ADVERTISEMENT

Will trade Miller for Cal, and throw in the candy stripe pants for good measure....

This is my first post since signing up again, used to use my dad's account in the early tubby years, used to go by HolmesWildcat on my own account, forgot the password so now making a new one.

Thank you Borden for some perspective to us UK folk, and I hope your wife is doing well!
She is really doing great...So thankful for that. With her issues, man was I ever scared...

Scared enough that I told God---"If you spare my wife---I will sing "C-A-T-S, C-A-T-S, C-A-T-S" during every UK game we attend..." 🤪

Thanks for mentioning her well-being...I appreciate that.

She is really doing great...So thankful for that. With her issues, man was I ever scared...

Scared enough that I told God---"If you spare my wife---I will sing "C-A-T-S, C-A-T-S, C-A-T-S" during every UK game we attend..." 🤪

Thanks for mentioning her well-being...I appreciate that.
Some things are bigger than basketball (not many lol) and she also is a UK fan so😂 but no in all seriousness I hope your family is alright and glad I finally seen one good Indiana fan on here. The ones that I met living on the border are pretty bitter.

P.S. I wanted her to get better anyway, but if it makes you chant then that's even more incentive lol

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
I know this thread will not go well----but so what. BUT---JFC. First off, get rid of Cal...

Ok---who do you get? Who comes to mind that can come in, and win 80% of his games?

WHo can come in and go to the Elite 8, 70% of the time?

WHo can come in and get to the Final Four 40% of the time?

Who can come in and either win the SEC, or finish 2nd, 90% of the time? UK has only finished worse than 2nd, ONCE.

I get it....Its UK. And its what separates UK from others: Just being good doesn't cut it. I get it. I wish IU took this approach...But we are a football school now---so who cares.

But damn----Man I'd give anything to have the past 4 years of Cal, much less the past 10..

This happens every single year....Ugly basketball to start. Then come March, YEP----Kentucky's playing in the Elite 8.

So, do we have deal?

Miller for Cal----and of course, the candy stripes...
It's pretty obvious, honestly. You just have people who either just like to complain, are spoiled, are trolls, whatever. "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" and "be careful what you wish for" are two phrases that come to mind. the ones who are real fans.....at some point, we won't be bothered with NBA draft talk. Won't have roster turnover every year. Won't have embarrassing early season losses. We also won't lead the country in wins and tournament wins, won't be a threat just about every year to make a deep run. Those scales don't balance - the good side is heavy, the bad side is light. This is like refusing the lottery payout because you don't want to pay the taxes

Reactions: Princecal
I know this thread will not go well----but so what. BUT---JFC. First off, get rid of Cal...

Ok---who do you get? Who comes to mind that can come in, and win 80% of his games?

Who can come in and either win the SEC, or finish 2nd, 90% of the time? UK has only finished worse than 2nd, ONCE.

I get it....Its UK. And its what separates UK from others: Just being good doesn't cut it. I get it. I wish IU took this approach...But we are a football school now---so who cares.

But damn----Man I'd give anything to have the past 4 years of Cal, much less the past 10..

This happens every single year....Ugly basketball to start. Then come March, YEP----Kentucky's playing in the Elite 8.

So, do we have deal?

Good post. No deal.

Football school 🤣🤣

It's pretty obvious, honestly. You just have people who either just like to complain, are spoiled, are trolls, whatever. "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" and "be careful what you wish for" are two phrases that come to mind. the ones who are real fans.....at some point, we won't be bothered with NBA draft talk. Won't have roster turnover every year. Won't have embarrassing early season losses. We also won't lead the country in wins and tournament wins, won't be a threat just about every year to make a deep run. Those scales don't balance - the good side is heavy, the bad side is light. This is like refusing the lottery payout because you don't want to pay the taxes
Well said....Here is the thing---Most know WHO he is----And part of WHO he is, IS marketing HIS program. So when he mentions draft night, and things----he is marketing his program. Nothing more---nothing less. When he says the things he does---"we are the needle", etc, etc....Its not just feeding the hungry of BBN---its AGAIN, marketing his program. Calipari is a master of this---And it has served him well. So why quit? Look,this isn't 1984 anymore. Kids don't go to UK, Indiana, etc, etc...anymore bc/ of the titles, traditions(winning). Kids today go where they go mostly b/c its the best avenue to reach their goal: NBA. John has captialized on this.

I have met Coach on a few occasions through my officiating days. Let me tell you---He wants to win. Winning is his thing. It not secondary....But nor is the importance of his kids. He genuinely cares. Winning isn't second to draft night....Nor is draft night second to winning. He combines them. And he does it very well.

At the end, he wins. So what if he says "draft night is this or that..." Ok, great. And? I mean if he was running out a BCG product, and pushing the draft as he does---Ok---now well, thats an issue. But hes not. So it shouldn't be an issue.

Cal is who he is...He ain't gonna change. And why should he? He's won over 80% of his games...Been to the Elite 8, SEVEN times in his 10 full seasons. I mean, SEVEN times. In 10 years. That is fukin nuts.

When he does decide to leave----after about 2 or 3 seasons, I gotta feeling a lot of folks are gonna be......

Yeah, you know.

Good post. No deal.

Football school 🤣🤣
Hey----Ranked 12th in CFB playoff rankings...Look man----when you've only been past the SW 16 fukin ONCE since 1993----you gotta get what you can get...

Sure, I could say "soccer school". And that would be sweet if we were in Spain...But we are not.

So football, american style, it is...

Well said....Here is the thing---Most know WHO he is----And part of WHO he is, IS marketing HIS program. So when he mentions draft night, and things----he is marketing his program. Nothing more---nothing less. When he says the things he does---"we are the needle", etc, etc....Its not just feeding the hungry of BBN---its AGAIN, marketing his program. Calipari is a master of this---And it has served him well. So why quit? Look,this isn't 1984 anymore. Kids don't go to UK, Indiana, etc, etc...anymore bc/ of the titles, traditions(winning). Kids today go where they go mostly b/c its the best avenue to reach their goal: NBA. John has captialized on this.

I have met Coach on a few occasions through my officiating days. Let me tell you---He wants to win. Winning is his thing. It not secondary....But nor is the importance of his kids. He genuinely cares. Winning isn't second to draft night....Nor is draft night second to winning. He combines them. And he does it very well.

At the end, he wins. So what if he says "draft night is this or that..." Ok, great. And? I mean if he was running out a BCG product, and pushing the draft as he does---Ok---now well, thats an issue. But hes not. So it shouldn't be an issue.

Cal is who he is...He ain't gonna change. And why should he? He's won over 80% of his games...Been to the Elite 8, SEVEN times in his 10 full seasons. I mean, SEVEN times. In 10 years. That is fukin nuts.

When he does decide to leave----after about 2 or 3 seasons, I gotta feeling a lot of folks are gonna be......

Yeah, you know.
It is sad that you, as an IU fan, have a better understanding of how Cal operates and what his motivations are than many UK fans who - presumably - follow him much more closely. Nice summary.

Hey----Ranked 12th in CFB playoff rankings...Look man----when you've only been past the SW 16 fukin ONCE since 1993----you gotta get what you can get...

Sure, I could say "soccer school". And that would be sweet if we were in Spain...But we are not.

So football, american style, it is...

IU has a solid football team this year. Damn straight you take it.

I have a name. Nate Oats. Coach of Alabama. Plays a fast paced in your face style of basketball. Hell had a team come into Rupp a few years ago that gave us all sorts of trouble. Young, hard worker. Just another opinion.

very few KY fans want CAL fired or him to leave retire etc. . We just want him to make a MAJOR TWEAK.

So, do we have deal?

I’m smelling sarcasm here

Jeez, the CLOD has whined so much, we have bottom tier programs trying to play let’s make a deal for our coach. The team will be fine but the fan base is becoming a laughing stock.

Reactions: Zissou87

So, do we have deal?

I can see why your screen name is IU Fan. If I were you, I would want to trade Miller for Cal, too. Hell, I would trade Miller for any high school coach. Maybe you could get on UGA's board and see if they will let you have Clappy back.

So, do we have deal?

It is going quite well for you. We're responding. :cool:

Indiana basketball and Tennessee football need to start a club of “we used to be really good consistently 20 years ago and can’t quite get back to that level again”.

If it means UK gets to hand pick their next coach, I'll let you have Cal for half the contract. You'll actually get to see some tournaments, but don't expect much more than that these.

I’d trade 90% of our chickens!t, whiny, self loathing, negative, unrealistic, ungrateful, ignorant fans for a half eaten ham sandwich and a dead cat. Y’all don’t know how good we got it.......until we don’t. Lifetime contract. For real.

I’d trade 90% of our chickens!t, whiny, self loathing, negative, unrealistic, ungrateful, ignorant fans for a half eaten ham sandwich and a dead cat. Y’all don’t know how good we got it.......until we don’t. Lifetime contract. For real.
holy name calling

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I’m smelling sarcasm here
Not an ounce....My wife is a HUGE Cat fan. Loves Cal. I root for Kentucky---Have since I was 10. I think its absolutely asinine to whine about him...
Dude has won 80% of his games....4 FF's, 7 Elite 8's and a title. 70% of the time, he UK in the hunt for the title.

Yet, here were are---AGAIN----in December---AGAIN, whining. And odds are, come March, UK will be playing in the Elite 8----AGAIN.

Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: CatTough
If it means UK gets to hand pick their next coach, I'll let you have Cal for half the contract. You'll actually get to see some tournaments, but don't expect much more than that these.
Serious? He has been at Kentucky for 10 FULL seasons. In those 10 seasons he has:

4 FF's-----Or 40% of the time. MOF, more than that. Include COVID and the NIT year, and he has damn near went to the FF 50% of the time...

7 Elite 8's: That is insane....70% of the time, AT WORSE, Uk ends up in the Elite 8.

Seems to me a tad bit more than just, "seeing some tourney's"..

My god are some of you people fukin spoiled..

Reactions: Zissou87
I can see why your screen name is IU Fan. If I were you, I would want to trade Miller for Cal, too. Hell, I would trade Miller for any high school coach. Maybe you could get on UGA's board and see if they will let you have Clappy back.
First time?

Not an ounce....My wife is a HUGE Cat fan. Loves Cal. I root for Kentucky---Have since I was 10. I think its absolutely asinine to whine about him...
Dude has won 80% of his games....4 FF's, 7 Elite 8's and a title. 70% of the time, he UK in the hunt for the title.

Yet, here were are---AGAIN----in December---AGAIN, whining. And odds are, come March, UK will be playing in the Elite 8----AGAIN.

Rinse and repeat.
Well you got a point there

This is the 3rd rival fan from the 2nd school who had to come in.. not to gloat or troll.. but to literally talk some sense into us.

No, he’s a lame ass main board poster who’s here to get a fuzzy feeling from telling you how great you are.

People did this crap during the Tubby years. What a coincidence.

Serious? He has been at Kentucky for 10 FULL seasons. In those 10 seasons he has:

4 FF's-----Or 40% of the time. MOF, more than that. Include COVID and the NIT year, and he has damn near went to the FF 50% of the time...

7 Elite 8's: That is insane....70% of the time, AT WORSE, Uk ends up in the Elite 8.

Seems to me a tad bit more than just, "seeing some tourney's"..

My god are some of you people fukin spoiled..

Dude, I don’t need an Indiana fan explaining John Calipari to me. And I don’t care that you like our coach. I don’t even know why you’re here most of the time. It’s weird.

It has nothing to do with his first 5 years. It’s the trajectory and last 5 that is the problem. We’re not Indiana. Winning matters at UK.

Hell no. I wouldn't take Archie if Sean came with him. Neither coach could manage their fat heads out of a wet paper bag.

Borden, you and I went at it when IU hired Archie, I told you then he was nothing but a decent mid major coach that has never accomplished anything of note. I said the same thing about Chris Mack. UofL fans will soon realize that.

Indiana needs to stop jacking around with these coaches that have no accolades on their resume'. Find a guy that has shown he can win and is not just a flash in the pan.

So, do we have deal?

Awesome post!!

Hell no. I wouldn't take Archie if Sean came with him. Neither coach could manage their fat heads out of a wet paper bag.

Borden, you and I went at it when IU hired Archie, I told you then he was nothing but a decent mid major coach that has never accomplished anything of note. I said the same thing about Chris Mack. UofL fans will soon realize that.

Indiana needs to stop jacking around with these coaches that have no accolades on their resume'. Find a guy that has shown he can win and is not just a flash in the pan.
I'm not as sold on Miller as I was....This season is a big year for him. He has recruited well(the state at least) so far. This year its HIS guys....HIS team. No excuses. IMO if IU has another 20-12 struggle, 10-seed type of season, then I was wrong, and it is time to move on.

BTW---My post isn't real...Its just to point out how stupid it is to complain about Cal.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Dude, I don’t need an Indiana fan explaining John Calipari to me. And I don’t care that you like our coach. I don’t even know why you’re here most of the time. It’s weird.

It has nothing to do with his first 5 years. It’s the trajectory and last 5 that is the problem. We’re not Indiana. Winning matters at UK.
Why is it weird? I mean , really? Anyways, winning matters everywhere, bro. But winning isn't the issue...You guys expect Cal to produce a 2012/2015 team every year...Anyways, the last 5 seasons---Remember, you said "winning" maters:

The last 5 years, Cal is 140-39.---That is 79%. His overall winning percentage at UK is 80%.

Just saying..

Why is it weird? I mean , really? Anyways, winning matters everywhere, bro. But winning isn't the issue...You guys expect Cal to produce a 2012/2015 team every year...Anyways, the last 5 seasons---Remember, you said "winning" maters:

The last 5 years, Cal is 140-39.---That is 79%. His overall winning percentage at UK is 80%.

Just saying..

No, it's weird because I don't need a mediocre and shitty IU fan to tell me what to expect from UK basketball. This isn't the main board.

You don't know shit about Kentucky, what we expect, and how we should go about it. As an Indiana fan you've already proven what you think results in shit. I don't want it at UK, you need to get back to your board.

Cal is not adding up to our standard. If an Indiana fan thinks that's crazy, I'm right where I need to be.

Btw, I do hope your family is coming along good for the holidays.

You don't know shit about Kentucky, what we expect, and how we should go about it. As an Indiana fan you've already proven what you think results in shit. I don't want it at UK, you need to get back to your board.

Btw, I do hope your family is coming along good for the holidays.
Wanna bet? My brother has been a life long UK fan....MOF, half my family are UK fans...My wife is a HUGE UK fan---MOF, her entire family is. Her brother has season tix----we go to 3-4 games a year. I'd be willing to bet I have been to more UK ROAD games, than you have been to HOME games.

I am extremely versed on the history of Kentucky basketball---I lived in Nicholasville for a year, surrounded by BBN...Via my wife and her family, I 100% understand what UK basketball IS, what is expected.....Shit I'd bet I know more about the history of the program than you DO. In other words, don't let the "IUfan" moniker, fool you. I have followed UK basketball since I was 10. I just happen to root for Indiana.

Just think about wht you have said----"I don't want this @ UK", i.e. Cal. Ok, fine...

Then who? What coach out there is gonna produce what Calipari has?

I'll wait... BUt here is the problem---BBN won't. So go ahead, hire Chris Beard. And when he wins 22, 24, 23 games, reaches ONE Elite 8,maybe a FF, you guys will want him gone as well.

BTW---Wife is great. COVID was tough---but she was tougher.

Wanna bet? My brother has been a life long UK fan....MOF, half my family are UK fans...My wife is a HUGE UK fan---MOF, her entire family is. Her brother has season tix----we go to 3-4 games a year. I'd be willing to bet I have been to more UK ROAD games, than you have been to HOME games.

I am extremely versed on the history of Kentucky basketball---I lived in Nicholasville for a year, surrounded by BBN...Via my wife and her family, I 100% understand what UK basketball IS, what is expected.....Shit I'd bet I know more about the history of the program than you DO. In other words, don't let the "IUfan" moniker, fool you. I have followed UK basketball since I was 10. I just happen to root for Indiana.

Just think about wht you have said----"I don't want this @ UK", i.e. Cal. Ok, fine...

Then who? What coach out there is gonna produce what Calipari has?

I'll wait... BUt here is the problem---BBN won't. So go ahead, hire Chris Beard. And when he wins 22, 24, 23 games, reaches ONE Elite 8,maybe a FF, you guys will want him gone as well.

BTW---Wife is great. COVID was tough---but she was tougher.

I mean I'm not going to get into a "bigger fan"argument with a GD IU fan. This is why I say you're awkward and weird. Actually I will....

My family is ingrained in UK boss, I won't even get into that stupid argument. What you laid claim to isn't even much of anything. Our alumni group has traveled WITH the team many times. I have 3 uncles that went to UK, one of them is best friends with Mike Pratt. Joe B Hall is a friend as well, and we've vacationed with him and his family. When we travel to Ole Miss to our away games, we actually helped UK change hotels a few years back because my cousins are the owners of where they stay now. LOL, nice try, oops. You're not even related to a UKAA, why are you talking? You've always been a strange weirdo. You know more about UK than a UK fan ingrained in UK? okay weirdo. I did everything growing up a UK fan could do, games, all the camps, lived on campus illegally for 3 months in 2004. lol.

You absolutely have not been on the campus, to more games, or on the road with the team like I have. You're actually a joke for pumping knowing someone with season tickets. That's hilarious.

Btw, half of my family is from Kentucky. I grew up in Kentucky. But I'm glad you stayed there for a year.

You're clueless as evidenced by your post. You think going to some home games means something? That's every single UK fan. Yo don't really know shit about UK, you just think you do. An Indiana fan wouldn't know the first real thing about what makes UK great. You have a trash program and a trash fan base, and you really should go be with them.

I'm not going to discuss who I'd replace him with to an Indiana fan. Why would I? And besides, I've already said it about a hundred times.

You really are a sad representation of Indiana fans.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT