ADVERTISEMENT

Who will our new coach be next season?

Not sure coach is the right word. Cal is head of the program, but he is not a coach. Remember when our coaches use to make in game adjustments? Cal's idea of a coaching adjustment is a change in his seating position.

Vandy just bought oit stackhouse for 25 mill so Cal won’t take less than him but I do think there needs to be a negotiated price, he done some great things here but I’m afraid the parting of ways could tarnish the good he did. I know Hurley is the top name but why would he leave UConn???

Guarantee the only change will be support staff. Cal will convince Mitch to add a position so we essentially have an offensive and defensive coordinator. Essentially, the assistants will be restructured and changed.

The big distraction will be new NIL revenue. All UK fans will hear about for the next few months is NIL opportunities to attract future players.

I read somewhere that we would have to pay Cal in the neighborhood of 6 million a year instead of a lump some buyout.

We’re not going to get a big name coach for 3 million a year. I mean if we have only 9 million budgeted in for the basketball coach.

But I’ll take a chance on a 3 million a year coach to part ways with Cal.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Cal's gotta go. I don't even want to think about next season until that useless nitwit is out of here. Just the mere consideration of bringing him back for another season is totally unacceptable at this point.

there are 2 correct answers

the only way ccc is not here is if he is fired
Bruce Pearl is the only coach to unite the fan base, win instantly and play an entertaining style

The greasy slob returns unfortunately. Eventually he'll sucker in the AD and some fans with his whole "We have a great class coming in!" or "We've made a few tweaks, trust in us" schtick. Not me though, I haven't watched many games in the last 3-4 seasons and that's not changing until he's long gone.

I read somewhere that we would have to pay Cal in the neighborhood of 6 million a year instead of a lump some buyout.

We’re not going to get a big name coach for 3 million a year. I mean if we have only 9 million budgeted in for the basketball coach.

But I’ll take a chance on a 3 million a year coach to part ways with Cal.
Could they get iowa states guy, or could Mitch wake up and realize Kentucky basketball is like the only basketball program in the nation that makes money instead of at a deficit. They cannot bring him back, our AD has to have some common sense right? Or am I have a pipe dream again?

Can’t wait to get boat raced by Scheyer’s Duke team in the champions classic next year. That’ll really set the tone after the off season

Reactions: Philstat
At this point I would be happy with a good Kentucky high school coach. Can we just suspend him with pay so we don't have to do the buy out and do a go-fund-me to pay for a good high school coach?

Hypothetically speaking. Could you ever see a female coach as the head coach of a men’s program? Or a coach that has coaches at a women’s program? I read that article where they said Kentucky should consider the UConn women’s coach or South Carolinas women’s coach. I think from and x and o standpoint, they would be miles ahead of Cal. I’m not sure they could get the players though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT