ADVERTISEMENT

With Limited Vandy Seating Availability-Should We Expect Lots of UK Fans in Attendance.

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
I believe it is being reported that total seating capacity for the Vandy game is only about 29,000 for this season. Should we expect eight or 10,000 of those to be Kentucky fans?

I’ll be there. Love Nashville and Vandys stadium is so small that there isn’t a bad seat in the entire thing. Just hope parking isn’t a mess.

Should we expect eight or 10,000 of those to be Kentucky fans?
I’ve been to Nashville six times.

Our crowd has never been fewer than 10K. The most I saw there was ‘07, when we had fully two-thirds of 40K there . . . the year we beat #1 LSU and Louisville (earlier) at home.

I would say we were 12.5-15K two years ago.

I’m not headed this year.

The Vandy crowd is unique: I’ve sat with or near folks from E-town and further West who do not regularly attend games in Lexington.

It really is no different than other years. The one end zone they took out was for students ... and barely any of them show up. The other end zone was corporate tents/hospitality.

It'll be a pro-UK crowd as usual.

I’ve been to Nashville six times.

Our crowd has never been fewer than 10K. The most I saw there was ‘07, when we had fully two-thirds of 40K there . . . the year we beat #1 LSU and Louisville (earlier) at home.

I would say we were 12.5-15K two years ago.

I’m not headed this year.

The Vandy crowd is unique: I’ve sat with or near folks from E-town and further West who do not regularly attend games in Lexington.
I was also there in 2007...but my dad (Vandy alum) and I sat in a Vandy section and gradually drew more and more of their ire for our blue gear and cheering. One of them engaged in the nerdiest smack talk I've ever heard (calling our team "blue and white wimps" and repeatedly shouting "go back to Oregon, Brooksie!").

All in all, a funny day. And the good guys won.

One of them engaged in the nerdiest smack talk I've ever heard (calling our team "blue and white wimps" and repeatedly shouting "go back to Oregon, Brooksie!").
I would have come back with, “that’s so funny I forgot to laugh,” as I adjusted my pocket protector.

‘07 was very competitive, Vandy gunning for the end zone two or three times at the end.

Reactions: CapnBlubs
I would have come back with, “that’s so funny I forgot to laugh,” as I adjusted my pocket protector.

‘07 was very competitive, Vandy gunning for the end zone two or three times at the end.
I did yell back a couple times. There was an injury timeout for a Vandy player and bored UK fans started the GBB chant. Vandy fans didn't appreciate it and started calling us rednecks. I shouted "I've never known a Tennesseean to call a Kentuckian a redneck" and everyone within earshot laughed and chilled out a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT