ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next UK baseball coach ???

Next UK baseball coach will be....

• Andrew Checketts

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Greg Lovelady

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Greg Goff

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
your definition of success is to win a regular season series and to go 15-15 in conference? how often has UK been to Omaha, or even a super regional? I haven't looked at the stats, but my strong guess is our baseball tradition is close to the bottom of the SEC, just like football. My only point was we don't have the tradition to demand or even reasonably expect to get a name that will win the press conference. agree with your point that a big name doesn't necessarily guarantee anything....
No, not content with 15-15 in the Sec. But UK finished 8th of 14, hardly the bottom. I look at the UK softball program, no success at all before Rachel Lawson was hired, now they have a WCWS appearance and 4 Super Regionals in the pst 6 seasons, pretty good.
Same with Matthew Mitchell, he has a string of consecutive NCAA appearances, as well as 3 Elite eights, true he has some problems now, but he is by FAR the best womens' hoops coach we have had.
I do not know if Nick Mingione will reach similar success, but he may get us into the NCAA tournament on a yearly basis, and you cannot get to Super Regionals or the CWS without being in the tourney.

Stadium spec that were seen back in February

General Chair Back: 2420
Accessible Seating: 19
Companion Seating: 19
Berm Capacity: 1850
Berm Accessible: 15
Berm Companion: 15
Outdoor Club Seats: 164
Accessible Club Seats: 4
Companion Club Seats: 4
Suite Seats: 62
Athletics Suite: 22
Coaches Seating: 44

Total Capacity would be 4562

There will also be a practice barn (like the one at Cliff Hagen and John Cropp stadiums that will house a clubhouse for the team). So the 45 million dollars is going for "more than just a stadium".

No, not content with 15-15 in the Sec. But UK finished 8th of 14, hardly the bottom. I look at the UK softball program, no success at all before Rachel Lawson was hired, now they have a WCWS appearance and 4 Super Regionals in the pst 6 seasons, pretty good.
Same with Matthew Mitchell, he has a string of consecutive NCAA appearances, as well as 3 Elite eights, true he has some problems now, but he is by FAR the best womens' hoops coach we have had.
I do not know if Nick Mingione will reach similar success, but he may get us into the NCAA tournament on a yearly basis, and you cannot get to Super Regionals or the CWS without being in the tourney.
I would take the same results as Rachel Lawson has had with UK softball in a heartbeat. She is UK softball IMO, now it's more difficult in SEC baseball than softball, I do believe. But getting to the NCAA tournament on a regular basis would be quite satisfactory!!

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I would take the same results as Rachel Lawson has had with UK softball in a heartbeat. She is UK softball IMO, now it's more difficult in SEC baseball than softball, I do believe. But getting to the NCAA tournament on a regular basis would be quite satisfactory!!
Getting into the NCAA tourney regularly, is something we all would love to see. Like other UK sports who are regulars in post season play, baseball would add to the fan base delight !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT