ADVERTISEMENT

Worst movies you've seen

Stallone has been in a lot of horrible movies but this is his worst.

5150XVTADEL.jpg

Sylvester Stallone's reaction[edit]
Sylvester Stallone has stated that Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot was the worst film he had ever starred in.[7] In an interview with Ain't It Cool News, Stallone referred to it as "maybe one of the worst films in the entire solar system, including alien productions we’ve never seen", that "a flatworm could write a better script", and "in some countries – China, I believe – running [the movie] once a week on government television has lowered the birth rate to zero. If they ran it twice a week, I believe in twenty years China would be extinct."[8]

LOL. Stallone agrees.

My list:
Howard The Duck
Superman III
Superman IV- The Quest for Peace
Leonard Part VI
Battlefield Earth
Freddy Got Fingered
Jaws: The Revenge
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
North
Dumb and Dumber To

My Adam Sandler List:

That's My Boy
Jack and Jill
Little Nicky
Blended
Pixels

Worst EVER:
Murder Rock (look it up on Youtube. Truly awful.)

My list:
Howard The Duck
Superman III
Superman IV- The Quest for Peace
Leonard Part VI
Battlefield Earth
Freddy Got Fingered
Jaws: The Revenge
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
North
Dumb and Dumber To

My Adam Sandler List:

That's My Boy
Jack and Jill
Little Nicky
Blended
Pixels

Worst EVER:
Murder Rock (look it up on Youtube. Truly awful.)
Little Nicky was funny

Gotta go with About Schmidt. Love Jack Nicholson but this was two hours of no plot, no action, no nudity. At the end of the movie, neither my wife nor I could think of any reason that movie was made. Didn't tell a story. Didn't have interesting characters. Sort of like the Seinfeld quote, "Why am I watching this?" 'Because it's on TV'. No point whatsoever to the movie. Hated it from beginning to end.

Fell asleep in Gods Must Be Crazy so it must've been boring as hell, too.

Dude, how can you forget about the hot tub scene with Kathy Bates?

Reactions: drawing_dead
Starship Trooper was so bad it was laughable, enjoyable if you are a six year old that is just beginning to read comic books.

I liked Blair Witch, was a clever idea, well done, and they made $40M or so on a $50K budget. I also liked La La Land.

As for critically acclaimed movies that were terrible, I remember watching "Howards End" and thinking it should be renamed "Howards Endless". Boring beyond all comprehension.

P.S. I never saw Bonfire of the Vanities, one of the best novels you will ever read, but I never talked to one human being or read a single review that didn't say the movie was god awful.

Agreed to go with a group to see Throw Mama From the Train. I don't know...I guess everyone thought it would be stupid funny. After 20 minutes of Sly rolling his eyes at Estelle Getty we had to go.
Uh... throw mama from the trai was billy crystal and Danny devito.

Has anybody said "The Number 23"?

51ym2SN8NnL.jpg

I remember when there was a string of several movies that all had the same plot twist of "it was me the whole time" around 2005; The Number 23, Hide and Seek, The Machinist, etc.

Worst movie I've ever tried to watch was Natural Born Killers. Horrible movie. There was a thrown in scene of Rhino's humping or something. Only time in my life I walked out of a movie.

Starship Troopers was so bad it was great. Denise Richards....

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Horrible that I saw in theaters:

Blindness
Chapelles Block Party
Land of the Lost (only movie I have ever left in the middle of)

Starship Troopers, if I'm not mistaken, was fully self-aware in what they were creating. At the very least, they knew they were being over the top making fun of movies in the same scope. Pretty sure that included the campiness and cheesy acting.

For that reason, it's quite an amazing movie.

The movie where I remember being the most disappointed was Gangs of New York. The movie had so much crazy hype that I had to go to the theater to see it. Then, the movie starts off pretty good. It builds and builds. Lewis teaches Leo how to fight.....more build up. All the pre-hype and the entire......long, long.....movie is building up for a fight for town supremacy mixed in with vengeance. Then the army blows everyone up and it ends in one of the greatest let downs I've ever experienced at a theater.

Scorsese is like Tarantino for me. I'm not there to see action or even satisfying story ends. I'm there to watch tense back and forth between characters or some badass monologue. Leo was pretty meh, and Diaz was awful. But Daniel Day Lewis kept that movie afloat. His Bill The Butcher portrayal was epic.

Same thing with The Departed. It was a ripped off plot, the action wasn't anything great. But that dialogue.. 2nd to none.

Starship Troopers, if I'm not mistaken, was fully self-aware in what they were creating. At the very least, they knew they were being over the top making fun of movies in the same scope. Pretty sure that included the campiness and cheesy acting.

For that reason, it's quite an amazing movie.

^This. Surprised that folks have trouble grasping that concept. C'mon folks..."It's an ugly planet...it's a BUG planet!" Simple yet beautiful.

Also, it was adapted from a Robert Heinlein novel, so it has that going for it as well.

Snakes on a Plane was originally supposed to be an action thriller. At one point it had the title Pacific Air Flight 121 but they ultimately went back to Snakes on a Plane since that working title was why Samuel L. Jackson signed up for the movie in the first place.

Late in production they realized just how dumb of an idea the movie truly was and went back and did five days of re-shooting. That's where they went in and added scenes like "I've had it with these mother f'n snakes on this mother f'n plane" and the classic scene where ole dude gets his wenis bit by one of the snakes. Money well spent. So basically, they realized their original action movie was a complete joke late in the game, and then tried to salvage it with re-shooting to try to pretend it was supposed to be intentionally bad the whole time.

Tiptoes

"Carol (Beckinsale)—a talented painter and independent woman—falls in love with Steven (McConaughey) without knowing much about him other than he's the perfect man. But when Carol finds herself pregnant it forces Steven to expose his darkest secret—his family. Steven happens to be the only average-sized person in a family of dwarfs, including his twin brother Rolfe (Oldman). Carol and Steven are then forced to come to terms with the fact that the baby she carries may be born a dwarf. This terrifies Steven, who does not want his child to suffer the same way Rolfe did. As Carol decides to carry the child, she and Steven grow further apart, and she begins to rely on Rolfe to teach her about life as a dwarf."

This sounds like something my wife would watch except no one is dying of cancer.

ADVERTISEMENT