ADVERTISEMENT

Will Gabriel announce tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can name a coach that had a pg sitting on the bench that should have been playing at the end of the wis game and we would have probably had the greatest season ever.

You mean the point guard who was getting abused by Traevon Jackson during the second segment of the second half? Maybe you should watch that game again and look for Bo Ryan going at Ulis and Booker whenever they were in the game.

Andrew Harrison led UK to a 16-4 run over an 8 minute span than brought UK back from an 8 point deficit to a four point lead. Yes, Harrison sucked in the last 4 minutes, but he was the leader of a unit that shut down Wisconsin to give UK the lead in the first place.

Your revisionist history depicts only part of the story. The truth is that neither UK point guard played his best game that night.

You should brush up on history more teenager- That 90's run I speak of can match your 4 final fours, raise your title game appearances to 3, oh and also up the number of titles to two! Oh yea, there was also 5 elite eights in there, oh and all that happened in 6 years, not the 8 you speak of. Try again and please quit making our region look un-knowledgeable.

You are lumping in Tubby with Pitino. You need to separate those two.

Pitino did 3 Final Fours and 1 title in 6 seasons.

Then Tubby went to 1 Final Four and 1 title in 10 seasons.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
There is plenty of ammo on both sides of these arguments. I love Cal. Always have and always will, but people get so defensive in any insinuation that his system is flawed. It works, but it has its limits some years and there is an obvious increasingly growing restlessness due to not so expected results at the end of some years. Throw in another championship and I really don't think we are having all these arguments. Yes, we do win a lot and yes the program is in a great place, but do we deny that another title or two should or could have been ours? As public as Cal and this program is, we have to take some heat sometimes. Sometimes it is deserved and sometimes not. We need a title for sure. I love really great players and I love 30 win seasons and SECs and Elite 8s, but I love championships even more. We need a few players that have a love for UK and for winning it all greater than a love of millions and that is a hard balance to have. Usually the ones who have the great love for this state and what it means are role players. Obviously, we have outliers but it usually holds true.

I wouldn't be too hard on harlancarfan (I know, most of you guys think he's a troll and maybe he is) but I don't think any of us would disagree that it would be nice to see a solid player return for the next year. I love Cal and co pletwly have faith in him but I also hear what the OP is saying. Problem is those were apparently the good days of ole when players routinely stayed at a college for more than a year or two. I would love to have seen Slmw of our players return but unfortunately that isn't the culture of today. It's not Cal's fault or the NCAA. Must come from the NBA and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Appears that the players union is unwilling to accept anything less but thumbs up for wishful thinking.
Personally, I believe Cal is doing a great job. Thinking back toTS days when the only thing to hang our hats on was being the overall number 1 seed in the tournament, only to get beat by inferior teams. I disagree with the statement about it not being the ncaa's fault. To the contrary, the ENTIRE ONE AND DONE ISSUE IS THE FAULT OF THE NCAA. All the ncaa would have to do is allow players to retain eligibility even after the draft and even if they have an agent. If they are drafted lower than hoped or if they are offered contracts for less than they want, allow them to come back. I guarantee the nba would quickly come to the table and agree to something like 3 years college minimum.....and there would not be a darned thing even the courts could do about it. The ncaa holds all the cards in this issue.

I liked the 90s teams,, but I'll take Cals teams over Ricks any day of the week.. And I'll take the last 8 years with two to go over the 10 years of the 90s..
You'll take any of Cal's teams over the 96 team? Wait wut lmao

I can name a coach that had a pg sitting on the bench that should have been playing at the end of the wis game and we would have probably had the greatest season ever.
These are the posts that frustrate me. Do you all realize how bad Ulis and Booker were getting killed in the Wisconsin game. Not playing them kept us from losing by double digits.

These are the posts that frustrate me. Do you all realize how bad Ulis and Booker were getting killed in the Wisconsin game. Not playing them kept us from losing by double digits.

This. They played horrendous D. Plus Ulis wasn't Ulis then. He was an inconsistent frosh. Booker was in a slump. The Harrison Twins were very good in the game until the end. Sadly that is all that is remembered by our dumb fans.

Reactions: stevo51
Cal has not had the best of luck in his draws. He has been under seeded a couple of years and the bracket never seems to fall apart like it does for some. Someone posted a stat on here of NCAA tournament records since 2010 and Cal had played something like eight or nine games against top four seeds (and had a winning record) and UNC was something like 1-4 against top 4 in the same time span.

We're potentially looking at Diallo, Gabriel, SKJ, and Humphries returning yet you are dissapointed that we rarely return solid players? I'd say maybe just remove your head from your ass...

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Well,, I might have gotten carried away a tad.. But the 12 team was just as fun as the 96 team to me..

I agree it was a different time but both were great. I love being in the hunt every year and would be sad to go back to the old way of waiting 4 or 5 years to have a shot. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't get how 6 final 8's in 8 years has not been exciting.

The guy is a troll, no doubt. But that means a lot coming from a proud pot head. Some good people in those towns. You're no different than the people that hate on U.K. Fans based on a few bad apples.
Lol,, piss off pecker head.. If we go by the year joined,, total posts and likes,, you would be considered the troll.. Plus it's no secret I'm an asshole.. :)

Lol,, piss off pecker head.. If we go by the year joined,, total posts and likes,, you would be considered the troll.. Plus it's no secret I'm an asshole.. :)
Lol!! Getting into post counts and likes, funny shit. I just starting posting again this summer and have had around 150 posts since the like system was implemented. Plus I called him a troll, not you. Guess it's hard to read through the fog.

Skal wasn't awful, Cal used him wrong.

Gabriel was awful, Cal couldn't use him.

Big difference. Skal is already a good NBA player. Gabriel wouldn't even sniff the NBA.

Lol!! Getting into post counts and likes, funny shit. I just starting posting again this summer and have had around 150 posts since the like system was implemented. Plus I called him a troll, not you. Guess it's hard to read through the fog.
No. You quoted me as a troll with my post.. If you wanted to set him apart from me,, should have said but you in your second sentence.. And I still stick by what this pothead said about Harlan and London as it's the truth.. ;)

No. You quoted me as a troll with my post.. If you wanted to set him apart from me,, should have said but you in your second sentence.. And I still stick by what this pothead said about Harlan and London as it's the truth.. ;)
I was talking about him, but you can take that however you like. He's a troll, and you're no different then the people that ignorantly hate on an entire fan base based on the actions of a few.

Harrison couldn't get the ball to Towns and took some ridiculous shots down the stretch, along with shit clock violations. He couldn't have been much worse.

You mean the point guard who was getting abused by Traevon Jackson during the second segment of the second half? Maybe you should watch that game again and look for Bo Ryan going at Ulis and Booker whenever they were in the game.

Andrew Harrison led UK to a 16-4 run over an 8 minute span than brought UK back from an 8 point deficit to a four point lead. Yes, Harrison sucked in the last 4 minutes, but he was the leader of a unit that shut down Wisconsin to give UK the lead in the first place.

Your revisionist history depicts only part of the story. The truth is that neither UK point guard played his best game that night.
If Andrew had a little more rest he might have played a lot better down the stretch on that game!

Harrison couldn't get the ball to Towns and took some ridiculous shots down the stretch, along with shit clock violations. He couldn't have been much worse.
You much not have watched the game. He was bad. He couldn't guard and neither could Booker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT