ADVERTISEMENT

WR Gilmore out for at least half the year

UKSanders

All-SEC
Jan 1, 2003
According to Stoops today after the scrimmage, Gilmore is out for a while. He didn’t specify the injury, but that stinks because the coaches and other players have been speaking highly of him since the spring.

If he misses half the year, i would think the coaches would hold him out all but 4 games to ensure the redshirt year while still giving him reps.

WR position is probably ok depth wise for now, but they really don’t need to lose anyone else.

Probably means more Farrier snaps.

Plus, Anthony Brown Stephens & Brandon White.

Hopefully, they will be fine, but they really cannot afford further injuries. Even to play 3 WR sets, there is barely a 2 deep.

WRX - JR Key, JR Farrier
Slot - JR Maclin, SO White or Brown-Stephens
WRZ - JR Brown, SO Brown-Stephens,

Depth: FR David Washington, FR Gilmore (now out w/injury)

In games, the coaches have mentioned TE Anderson is athletic enough to move off the line to more of a receiver. However, to me, the roster seems a little thin overall depth wise.

Am I wrong in thinking there are usually more than 8 scholarship WRs on the roster?

Plus, Anthony Brown Stephens & Brandon White.

Hopefully, they will be fine, but they really cannot afford further injuries. Even to play 3 WR sets, there is barely a 2 deep.

WRX - JR Key, JR Farrier
Slot - JR Maclin, SO White or Brown-Stephens
WRZ - JR Brown, SO Brown-Stephens,

Depth: FR David Washington, FR Gilmore (now out w/injury)

In games, the coaches have mentioned TE Anderson is athletic enough to move off the line to more of a receiver. However, to me, the roster seems a little thin overall depth wise.

Am I wrong in thinking there are usually more than 8 scholarship WRs on the roster?
Made me think of Hal Mumme who carried 20

That's a loss becasue he was going to be an important depth piece. The receiver rotation now it's likely to be 5 and another injury is going to put them in a bind.

It sound like

Starters
Barion
Key
Maclin

Reserves
Farrier
Gilmore

Now Gilmore is out to brown/stephens is probably in the mix there

To here crickets of White is a bad omen to me. So somebody needs to at least be stable or where in big trouble if any if top three go down

It sound like

Starters
Barion
Key
Maclin

Reserves
Farrier
Gilmore

Now Gilmore is out to brown/stephens is probably in the mix there

To here crickets of White is a bad omen to me. So somebody needs to at least be stable or where in big trouble if any if top three go down
Washington had a TD catch today.

Sad to hear that about Gilmore but he is the future not the now. Fortunate our luck has held out with the key cogs right now. Gilmore will be back at the midpoint where he might be needed for depth to help us close out the year.

Washington had a TD catch today.

That’s good to hear…hopefully he can step up a bit. If nothing else, Washington is super valuable for the backup QBs to get quality reps.

Sad to hear that about Gilmore but he is the future not the now. Fortunate our luck has held out with the key cogs right now. Gilmore will be back at the midpoint where he might be needed for depth to help us close out the year.

That’s what I’m hoping as well…come back at midseason and play in 4 of the last games of the season

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT