ADVERTISEMENT

Winter prediction based on persimmon seeds

Feb 9, 2011
From near Lake Cumberland.

No way this is ever wrong.

https://wkdq.com/persimmon-seed-winter-prediction-for-kentucky-illinois-and-indiana-2022/
306492733_2101896276683702_1721496757173634297_n.jpg

A spoon shape found inside of a persimmon seed means that you should get a shovel ready because you are in for a pretty snowy winter.

The only way to really predict weather is to keep living and don’t die (that’s key) and look out the window or go outside.

But not being dead is paramount.

I guess if you're dead the weather doesn't matter.
Oh but wait ! True story, my aunt passed away 2 years ago and my mother did a deal with the undertaker prior to her burial to open the casket and cover her with her favorite blanket before they buried her. Mom said she loved that blanket and I don’t want her to feel cold

Farmers Almanac predicts much higher snowfall in Denver this year. NWS is forecasting a double La Nina effect which tends to bring more precipitation. I've got my shovel ready to go.

Reactions: hmt5000
Farmers Almanac predicts much higher snowfall in Denver this year. NWS is forecasting a double La Nina effect which tends to bring more precipitation. I've got my shovel ready to go.
I used to love the Farmers Almanac. They were right enough to look at every year. The dam things got too high to buy though. $5... sure. $17... Nah.... I'll just look for wooly worms.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Every year someone/something predicts a bad winter is coming but it has been pretty mild around here for a number of years it seems.

It's kinda weird we had a mild December with tornados here in bg one of them touching done on NEW YEARS DAY. Haven't hardly had a thunderstorm warning all year. No severe weather in spring or summer but December was the worst for severe weather then any month of the last few years.

Every year someone/something predicts a bad winter is coming but it has been pretty mild around here for a number of years it seems.
2015 was extremely cold, but most winters lately have been fairly mild. We had quite a bit of snow in 2021.

Last edited:
C’mon Creed, not just climate change, but anthropogenic climate change — after all, human aren’t morally responsible for comet/asteroid impacts that change the climate (looking squarely at you Chicxulub and Younger-Dryas comets).

Last edited:
The Old Farmer's Almanac says cold and snowy. The other one says ridiculously cold and snowy.

La nina in the pacific is forcing a bubble of warm air up into Alaska. That displaces the cold air and forces it down across Canada and into the US. During the summer there have been multiple jet stream dips that have brought cold Canadian air down across the state of Kentucky. One happened just the other day. When it does that in the winter it brings snow.

TL/DR: This winter is going to suck.

The Old Farmer's Almanac says cold and snowy. The other one says ridiculously cold and snowy.

La nina in the pacific is forcing a bubble of warm air up into Alaska. That displaces the cold air and forces it down across Canada and into the US. During the summer there have been multiple jet stream dips that have brought cold Canadian air down across the state of Kentucky. One happened just the other day. When it does that in the winter it brings snow.

TL/DR: This winter is going to suck.
Stop it. You're supposed to be getting mad about science in this thread.

Calm down. it's a joke

ADVERTISEMENT