ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Kentucky basketball mean so much to us?

I haven't read yet, but for me I grew up with no pro teams of any kind here. I grew up with stories of great Kentucky players from my grandparents from my parents. Crazy myth like stories. I was all in as a small child. I grew up with my father and uncles arguing over Louisville and Kentucky over Griff and Kenny Walker, my Grandpa telling me stories of Wah wah Jones, what a name. You name it, if it's Kentucky bb I love it and have my entire life.

Being a basketball lover it just means so much as a Kentucky fan.

Last edited:
Awesome take on the true meaning of rabid fandom, especially being a UK fan!!!

I need to show this to my wife when she says I'm crazy for getting so wrapped up in every phase of a game!!! Maybe she'll see that I'm not the only one!!

Awesome take on the true meaning of rabid fandom, especially being a UK fan!!!

I need to show this to my wife when she says I'm crazy for getting so wrapped up in every phase of a game!!! Maybe she'll see that I'm not the only one!!
I had the same thought while watching this. My dear, sweet wife has dropped the “it’s just a game” phrase several times but I couldn’t find the words to express what it means to me. I’ll have to show her this.

I grew up on UK basketball. Much of my family are fans. My grandparents had season tickets for a very long time. When it wasn't Thanksgiving or Christmas, my family was getting together to watch a UK game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT