ADVERTISEMENT

Why is everyone assuming Higgins is telling truth about the death threat?

No doubt, but when we do it...it's big news and the rest of the world cant believe a fan base would ever go that far.

Which we didn't. Yes, a great number of us were/still are angry but we didn't all call for Higgins' head. Just a tiny group... which every fan base has it's nuts.

Frankly, I think you guys have more nuts than most, both in sheer numbers (expected, given the fan base size) but also by percentage. I know you might not agree or like to hear that, but everyone knows it. You guys even know it, as many of you admit around here when a UK poster brings it up;) BBN gets the advantage of being among the most passionate fan bases, but that cuts both ways. Can't accept the one without the other.

I don't think he is truthful. I believe he has come up with this story to divert the heat that has been turned up on him, after a lot of the media have agreed with the BBN, that he, and/or the NCAA have an axe to grind with UK and Cal. Now he is going to play the victim in the whole thing, after he was the instigator. He is a low-life.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Frankly, I think you guys have more nuts than most, both in sheer numbers (expected, given the fan base size) but also by percentage. I know you might not agree or like to hear that, but everyone knows it. You guys even know it, as many of you admit around here when a UK poster brings it up;) BBN gets the advantage of being among the most passionate fan bases, but that cuts both ways. Can't accept the one without the other.

Agreed we have our crazies; however, you can't deny that when our idiots scream it seems to garnish a little more attention than most fan bases.

Reactions: UKCatnNC

And yet, you still visit. I guess you like nuts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Do you really have a hard time believing it?
Actually I think it is 50/50 he made it up or grossly exaggerated to make it a better story. What's he first thing that comes to mind in this case to defend yourself. Change the narrative from "my bias "to "make me the victim." Just release the tapes and then we'll all know. No tapes(VM's)I don't believe it.

Agreed we have our crazies; however, you can't deny that when our idiots scream it seems to garnish a little more attention than most fan bases.

I think it is a mix of A) your crazies tend to have a lot more moments, B) UK is always an easy story, and C) you guys tend to take it far. I mean... "Free Enes" obviously wasn't a crazy thing, but holy hell you guys did NOT let that one go, and it was EVERYWHERE:)

And yet, you still visit. I guess you like nuts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do find it generally entertaining, as do many of you:)

Actually I think it is 50/50 he made it up or grossly exaggerated to make it a better story. What's he first thing that comes to mind in this case to defend yourself. Change the narrative from "my bias "to "make me the victim." Just release the tapes and then we'll all know. No tapes(VM's)I don't believe it.

I agree with this take. All he needs to say is "I fear for my life" and the media will run with it, with no case to back it up. Release SOME kind of documentation or proof, and let the cold light of day determine whether his "fear" was reasonable or not.

Reactions: Blueaz
Late to the party and did not wanna give hits to some of these writers. What is the "evidence" of the threats?
I know there is a pretty compelling 5min video---of just the first half---of a game reffed by this guy that is pretty convincing of the screw job he gave us.

With our large fan base I have absolutely no doubt, that there are people with in our Fanbase that are stupid enough to make actual death threats. Let's not play the rival card here.

I didn't say it was entirely rivals but you can't think a U of L fan wouldn't do something like this to bring negativity to UK.

I think it is a mix of A) your crazies tend to have a lot more moments, B) UK is always an easy story, and C) you guys tend to take it far. I mean... "Free Enes" obviously wasn't a crazy thing, but holy hell you guys did NOT let that one go, and it was EVERYWHERE:)

While I can appreciate many of your points of view...I can not say I agree with all of them. Yes, UK is and will always be an easy story with the "blue mist", #BBN, and all the attention surrounding our program with Cal here....however we are hearing lots of fan bases voice their displeasure with the way the NCAA has been conducting business.

Also, there has been a pretty large outcry by other fan bases for a more level playing field when programs like UNC and UofL seem to be getting away with or prolonging punishment while programs like Wichita State, WVU, UT, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, Memphis, UM, Syracuse..and I could go on... have been slapped with violations in a more expedient process.

As for "Free Enes" that's another argument but I will say several teams have foreign players on their rosters that went through the same process yet were cleared. We don't always take things too far.... we voice displeasure very loudly as most fan bases should be doing under this lame leadership the NCAA has today.

"Everyone knows it." Dude, what have Kentucky fans done exactly that's so "crazy?" What have they ever done that put them on the same level as Alabama fans or college football fans? Nothing. They didn't murder someone, didn't shoot someone, they didn't poison trees, they didn't stab someone over a NFL Playoff game, etc.

That's stuff that fans of other teams have done. Oh, someone trolled a facebook page and acted tough on a message board? Yep. Definitely on par with actual violence.

Reactions: dezyDeco

I do find it generally entertaining, as do many of you:)

Are you a fan of a team that has a message board? If so why are you here?

Oh and if the NCAA let us off with 25 years of cheating like it seems they are UNC then we would not be complaining either.

I'm sure his business and probably his home phone (being in the business he is in) records all phone conversations. Why not release the tape ? How do we know if it was a UK fan? How do we know if it happened at all without proof? Was he exaggerating? downright lying? Does caller ID identify the alleged perpetrator?

Hopefully , when the FBI tracks this down they will do the right thing. If Higgins made up the threat story to get attention he should be prosecuted for filing a false police report. It would be a great strategy for him to make up the report to shift the story away from him and try and make UK fans look like a bunch of goons.

Why aren't reporters asking him to listen to the tape of the conversation in which the supposed threat was made?

Because my daughter lives in Omaha and it's on the news around the clock there, Is enough for me to believe it. I can see bitching a little but do to being a fan for 51 years I'm much more mature to call and tell a referee I'm going to KILL him. Seriously I was spent but I started to think about next year's team! The season is over. I'm all over recruiting to fill out what coach Cal is working on!

Nationally whoever made these threats has given BBN a huge pair of Black Eyes. This is awful and serious and criminal and I don't want to be a part of it. I've traveled my whole life making friends' from other teams. I've seen some awful fans in my time but this tops it all. I think it's time to lay the hatchet down and grow up. It's over leave this man alone!

Because my daughter lives in Omaha and it's on the news around the clock there, Is enough for me to believe it. I can see bitching a little but do to being a fan for 51 years I'm much more mature to call and tell a referee I'm going to KILL him. !
Way to throw the entire fanbase under the bus for the actions of a tiny percentage. With fans(?) like you, who needs enemies!

Reactions: track42
Because my daughter lives in Omaha and it's on the news around the clock there, Is enough for me to believe it. I can see bitching a little but do to being a fan for 51 years I'm much more mature to call and tell a referee I'm going to KILL him. Seriously I was spent but I started to think about next year's team! The season is over. I'm all over recruiting to fill out what coach Cal is working on!

Nationally whoever made these threats has given BBN a huge pair of Black Eyes. This is awful and serious and criminal and I don't want to be a part of it. I've traveled my whole life making friends' from other teams. I've seen some awful fans in my time but this tops it all. I think it's time to lay the hatchet down and grow up. It's over leave this man alone!
Well if the media reported it sure must be true.They never get anything wrong.:flushed:

And the smuggest fanbase is the one you are in, and why you posted this.

You want to talk about the years of crass chants by the dukie student section?

Reactions: dezyDeco
Maybe the FBI should look into why an official just so happens to always suck against UK.

And I don't feel sorry for Higgins. If he doesn't want the heat then call UK games fairly & quit screwing us. You screw us, we'll screw you. How's that so unfair? :)

Don't you at least want to hear the tape from the conversation where he was allegedly threatened before you assign guilt? How about the phone records of all calls made to Higgins since the game. If they were in email form publish them. It's easy to libel and slander someone with false allegations. All business these days record phone calls . PROVE IT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I want to know if Higgins is telling the truth or lying to the press and law enforcement officials before I think ill of someone.

If he is lying to law enforcement he should be prosecuted and sued by BBN for libel and slander. What if for instance someone wrote an email and said "you're a terrible ref." and that is the only basis for the death allegation. That's one set of facts. What if they said "I'm going to kill you" that's another and they should be locked up. I want to know ALL of the facts BEFORE I shoot my mouth off .

I'm sure his business and probably his home phone (being in the business he is in) records all phone conversations. Why not release the tape ? How do we know if it was a UK fan? How do we know if it happened at all without proof? Was he exaggerating? downright lying? Does caller ID identify the alleged perpetrator?

Hopefully , when the FBI tracks this down they will do the right thing. If Higgins made up the threat story to get attention he should be prosecuted for filing a false police report. It would be a great strategy for him to make up the report to shift the story away from him and try and make UK fans look like a bunch of goons.

Why aren't reporters asking him to listen to the tape of the conversation in which the supposed threat was made?
You do know there is a post on here that Google mapped his place of work down to the street city and state, pool and all. Way overboard.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
You do know there is a post on here that Google mapped his place of work down to the street city and state, pool and all. Way overboard.
This should be a relatively easy one for law enforcement to figure out IF it happened. If it happened indict. If in a month or so there is no indictment IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Whom the Gods will destroy they first make angry. Angry people make mistakes. Having been in law enforcement I believe this is a rather easy case to solve. Was it really a threat? or a perceived threat or just a bold faced lie? Time will tell . But no indictment it didn't happen.

I'm not sure, who is your team?
giphy.gif

Hey I'm not throwing anybody under the Bus just stating the facts as they are. I am not your enemy but could be if you want me to be.
I don't care what you do. But you did throw the entire fan base under the bus. A fan base that supposedly includes you. Are you an idiot that would make a death threat?

On second thought, it does sound like you might be threatening me.

Wrong again Genius, I don't make threats. You must be the driver of the bus.... I don't have to defend myself for being a UK fan to someone as shallow as you!
Lol. You said you could be my enemy if I wanted. Sounds like a threat to me, tough guy.

This should be a relatively easy one for law enforcement to figure out IF it happened. If it happened indict. If in a month or so there is no indictment IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Whom the Gods will destroy they first make angry. Angry people make mistakes. Having been in law enforcement I believe this is a rather easy case to solve. Was it really a threat? or a perceived threat or just a bold faced lie? Time will tell . But no indictment it didn't happen.

You being in Law enforcement should know the law. May be lowered to terroristic threatening a misdemeanor? What is your take Mr Lawman? Would it be a much more serious charge such as a felony...Class____?

ESPN ticker just scrolled that Higgins met with law enforcement for two hours over these death threats. Of course attributed to Goodman, who's all over this one as we all know.
Maybe law enforcement will tell him to be honest and fair so as not to upset people. GO CATS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT