ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup Fans will stay thirsty, my friends

Oh no! With all that bribery money thrown around to get the World Cup, I thought Qatar was ethical? 😂

No Muslim-owned anything should be able to host shit but the world is a slave to money.
Come on man, to say no Muslim anything should be able to host anything is crap. Also, if you made plans to spend 10K going to Qatar to watch the WC, you should be smart enough to realize they don’t drink. If anyone was like “let’s g to Qatar and get LIT!”, you and they are really dumb. What’s next, a weed smoking trip to Russia?

Come on man, to say no Muslim anything should be able to host anything is crap. Also, if you made plans to spend 10K going to Qatar to watch the WC, you should be smart enough to realize they don’t drink. If anyone was like “let’s g to Qatar and get LIT!”, you and they are really dumb. What’s next, a weed smoking trip to Russia?
I don't advise ever going to an Islamic nation. Qatar never should be allowed to host a global sporting event with no alcohol sales. But considering the only reason they got it was because of bribery, well, is what it is.

Qatar has no football tradition. Didn't have the infrastructure. A small population. Political/religious beliefs made them an absolute shit choice.

They do have their version of moonshine (Well, in Saudi and Iraq they did) and I believe they probably do there if you are lucky enough to find it. I did.
It appears that public drinking is illegal, but private drinking may not be. As a sports fan, this would not impact my interest. I thought the Babylon Bee captured it well.

It appears that public drinking is illegal, but private drinking may not be. As a sports fan, this would not impact my interest. I thought the Babylon Bee captured it well.
Yeah, I read an article that said they can buy it there but not drink it publicly. Hotels and resorts sell it as well.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Oh no! With all that bribery money thrown around to get the World Cup, I thought Qatar was ethical? 😂

No Muslim-owned anything should be able to host shit but the world is a slave to money.

The largest U.S. military base in the Middle East is in Qatar.

Diversity is demanded and virtuous, unless you don’t agree with us! Those bastards should think and believe just as we do! That is the best kind of diversity!

Reactions: UKMKG
By the way, my heart broke for the FIFA president when he revealed he was a freckled red-head as a kid. I am thankful he now identifies as a bald white dude. You truly cannot know anyone else’s pain.

Reactions: The-Hack and UKMKG
By the way, my heart broke for the FIFA president when he revealed he was a freckled red-head as a kid. I am thankful he now identifies as a bald white dude. You truly cannot know anyone else’s pain.
Hey man, I’m a daywalker (few freckles and can tan) ginger, we are a minority and you are oppressing me.

That’s awful. What a backwards shithole.
wet-vs-dry-counties-map*750xx2039-1156-171-255.jpg

That’s awful. What a backwards shithole.
wet-vs-dry-counties-map*750xx2039-1156-171-255.jpg
Exactly, you have people saying this country is Muslim and won’t let us drink! When you live in a state that won’t let you drink every other 30 miles.

It’s called perspective fellas, try it out. I can’t go to Kenton county KY and have a beer but you’re pissed you can’t fly 3000 miles and have a drink. Shut up.

Dont see what is wrong with expecting Qatar to abide by the agreements that were negotiated over months and years, especially in exchange for tons of money. I guess contracts dont mean much to some of you guys

Dont see what is wrong with expecting Qatar to abide by the agreements that were negotiated over months and years, especially in exchange for tons of money. I guess contracts dont mean much to some of you guys
Or don’t sign a “contract” with a country that can tell you to get pumped whenever they want. They could pay back the 75 million that Bud put into that and not even blink an eye.

How about know who you’re going into business with?

If you have access to a five-figure hospitality package, you will have access to alcohol inside the venues.

That sounds familiar. <winkie winkie>

#I’MsuchAstinker

Reactions: The-Hack
Exactly, you have people saying this country is Muslim and won’t let us drink! When you live in a state that won’t let you drink every other 30 miles.

It’s called perspective fellas, try it out. I can’t go to Kenton county KY and have a beer but you’re pissed you can’t fly 3000 miles and have a drink. Shut up.
Lol. Is Kenton County trying to host a Super Bowl or a global sporting event?

Sports and booze are a big deal. If you don’t want alcohol because of your political and religious crap, you shouldn’t be hosting the rest of the civilized world. Islam and the western world do not mix. Throw in the fact that they have no football tradition or anything, it’s pretty simple.

They only got it because of political bribery. Go watch the Netflix doc about it.

I’ve seen it and that’s true. I was saying you can’t throw out all the Islamic countries because you want to drink. I totally get what you’re saying but just because their traditions and beliefs are different doesn’t mean they should be excluded. Getting drunk at the World Cup isn’t like a right or something. I would want to but again I wouldn’t plan on it if the WC was in freaking Qatar.

I’ve seen it and that’s true. I was saying you can’t throw out all the Islamic countries because you want to drink. I totally get what you’re saying but just because their traditions and beliefs are different doesn’t mean they should be excluded. Getting drunk at the World Cup isn’t like a right or something. I would want to but again I wouldn’t plan on it if the WC was in freaking Qatar.

That is not really the point personally I could care less whether they drink there or not I'm never gonna set foot in that country.

The point is they negotiated and lots of companies like Budweiser ponied up a ton of money for dponsorships and now with 2 days to go they're breaking the contract. It's not that hard to understand

Reactions: UKMKG
You sure you guys didn't hit them with a "But you just don't understand Soccer.."?

Usually by the 100th time I just give in.

Reactions: roguemocha

I actually agree with you, posted this because of a conversation I had while out of state a couple of years ago. I had to explain what a dry county was, why said dry county may possibly contain distilleries, and why Sunday sales aren’t allowed in the majority of the state. One guy even compared that to Muslim law.

I also follow Formula One, which is really working on their image but their real slogan is “w€ race a$ one”.

That is not really the point personally I could care less whether they drink there or not I'm never gonna set foot in that country.

The point is they negotiated and lots of companies like Budweiser ponied up a ton of money for dponsorships and now with 2 days to go they're breaking the contract. It's not that hard to understand
I agree completely. But again, you have to know who you’re giving 75 million to. A country that doesn’t care, doesn’t drink, bribed the FIFA staff with straight cash homie and the average annual income there is like 140K. They don’t give a shit about sponsor money, they care about you buying oil. The reason the wanted the WC was to get their name out there.

We re not hosting a fecking world event in those counties are we? Smh

We re not hosting a fecking world event in those counties are we? Smh
Yes we are because not everything revolves around us brother, especially soccer. Hopefully they clean it up but do you expect the Olympics and WC to be hosted in the USA every time?

Eh they can buy beer outside the stadium - just not inside - same as Spain, Scotland, Portugal and others...

Stop being snowflakes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT