ADVERTISEMENT

With NIL isn't it time to eliminate amateur rules

cat888

Sophomore
Jul 23, 2006
Almost all great players have a lawyer and are making big money example why should Edwards not be allowed to go back to School when some player is making more money with NIL and has a lawyer be allowed to stay in School? That is not sour grapes I don't know where he would go if he could probably not UK.. I think the Schools would be better served getting kids in School than keeping them out.

Reactions: chroix
He didnt come to UK for an education. However he got one in the ways of the world. If the NCAA really cared about yhese young men he would and should be back at UK. Follow the money was his mantra.

Almost all great players have a lawyer and are making big money example why should Edwards not be allowed to go back to School when some player is making more money with NIL and has a lawyer be allowed to stay in School? That is not sour grapes I don't know where he would go if he could probably not UK.. I think the Schools would be better served getting kids in School than keeping them out.
Schools are not keeping them out. The players are keeping themselves out because they value the NBA game and its riches far more than they value college. It would require the NBA saying that kids need to be in college for two years. But then you'd have a bunch of players faking injuries and pulling Shaedon Sharpe stunts.

many college students flunk out of school. i’ve known several and have known of many more.

when’s the last time you’ve heard of a college basketball player flunking out of school?

Reactions: chroix
Edwards didn't want to return to college. He never wanted to be in college anyways.

He signed with 76ers asap yesterday.
He didn't have a choice if he could have come back and played another year in College I believe he would have been a first-rounder next year maybe even Lottery. Of course, he was just used as an example,

Sure but the NIL has nothing to do with it.

Your name and image rights have no impact on amateur status, you have them simply by being you regardless of school or vocation status.

The two utterly distinct things never should have been mixed up in the first place.

many college students flunk out of school. i’ve known several and have known of many more.

when’s the last time you’ve heard of a college basketball player flunking out of school?
Well yeah but they have an army of people doing their work for them.

Reactions: blubo
Sure but the NIL has nothing to do with it.

Your name and image rights have no impact on amateur status, you have them simply by being you regardless of school or vocation status.

The two utterly distinct things never should have been mixed up in the first place.
If you getting paid because you are an athlete why does it matter what it is called?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT