ADVERTISEMENT

Why Stoops is on the hot seat?

Clearly. Most people aren't intentional jerks. I don't want you banned, I enjoy your nonsense, it's so ridiculous it's funny. Btw, how did you know my name was skippy? You're a baaaad man. Do you have a Magic 8 Ball or something?

Now I see who you really are a little better though. You wont be happy until we become the UK basketball of college football. I'm going to sit back and enjoy your misery and appreciate a return to relevance.
Yawn. Besides your tendency to attempt to start a flame war every time I post, you resort to 5th grade barbs. Work on your subject matter, it's weak. It's also rather sad that you spend so much time obsessing over me.

Yawn. Besides your tendency to attempt to start a flame war every time I post, you resort to 5th grade barbs. Work on your subject matter, it's weak. It's also rather sad that you spend so much time obsessing over me.
No on obsesses over you. Yes, we don't get along. I'll challenge you every time you make an inane post that I see. From you, that is to often.

No on obsesses over you. Yes, we don't get along. I'll challenge you every time you make an inane post that I see. From you, that is to often.
Your challenges are weak and ineffective. You've never moved me off a single point that I've ever made. You must enjoy tilting at windmills too.

And yet you always devolve into flame wars. You have no skills or ability to debate on the merits; instead you resort to personal attacks.

I suspect you had to look up the word "inane."

Your challenges are weak and ineffective. You've never moved me off a single point that I've ever made. You must enjoy tilting at windmills too.

And yet you always devolve into flame wars. You have no skills or ability to debate on the merits; instead you resort to personal attacks.

I suspect you had to look up the word "inane."
sure did and , yep, inane, posts by prime mf. Said it right there on websters. You do get around.

So, tell me, how many games do you expect us to win this year? Now, be honest, how many do you hope we lose? Back on topic. Let's see if you can stay there.

sure did and , yep, inane, posts by prime mf. Said it right there on websters. You do get around.

So, tell me, how many games do you expect us to win this year? Now, be honest, how many do you hope we lose? Back on topic. Let's see if you can stay there.
Oh, now you want to have a conversation? Don't make me laugh. I was on topic before you started the flame war. You're the one switching from ad hominem to ad nauseum.

You might want to look that up.

There's absolutely nothing inane about my position on the football program. I've maintained that Stoops and Barney aren't the answer, and that it's possible to succeed in the SEC in less than four years. You've never been able to move me off that point. You might disagree, but my logic and arguments are valid, and your best "effort" is to call names and ridicule with your Alinsky nonsense.

Last edited:
Oh, now you want to have a conversation? Don't make me laugh. I was on topic before you started the flame war. You're the one switching from ad hominem to ad nauseum.

You might want to look that up.

There's absolutely nothing inane about my position on the football program. I've maintained that Stoops and Barney aren't the answer, and that it's possible to succeed in the SEC in less than four years. You've never been able to move me off that point. You might disagree, but my logic and arguments are valid, and your best "effort" is to call names and ridicule with your Alinsky nonsense.
Alinsky? You are a real piece of work. Look bud, we're all used to your positions. You do the same thing in basketball. You are at heart a contrarian, you aren't happy unless you are unhappy. Your first post started out correct, you agreed with what I posted earlier, then strayed into your normal attack mode and name calling. You wonder why people do that to you? They are responding to you in like kind. Few are moving the goal, you just don't like the message. Your next post to Jauk really got you into your normal harassing mode. Now, I answered your question there completely. I listed the six wins with 2 more that were possible. I notice you really didn't have anything to say. So, now, again, I'm asking how many games you think we'll win and how many you hope we win. I sincerely believe you hope we win 0. Am I wrong? Be honest.

Think of all the coaching changes and hires since he has been here. To me, that is the biggest red flag......his decision making overall. The voluntary and involuntary turnover keeps the program from having consistency. He keeps shifting the blame or desperately trying to make changes to try and make things better.

A confident coach makes the right decision on personnel from the beginning, works a steady plan and improves. Stoops is the complete opposite of that and not the sign of a good leader. I do like the fact that he is willing to make changes and try to correct. That is a good sign in many respects.

Still, it just seems that Stoops is constantly experimenting and not sure of his own vision, schemes on Defense or Offense. That is my concern.

Think of all the coaching changes and hires since he has been here. To me, that is the biggest red flag......his decision making overall. The voluntary and involuntary turnover keeps the program from having consistency. He keeps shifting the blame or desperately trying to make changes to try and make things better.

A confident coach makes the right decision on personnel from the beginning, works a steady plan and improves. Stoops is the complete opposite of that and not the sign of a good leader. I do like the fact that he is willing to make changes and try to correct. That is a good sign in many respects.

Still, it just seems that Stoops is constantly experimenting and not sure of his own vision, schemes on Defense or Offense. That is my concern.
Even a great leader makes bad hires. Brown wasn't fired, by the way, he was hired away from us as a HC.

The answer is not a revolving door of coaches.

It's certainly true that some coaches are better than others. No one can argue that.

But the key in this league is talent. Especially with football. It's not a top 5 class here and there that creates success in the SEC. The difference with Alabama, LSU, etc is consistently good recruiting, year after year of solid and deep recruiting classes. That is what makes a difference in this league. That is the winning formula.

Unfortunately for our impatient fanbase, that takes time. A lot of time.

We are just starting to deploy a full Stoops foundation with this year's roster. We have more raw talent on the roster than we have had in quite some time.

Be patient. Firing Stoops after this season or next season would be a catastrophic mistake.

Reactions: RV2
Still waiting for MF's prediction for win totals. He keeps avoiding that question for some reason. I wonder why..............
Probably because unlike you I work a job instead of sitting at home on the public dole.

But here's your prediction:

UK won't win six games.

Last edited:
Alinsky? You are a real piece of work. Look bud, we're all used to your positions. You do the same thing in basketball. You are at heart a contrarian, you aren't happy unless you are unhappy. Your first post started out correct, you agreed with what I posted earlier, then strayed into your normal attack mode and name calling. You wonder why people do that to you? They are responding to you in like kind. Few are moving the goal, you just don't like the message. Your next post to Jauk really got you into your normal harassing mode. Now, I answered your question there completely. I listed the six wins with 2 more that were possible. I notice you really didn't have anything to say. So, now, again, I'm asking how many games you think we'll win and how many you hope we win. I sincerely believe you hope we win 0. Am I wrong? Be honest.
Just because I end up being right every time doesn't mean I take pleasure in it.

You are the one who drinks the Kool-Aid and then gets pissy when somebody points it out. It's easy to take the popular position. You don't have the intelligence to recognize the truth when it's right in front of your face, and you wouldn't have the sack to say it if you thought you might get flamed.

And by the way, you might want to look up the word 'contrarian.' It doesn't mean what you think it means.

If the football program was headed off a cliff like it was when Joker was the coach, I have no doubt that Barnhart would cough up 12 million to stop the bleeding. But we haven't reached that point with Stoops and I hope we don't. 5 wins a season isn't what the fan base wants but it's a big improvement over 2-10 seasons. If he can't get it done in the next two years then yes it's time for a change imo.
Joker had 1 2-10 season. It is not a big improvement at all.

Reactions: Chuckinden
Joker had 1 2-10 season. It is not a big improvement at all.
If given another year there's no doubt whatsoever Joker would've had another 2-10 season. Obviously nobody is happy with what Stoops has done but let's not forget how bad things were with Joker.

If given another year there's no doubt whatsoever Joker would've had another 2-10 season. Obviously nobody is happy with what Stoops has done but let's not forget how bad things were with Joker.

If we dont see improved play this season, I'd rather not waste the returning talent next year.

Revolving coaches is one thing, but the real problem is waiting until the cupboard is bare for each new coach.

Stoops had maybe the worst roster in all of fbs to work with when he got here. Give him two more years, lets see what happens with a SENIOR LEADER by the name of drew barker

If we dont see improved play this season, I'd rather not waste the returning talent next year.

Revolving coaches is one thing, but the real problem is waiting until the cupboard is bare for each new coach.
That's what I've always judged new coaches on.....improvement from one year to the next. At this point, Stoops is getting very close to not even being called a new coach. Improvement has to start showing in every game.

Reactions: brianpoe

Before Saturday's game I thought Stoops should be given through next year to get the job done but man it's hard to defend back to back performances like we've seen.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT