ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s team arched Kentucky but not the men

I don't know. But in my 50 plus years of following the men's program, I've not once given any consideration to the uniforms they're wearing. I'm sure I'm in the minority.
I don't know man.
kentucky1995-032915-getty-ftr_1knd4mlrxiuhy1vfzlrko92gnh.jpg
kentucky1994-032915-getty-ftr_yt5lnafizqfg1siwhwl2ny7v3.jpg

I don't think we've ever had a uniform that I've truly loved. In football, the Power K helmet is an example of something I love. But for basketball, I don't know that any particular eras uniform really gets me. Something clean and classic is good.

To be fair the women have the arch because it's what the men's team used to have. Those are Tubby era jerseys. I kinda like what we have right now TBH.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
I care about the uniforms and the current iteration is awful looking. Get rid of the checkerboard and arch KENTUCKY, it’s not really that difficult to make a good looking jersey but somehow Nike screws it up time and time again

Reactions: seccats04
I don't know man.
kentucky1995-032915-getty-ftr_1knd4mlrxiuhy1vfzlrko92gnh.jpg
kentucky1994-032915-getty-ftr_yt5lnafizqfg1siwhwl2ny7v3.jpg
those look great.
I don't think we've ever had a uniform that I've truly loved. In football, the Power K helmet is an example of something I love. But for basketball, I don't know that any particular eras uniform really gets me. Something clean and classic is good.

To be fair the women have the arch because it's what the men's team used to have. Those are Tubby era jerseys. I kinda like what we have right now TBH.
2012 unis

Early 2000s uniforms were nice, I thought. I'm too tired and lazy to post one but any image result of Prince / Bogans is what I'm talking about.

Reactions: STEVECAT
Truth is nobody at UK cares what a bunch of old geezers on a message board think about the uniforms. It's all about what is hip and cool with the current age of kids. They like the drip! as they say. LOL
But do they really?

But do they really?

Maybe I should've said it should be about what the kids like.... lol

I don’t care for the checkerboard. It’s fine as an accent but it’s a major focus of the uniforms and I don’t care for it personally.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I have always wondered why they did not have the American Flag on the men's uniforms ?
Good question. What teams, in what sports, include the flag on their uniforms, besides ones representing the USA in international competition. I can’t think of any. Do the service academies have it on theirs? Interesting to think about ...

Good question. What teams, in what sports, include the flag on their uniforms, besides ones representing the USA in international competition. I can’t think of any. Do the service academies have it on theirs? Interesting to think about ...
All teams originally had it on their uniforms during wartime to support the country. After the wars some kept the flag and others didn’t.

Reactions: megablue
Reactions: RunninRichie
“Phil Knight, you have a phone call.”

“Hi. This is Phil.”

“Hey Pheel, this is Mike Dunlap down in Lancaster County and I just want to say that y’all need to curve the Kentucky on the uniform. I’m a big fan going back to 1962 when my grandpappy had us gather round the radio and we really like the curved Kentucky down in these parts.”

silence...

“Also can y’all add the American flag too.”

Reactions: awf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT