ADVERTISEMENT

Will trade Miller for Cal, and throw in the candy stripe pants for good measure....

IUfanBorden

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
I know this thread will not go well----but so what. BUT---JFC. First off, get rid of Cal...

Ok---who do you get? Who comes to mind that can come in, and win 80% of his games?

WHo can come in and go to the Elite 8, 70% of the time?

WHo can come in and get to the Final Four 40% of the time?

Who can come in and either win the SEC, or finish 2nd, 90% of the time? UK has only finished worse than 2nd, ONCE.

I get it....Its UK. And its what separates UK from others: Just being good doesn't cut it. I get it. I wish IU took this approach...But we are a football school now---so who cares.

But damn----Man I'd give anything to have the past 4 years of Cal, much less the past 10..

This happens every single year....Ugly basketball to start. Then come March, YEP----Kentucky's playing in the Elite 8.

So, do we have deal?

Miller for Cal----and of course, the candy stripes...

UglyThornyHoiho-small.gif

Some people are unfortunately too spoiled to realize what a gem we have in Calipari. Admit-tingly, I don’t always agree what everything he says or does, but I trust him a lot more than most of the other coaches out there.
So much this....Look at Duke. No FF since 2015. Missed the FF with a class of Zion, Cam, etc, etc...Kansas---Not title since 2008. Possible sanctions....UNC is coming off a 14-19 season.

It could be worse....MUCH worse. Like, ummmm, Indiana worse.

No deal, but some needed perspective. I predict a lot of good Kentucky fans will have every reason to hope their posts from the last several days never resurface by the end of this season.

I'll keep up my mantra: For those who say Cal has lost it because he "only went to two Elite Eights (and got cheated out of another chance with an SEC outright champ) since 2016" - Look at Roy Williams' post-season record between 1997 and 2002, or Coach K's record between 2004 and 2009. Neither even made an Elite Eight in five consecutive years -- but have won multiple championships since. Coaches like Cal who have a ;proven track record for being able to reach that level are extremely rare and valuable.

Last edited:
No deal, but some needed perspective. I predict a lot of good Kentucky fans will have every reason to hope their posts from the last several days never resurface by the end of this season.

I'll keep up my mantra: For those who say Cal has lost it because he "only went to two Elite Eights (and got cheated out of another chance with an SEC outright champ) since 2016 - Look at Roy Williams post-season record between 1997 and 2002, or Coach K's record between 2004 and 2009. Neither even made an Elite Eight in five consecutive years -- but have won multiple championships since. Coaches like Cal who have a ;proven track record for being able to reach that level are extremely rare and valuable.
all he’s missing is some experienced role players.....

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I know this thread will not go well----but so what. BUT---JFC. First off, get rid of Cal...

Ok---who do you get? Who comes to mind that can come in, and win 80% of his games?

Who can come in and either win the SEC, or finish 2nd, 90% of the time? UK has only finished worse than 2nd, ONCE.

I get it....Its UK. And its what separates UK from others: Just being good doesn't cut it. I get it. I wish IU took this approach...But we are a football school now---so who cares.

But damn----Man I'd give anything to have the past 4 years of Cal, much less the past 10..

This happens every single year....Ugly basketball to start. Then come March, YEP----Kentucky's playing in the Elite 8.

So, do we have deal?

You are talking IU's coach, so far he has done nothing to impress me and make me want that trade????????

I'll keep up my mantra: For those who say Cal has lost it because he "only went to two Elite Eights (and got cheated out of another chance with an SEC outright champ) since 2016 - Look at Roy Williams post-season record between 1997 and 2002, or Coach K's record between 2004 and 2009. Neither even made an Elite Eight in five consecutive years -- but have won multiple championships since. Coaches like Cal who have a ;proven track record for being able to reach that level are extremely rare and valuable.
They certainly don't grow on tree's.....

Let me get this straight. You want this little funny looking little midget archie miller coaching at Kentucky. You have got to be kidding me. How in the world could anyone with an IQ make a statement like that. You were right about one thing, a statement like that is not going to go over very well on this board. I have heard some really stupid statements on this board over the years, and if this one is not at the top of the list, it is definately in the top 2.

Let me get this straight. You want this little funny looking little midget archie miller coaching at Kentucky. You have got to be kidding me. How in the world could anyone with an IQ make a statement like that. You were right about one thing, a statement like that is not going to go over very well on this board. I have heard some really stupid statements on this board over the years, and if this one is not at the top of the list, it is definately in the top 2.
first time?

Sure----If that means "WE" as in INDIANA, get Cal in return...I mean, **** yeah---I'm all for it.

Any chance you can make this happen?

Winning 5 games does not make you a “football school”. Kentucky won 10 games two years ago, still not a football school.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Pick one of the following choices for your coach's mentality:

A) Our goal is to get these kids get to the next level and help them achieve their dreams. Winning a bunch of games and a national title along the way would be a bonus.

OR...

B) Our goal is to win a bunch of games and a national title. If kids prove enough along the way to get to the next level, then that would be a bonus.

I'd say as Kentucky fans we all would choose B, no questions asked.

Which option best represents Cal?

Pick one of the following choices for your coach's mentality:

A) Our goal is to get these kids get to the next level and help them achieve their dreams. Winning a bunch of games and a national title along the way would be a bonus.

OR...

B) Our goal is to win a bunch of games and a national title. If kids prove enough along the way to get to the next level, then that would be a bonus.

I'd say as Kentucky fans we all would choose B, no questions asked.

Which option best represents Cal?
Seems to me kind of both....??

Reactions: CatTough

So, do we have deal?

I would like to keep Cal right where he’s at thank you very much

Reactions: Zissou87
This is my first post since signing up again, used to use my dad's account in the early tubby years, used to go by HolmesWildcat on my own account, forgot the password so now making a new one.

Thank you Borden for some perspective to us UK folk, and I hope your wife is doing well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT