FB Recruiting WR Camden Brown has had virtual visit with UK

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
WR Camden Brown has had virtual visit with Kentucky
lenn8vkrdudoyodssdyk

Eddie Gran is leveraging his ties in the Sunshine State to pursue a talented receiver out of South Florida in Camden Brown.

During the offseason, the 2022 standout transferred from American Heritage to St. Thomas Aquinas and has been successfully acclimating to his new surroundings.

"It's going good so far. New school, it's going good. I have to get used to it and it goes with my work ethic," he told CatsIllustrated.com.

Several programs - including Kentucky - extended early scholarships to Brown, who saw his recruitment pick up more after September 1.

Said Brown: "It's just a blessing. From the jump, all the schools that offered me are showing a lot of love. I respect those for giving me an opportunity to show my talents.

"The 6-foot-3, 175-pounder gave his thoughts on what the UK offer meant to him."When I first got the offer, it was shocking. It was a doubleheader offer; I got Indiana and Kentucky the same day. It was SEC, so I was like 'oh my gosh.' It was surprising," he said.

While Brown is in the same boat as other prospects nationally with not being able to take visits, he has hopped on a call with Gran to check out Kentucky remotely. It appears he has interest in returning in-person at some point.

"I took a virtual visit with Coach Gran. It's a nice facility; I can't wait to get up there," Brown said. While Brown does not yet have a firm grasp of which programs he wants to go visit once allowed, he does have an idea of some general concepts he wants to find at the next level.

"At this point, it really doesn't matter. Just whoever, really," he said of potential visits.

"What I'm looking for is love, trust, loyalty, and respect."Brown also provided a self-scouting report as to what he brings to the field in high school and what he'll carry to the college level.

"I'm very physical off the line, aggressive to get the ball. Athleticism is crazy. I'm just being me," he said.

Reactions: SRB242
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News