up the score. We were making mental errors and the guys could use the reps, it is what it is. "Running up the score" may be in bad taste when dealing with youth sports but in the big time nut up or shut up.

This is a pretty good recollection.... only 1 sack but he was being pressured much of the game, and pretty quickly at that...

No real push from the offensive line, consistently. Ray Davis got his 100, but 30 were on the last play of the game...

Not real impressed with Yenser
Got no real dog in this fight but if you aren't going to count the well blocked run plays for big gains, most OL coaches will look bad. Take that run out and his 8 per carry average drops to 6.3. Still not bad...yet the OL could certainly play better.

I thought it was interesting that the guy who came in for Horsey, Ray, was graded out as second best on OL by PFF. He could be a good one for the future. He has three years to play and good size.

It means nothing but it does put some perspective into judging an OL based upon one game.

I think everyone will agree, the 2021 OL was a good one. Their first game was against an absolutely terrible Louisiana Monroe team that had 88 yards of offense for the game.

CRod rushed 19 times for 125. Compare to Davis with 14 rushes for 112 against Ball State.

Oh, by the way, the 2021 team gave up four sacks in that game which UK won 45-10.

Reactions: Girthang
The OL only gave up one sack but that doesn't tell the whole story. It seemed like most of Leary's passes were rushed because he was being pressured almost immediately. I need to go back and watch the game again but I remember telling myself over and over the OL pass blocking is trash again. At least Leary throws the ball away as Levis would've taken the sacks. I think that is the difference in the numbers.
I hope that was Learys main issue because he wasn’t even close on throws. Anything 20+ yards wasn’t really close most of the day. The interception was a really bad short throw.

Reactions: seccats04
Kinda OT but anybody see Bama's OL? THREE guys 350+, don't think I've ever seen that.

It'll create the matchup problems we used to create when out line was elite (even if it wasn't that big). If they play Georgia, that size will give them an advantage on the ground that they didn't have with them the last few times they've played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT