ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect Opportunity

SparksCat

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 31, 2009
Kentucky and the AD came out publicly and supported him for another year.

Cal chose to leave.

Do not let Mitch make the hire.

Include great basketball minds that support Kentucky basketball in the process. Find the coach that is committed to being great and does it with actions and not just words.

Have a plan and get it done early this week.

I'm convinced Mitch and Cal both knew he wouldn't be coaching here next season when they played out the charade in their join press conference. I think it just needed time to play out behind the scenes. Call me crazy. But I do believe that to be the case. If it IS true, it will come to light at some point down the road.

If Calipari was flirting with Ohio State in February, as KSR is reporting, Barnhart knew then that Calipari was gone. Why do the TV interview? That made no sense. I just hope that Mitch had a contingency plan that involved great coaching hires starting in February otherwise, this could get really chaotic. Hoping that the right guy comes and that he hits the ground running with a top notch group of assistants. GBB!

Reactions: Kybluedude
I'm convinced Mitch and Cal both knew he wouldn't be coaching here next season when they played out the charade in their join press conference. I think it just needed time to play out behind the scenes. Call me crazy. But I do believe that to be the case. If it IS true, it will come to light at some point down the road.
I agree 100% with this. I feel as if they had some sort of agreement and Barnhart knew Cal was looking for a way out. It seems like Barnhart also threw Cal a bone once last time and tried to help Cal's legacy by letting him walk away instead of firing him. With that being said, I believe that Mitch has already made his list of coaching candidates, at least I hope.

I believe that Mitch has already made his list of coaching candidates, at least I hope.
For sure. We'll have a new coach in 48 hours. If we don't, it will only be because Hurley is a possibility (which I don't believe) and that needs time to play out for PR purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT