ADVERTISEMENT

Will Gabriel announce tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017
He would make it 5 for 5. I am 32 and have been a wildcat fan since age 5, but never felt this way bout things before. I may be alone on this feeling, but right now I am just really frustrated with our basketball program. I love Cal but losing this many players on a yearly basis is making things really hard on building any type of consistency within our program.

He would make it 5 for 5. I am 32 and have been a wildcat fan since age 5, but never felt this way bout things before. I may be alone on this feeling, but right now I am just really frustrated with our basketball program. I love Cal but losing this many players on a yearly basis is making things really hard on building any type of consistency within our program.
First post? Humm

I would just like the excitement of looking forward to a few guys returning. The ones that will be in the top 10 I am fine with, but other than that, it just gets old for me.

Reactions: BlueDevilWildcat

[laughing]

Don't you have a leaky roof to repair?

May as well though that be a horrid mistake he was awful but Skal was awful most of the year didn't stop him.

We needed Briscoe back badly.

Ah well the life of being a Kentucky fan. Always 1 player away it seems.

Reactions: harlancatfan
I think Cal honestly thought he was going to go on a big title run recruiting like this. Everything else he has tried to do has matched his vision. I bet he thought we'd be sitting on 10 now and have UCLA in sight.

Last edited:
First post? Humm
I wanted to start with a bang, I do except troll comments though, been reading this site for many years.
Ha. Beat me to it. So much winning is just too hard to handle...
To much winning? Wow. If we are doing to much winning for you, then you must not be much of a competitor. When Cal was hired I thought we were going back to mid to late 90's type of runs, so in regards to those expectations, I have been underwhelmed to this point.

Reactions: BlueDevilWildcat
I wanted to start with a bang, I do except troll comments though, been reading this site for many years.

To much winning? Wow. If we are doing to much winning for you, then you must not be much of a competitor. When Cal was hired I thought we were going back to mid to late 90's type of runs, so in regards to those expectations, I have been underwhelmed to this point.
Wow.Stupid post.

I wouldn't be too hard on harlancarfan (I know, most of you guys think he's a troll and maybe he is) but I don't think any of us would disagree that it would be nice to see a solid player return for the next year. I love Cal and co pletwly have faith in him but I also hear what the OP is saying. Problem is those were apparently the good days of ole when players routinely stayed at a college for more than a year or two. I would love to have seen Slmw of our players return but unfortunately that isn't the culture of today. It's not Cal's fault or the NCAA. Must come from the NBA and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Appears that the players union is unwilling to accept anything less but thumbs up for wishful thinking.

lol we have been

Reactions: btownblue and UKEE

UK finished 32-6 this season. That's doing plenty of winning IMO even though UK didn't get the end result of a championship. Few teams win 30+ games on a yearly basis.

We've surpassed those 90 runs..

Just quit lol

UK finished 32-6 this season. That's doing plenty of winning IMO even though UK didn't get the end result of a championship. Few teams win 30+ games on a yearly basis.

And even fewer take the eventual champion to the brink of defeat, despite a handful of hellacious break calls that cost UK 8 to 12 swing points in the first half.

Cal's system works. He'll break through for a second title soon. Our fans are just pissy because of UNC winning it all the way they did.

Name a coach whose system works more consistently.

Good luck with that. I'll be waiting for your reply...
I can name a coach that had a pg sitting on the bench that should have been playing at the end of the wis game and we would have probably had the greatest season ever.

Some of our fans act as if they long for the return of the Tubby days...lol

6 elite 8s in 8 years,, 4 final fours,, 2 title games and a title.. So yea.. From a Knott countian and near neighbor,, you're an idiot..
You should brush up on history more teenager- That 90's run I speak of can match your 4 final fours, raise your title game appearances to 3, oh and also up the number of titles to two! Oh yea, there was also 5 elite eights in there, oh and all that happened in 6 years, not the 8 you speak of. Try again and please quit making our region look un-knowledgeable.

Briscoe already and Humphries and Gabriel if they leave are all making mistakes if they think they are going to the NBA. There are only so many NBA roster spots. Now, if they need money and are okay going overseas to play professionally then I wish them the best of luck.

You should brush up on history more teenager- That 90's run I speak of can match your 4 final fours, raise your title game appearances to 3, oh and also up the number of titles to two! Oh yea, there was also 5 elite eights in there, oh and all that happened in 6 years, not the 8 you speak of. Try again and please quit making our region look un-knowledgeable.
I see why Harlan and London are the meth capitals of Ky..

Reactions: Mike-D
LoL...you either really dont believe that, or, you are only 10, not sure which.

Cal has went to just as many final fours as the 1990s. Already won more conference championships than we did in the 90s and still have two years left in this decade. The 1990s was a fun time, but this has also been great run. We really only had a couple of teams in the 1990s that you could really go into the season thinking about winning it all. It's a hard tournament to win. Enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT