ADVERTISEMENT

WOW Bama fan on Finebaum just said...

It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen.

disgusted015.gif

Kev, I'm a little worried about you, having seen lots of your posts. With you, it's all about Marsha, Marsha, Marsha . . . .

Reactions: UKhoopCat and kev69
2 questions:

1. What was Finebaum’s response; and,
2. Is UK protesting to the league office?

In addition to the half dozen criminal calls & non-calls, anyone catch the missed false start on TAMU in OT when they were driving to score? I feel like the refs already made up their mind & didn't want to risk TAMU kicking a FG. But I deleted the DVR and haven't rewatched.

This was one of the most questionable called games I've seen in a while. Makes you think about dollars...

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It was too late by then. When the kick hit the cross bar. UK had to get a turnover. Uk defenders had no choice but try to strip the ball instead of tackling.

They should be careful what they wish for. If we can put together a passing game to go with the best RB and best defense we could be a formidable opponent.

Tua vs. our secondary would be an interesting thing to watch. Obviously they would be huge favorites but strange things happen sometimes.
I hope we play Bama , but we can't score enough to beat them...they scored 45 on A&M. 500+ yds of offense and drum roll please...400+ yds passing. It was 33-17 at halftime.

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69
The refs didn't beat us, but they damn well discouraged us.

Did I hear correctly that no one was called for holding Josh?

They were very helpful on the two scoring drives. The roughing the passer gave them some new life. Yes, we could have stopped them, but it would have been 3rd and long without the bullcrap call. Then, of course the block in the back. That was just huge. Would have really backed them up, but instead they got amazing field position.

If they get 3 instead of 7 it changes the game and UK might go to the run more to try to milk clock and keep that lead. Also puts major pressure on TAMU offense.

Still, I agree... we had our chances and should have capitalized.

Reactions: The-Hack
Oats wasn't the only one that got blocked in the back on that punt.

No he wasn't there were 2 blocks in the back on that punt and they were right at the point of attack. No reason not to see it or throw a flag.

Did anyone notice on the West fumble recovery td play that AM had about 7 players in the backfield? If anyone still has their recording, pause it before the snap and you’ll see the left guard move a hair too early to pull.

Also, I said this in another thread...this officiating crew worked the 0:00 UF game,

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Did anyone notice on the West fumble recovery td play that AM had about 7 players in the backfield? If anyone still has their recording, pause it before the snap and you’ll see the left guard move a hair too early to pull.

Also, I said this in another thread...this officiating crew worked the 0:00 UF game,

I heard 3 of them were UofL allum

just kidding but I do get the feeling there's some bad blood there.:(

No question he's right. Also the luck pass that bounced off a couple dude's helmets before landing in the hands of a receiver in stride. It was really weird that he even caught. More so that he didn't even break stride.

Not to mention that never happens without the 2... TWO missed calls on that punt return. It broke our back. Still could’ve done better offensively. If Benny Snell ever gets 13 touches in a close game ever again, I will quietly stand up and remove myself from the stadium

When SEC refs act like this in a game, it's not about the gambling money...it's about what benefits the league office the most.

We may have wanted this game the most, but what was better for the league? Keeping both UK and A&M on track for solid seasons.

Anyone remember Vandy visiting Lexington 10 years ago and making their first bowl game since 1982 completely on the backs of the refs?

Or all the many times we played teams like UF/UT/UGA who already had superior talent, but also got help when they needed it because UK football didn't matter as much to the league bottom line?

The officials know who they're working for. They're not stupid.

I don't feel that way. I'm retired, The only sports I watch are college BB and FB. I officiated high school and small college football for 20 years. SEC football officials are the worst in college football, and it isn't even close

I would argue the PAC12 crew that officiated last year’s Music City Bowl would give the SEC officiating crews a real battle for worst of the worst.

Thought I had seen their work before...

I heard that and cringed, listening on radio. I dont hear announcers go off that much on officials often. Far be it from me to tell Jeff to cool it, but can he get in trouble with IMG or the University for that? Just for Jeff's sake, I hope not. Tom is more of "the good cop", but he wasn't gonna disagree.

It would be great to be in Atlanta playing for the SEC title. The bad news is playing Alabama.

All true, but even with daunting odds, there are such things as wide-spread out breaks of influenza, etc. How many Runts had the Flu in March of '66?

Karma owes us some!!!!

Karma owes us a sh!tpot full!

The non call on the punt return changed the whole situation. The refs played a big role in that game. Tip your hat to Vegas. They had someone in their pocket.
Starting at midfield is quite different than starting at your own 5, especially the way our D was playing

Something else I haven't seen mentioned...on the lucky/deflected TD catch for A&M, Lonnie Johnson could have made a TD saving tackle but #1 for A&M threw an illegal cut block on him at about the 17 yard line. I think it was overlooked because the TE was throwing a stiff arm at the time, but if that is called the ball goes back to about the 32 and we have a chance to hold them to a FG. Even though we didn't deserve to win, the refs still had a major impact on the outcome of the game.

Pete Thameltoe reported that Pac12 refs were overruled by a Pac12 league official during a game this week to NOT eject a player for targeting.

But nahhhh, there’s nothing crooked to officiating today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT