ADVERTISEMENT

Who Thinks We Can Beat Duke In Basketball and Why

Cal did not take games like this seriously - if you win them - bonus to his brilliance. If you lose them - young team needs time. He just rolled the dice and watched/hoped to see if his team's talent level could pull it off.

As previously said - this team will be far better coached and prepared from the jump - not full of excuses until January. New pride in the actual program and UK jersey - so I expect to see a very different approach and a very different UK team and product... and such a different result.

Win? I certainly will be pulling for that and expect experience this early on to pay off some. That said - these games in the past seem to have always had someone "No one saw on the radar/scouting report" have a career game vs UK. I attribute much of that to our previously coach, his lack of preparation, his acceptance of mediocrity and low expectations of winning games like this. I never put a "W" in the win column until the buzzer sounds - but like our chances so much better than in the past seasons... that record vs top 25 teams was embarrassing.

Go CATS - show them a new way!

• Love
Reactions: deep3
Cooper Flopper Flagg will get beat up by bigger stronger players in the ACC. He will be ref protected. Hes already the most hated player in USA I figure he will have a year of
injurirs To protect his draft stock.

Cooper Flopper Flagg will get beat up by bigger stronger players in the ACC. He will be ref protected. Hes already the most hated player in USA I figure he will have a year of
injurirs To protect his draft stock.
You saying he will get the Okafor/Filipowski whistle? That's the DUKE way...

I’ll admit, I haven’t watched anything from their incoming freshman. But we’ve seen how freshman can struggle in their first game under the bright lights. I also think Pope and the staff will have a gameplan in place to try and disrupt Flagg. I would hope UK makes it a physical game.

Beating duke would be a lovely start to the Pope era.

Reactions: westerncat
With Pope on the bench coaching i feel good about winning against Duke. Cooper Flagg will not beat UK by himself. I remember when Pistol Pete was playing for LSU he got his points and Rupp just told the UK player he will get his points just hold the rest of LSU player down. I would love to beat Duke !

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Duke is going to be good. But I think we are catching them at the right time. We have the experience advantage, and I think the better coach.

Some of you guys are leaving out the part where Duke brought in quite a few quality transfers.

They won't merely be featuring freshmen.

Duke will beat Kentucky, in games like that the team with the best player on the floor wins. Duke will have the best player by far on the floor for that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT