ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next UK baseball coach ???

Next UK baseball coach will be....

• Andrew Checketts

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Greg Lovelady

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Greg Goff

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters
I think you could wait on Checketts if you 100 percent sure you knew he would take the job. I doubt that's the case, even more so now with him taking UCSB to the College World Series. My guess is Mitch has his guy picked out and will announce it early this week. That's just my opinion though, nothing from sources.
That would make sense. The CWS doesn't start till Saturday, then who knows how far UCSB will go, maybe all the way. If it is Murphy, Goff, or Lovelady, or someone else for that matter, you go ahead and name them and get the ball rollin !

Possibly Derek... and I don't doubt you. I just think that you could also tell your recruits your top 3 as long as you do it correctly. Still, I could be wrong.

DT... that's cruel man. I'm in court trying to frantically hit refresh without making it too obvious.

I don't want to jump the gun on things. I'm sorry to leave everyone hanging. Didn't think others were as close to reporting as they were. I was told it was Mingione earlier today.

There were at least a half dozen other candidates that would have been better choices. Everyone and their mother knows John Cohen was the hitting coach for Miss St, not Mingione. This is the same Miss St that finished dead last in the SEC last year. Not impressed by this hire at all.

He could be good but it definitely isn't anywhere near the hire we should have made. There are assistants with exponentially better resumes than this guy. Not to mention, I think most people were really hoping for a head coach that has proven himself. So, this hire seems to be quite the letdown compared to what names we were hearing.

Per Tj Walker: "What I'm told is this new coach will get things done when it comes to facilities and support. He's active, vocal and is good at shaking hands and kissing babies."

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I will wait to give my opinion on the hire. Hopefully, he can bring in some good assistant coaches with experience to help him. I believe UK needed a head coach with some head coaching experience or at least some pro coaching experience to be able to compete in the SEC. Seems to me at 1st impression this is a high risk high reward hire. I like his resume except no head coaching experience. Mitch went on the cheap with hiring a young asst. coach with no prior experience as a head coach.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Nick Mingione will be an absolute disaster. Terrible, terrible, hire.
Nice to see consistency in the fan base. Let's not hire a guy with an excellent reputation as a recruiter and high energy from Mississippi State. Oh well, pretty soon football will be here and all the sunny dispositions will be back.

Nice to see consistency in the fan base. Let's not hire a guy with an excellent reputation as a recruiter and high energy from Mississippi State. Oh well, pretty soon football will be here and all the sunny dispositions will be back.
People said the same thing about Henderson when he was first hired.

Reactions: myWILDCATjones
"Averaging four players drafted in Major League Baseball for every year coached in college baseball, perhaps no other assistant on the collegiate level has more proven success at player development than Nick Mingione, who has been part of the Mississippi State baseball family since June 2008. Having completed his sixth season in Starkville and 13th total as an assistant coach in 2014, the current Diamond Dawg assistant has worked with 53 MLB Draft picks, coached 35 All-American Honors and developed five conference players of the year."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT